Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Maperformance yet once again...

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2011, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maperformance yet once again...

Sorry for the novel, but I wanted to be detailed.

I was currently going e-mail tune with another company that I paid for; it was taking way to long, with issues always arising. After spending $300 for a pump gas tune and e-85 + scaling + tephra, I was working my tune on the way to being done. I kept having knock issues, to which I was extremely worried that something might happen. I was wanting to fix this issue before anything MIGHT happen. I looked over everything and it seemed perfect, figuring it would be phantom. While trying to finish my tune on a car that I haven't hit WOT in over 8 months on, my tuner leaves the country +- a month. I was ecstatic about something of the such happening. I understand people need vacations, but finish your **** before you just drop everything, or give advanced notice instead of 2 days.

So being angry, sick of this crap, I had the cash laying around; figured I'd just get my tuning done in one day. I contacted MAP on May 13th, trying everything I could to get my car tuned before May 20th for Automotions in the Wisconsin Dells. The soonest I could get was the week after, discouraged; but still happy since its early enough on little to no notice. I had it setup for 10:30AM, I live in La Crosse, WI. La Crosse is about 3hrs and 10minutes away from MAP (without heavy traffic).

I left at 6AM, got to MAP at 9:30AM, first time at a bigger performance company, I was over excited. First step in the door myself and 2 other buddies we started talked to Daelen Snow for at least 30 minutes about anything and everything. Right off the bat I felt welcomed and ready to start the day. Then Nick Baklund came out, asked me a few questions about my car, got the keys and got the car ready. Went out to the dyno, did a few runs, everything was going great. Tuning my car at MAP was Jordan Schreyer, he was extremely professional and VERY fast at his job. Anything arose, he knew how to fix it, in no time. Tuning the car took around 4 hours, between switching from pump to e-85.

Throughout the day it went fine until I went to high boost on e85, I ended up having a wastegate issue, which it would only boost to 22psi with my MBC all the way open, so it has to be wastegate issue. When I ordered my MAP O2 housing external dump with turbosmart compgate40 through map it was suppose to have a 14psi spring so I was confused because when we did the pump gas it was boosting 5psi at minimum. Chris Carey ended up walking by at about this time, noticed the issue, I conversed with him about it. It could only be there fault, but how could he know for sure? It seemed from him, he didn't care, the issue was there and he took full responsibility. He ended up prorating a generous amount from my tuning for my issue. Jordan switch my external dump over so my boost issue would be eliminated.

From there, around the shop there was plenty of people that were interested in seeing what my car was making for power. The respect and compassion of the staff at MAP was great! Finally finishing up e-85 I was getting excited, the big pull was finally here to see what I was going to make! Pump gas was 327hp\271tq@14PSI on 93 then on E-85 I made 451hp\409TQ@26psi. My goal was 450hp so I was MORE then happy. Didn't get my e-mail of my dyno sheet yet but here is the photo I got with the important part.

After pulling the car off the dyno, got everything covered, got a few stickers and a 'size does matter' shirt. Just about to walk out and I start talking with Chris some more, he persuaded to show me around the shop, of what I didn't see. Along with talking to him about the new shop there going to build in Texas and the new turbos they are coming out with.

Around the shop I got to see a few Evolutions 8 9 and X, Srt-4s, Miatas, Stis, 2g and many more. Checked out there rx7 FD 1000hp car, when they were moving it around, was sweet! Along with there drag evo, which was SUPER clean also. I will say hands down, MAP has the most respectable, friendly and knowledgeable staff I've dealt with. IMO when the owner can slow down in a day and talk with a customer, that means more about the business then anything. Everything seemed smooth at MAP, everyone knew what was going on, there was no such thing as a gray area. I'll recommend them for anything, this day foreword.

Old May 27, 2011, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Impressive numbers! What are your mods?
Old May 27, 2011, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Nevermind I just looked at your sig haha
Old May 30, 2011, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElectricBlueIX
Impressive numbers! What are your mods?
Thanks! Couldn't do it without the help of MAP.
Old May 31, 2011, 01:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Thank you for the kind words sir, I'm glad you're happy with the outcome!