Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Buschur Racing parts and experience FTW.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2011, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spoke to Sean Ivey about the same thing and all that would have been needed was a HKS or Cosworth Headgasket @ $155 range. There are tons of people running 40-50psi on these headgaskets without o-ringing the block or head.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
i thought you also bored your block .40 as well
yes its a built 2.0 @ 0.040 over
Old Jul 15, 2011, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gkania
I spoke to Sean Ivey about the same thing and all that would have been needed was a HKS or Cosworth Headgasket @ $155 range. There are tons of people running 40-50psi on these headgaskets without o-ringing the block or head.
I'm sure there are, but I've also heard of people (even well known race builds) having trouble with those high dollar gaskets.. for the money, just doing the o-rings and be done with it seems like a good move. I think it might have only cost me 150 bucks more or so to get this done than what it would have to get an aftermarket gasket. (When you consider the shops who either O ring the head or the block and what kind of track record they have with making power... this makes even more sense)
Old Jul 15, 2011, 09:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Liqquid