Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

IveyTune

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2011, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IveyTune

I would just like to to say thanks to the guys up at IveyTune In DirTy JerZ... I went up their last Friday sort of a on a last minute note to get an ACT Clutch install for my car. They were able to finish up the job inabout 5-6hrs. So far I haven't experienced any lock out issues with the ACT HDSS yet but things seem to be perfect right now considering the issues with this setup.
I unfortunately experienced car truoble sooon after I left the shop getting onto the turnpike. Sean and his mechanic came and met me as soon as I called. They assured the clutch wasn't the issue and I didn't want to jump the gun neither considering their a reputable shop. Sean called a tow truck for me and I had the car towed back to the shop. The next morning they diagnosed the car and 2 codes came up for the crank angle sensor and cam angle sensor malfunction. They opened up the timing belt assembly and said their was a large piece of metal that broke my sensor and damaged a few other items. This was caused by another friend (mechanic) who used a large paper clip to hold the timing belt onto the camshaft gears when we did the install overa year ago. It must of become dislodged when we lost the frigging thing during the installation. I knew what it was and where it came from when IveyTune called me and asked me if I used anything of this sort during any type of work performed on the vehicle previously. I remeber my mechanic looking for it after he had lost it. Long story short I basically had to get a timing belt service way earlier then expected and had what was damaged replaced with a new timing belt, balance, shaft belt, accesory belt etc. Lesson learned, next time I will pay somebody reputable to install any additional parts on the vehicle to prevent this. I ended up paying more money than expected but I was definately pleased with the service and work performed at IveyTune. Thanks guys for waiting for me to pick up the car and I am sure you will see me in the near future! Hopefully not on a similiar basis LOL...

Eric
Old Jun 8, 2011, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iveytune customer service ftw....
Old Jun 10, 2011, 02:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eric it was great meeting you, hope to see you again soon.

Sean
Old Jun 12, 2011, 06:22 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sean and his crew do a nice job-

If I didnt tune myself, I would take my car to him-

cb