Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Bad experience with lancershop.com

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad experience with lancershop.com

I recently ordered a replacement bumper for my evo VIII from www.lancershop.com. The bumper was $80 more expensive than another vendor I had been working with, but they had it available so I was willing to pay the extra $80 as well as a higher shipping price in order to get the bumper sooner. My order was processed and all seemed fine, but after a few days I still hadn't received a tracking number and had to call them to find out what was going on. I was then notified that they charged the wrong amount for shipping and needed to increase the shipping charges by $100 in order to actually send out the order. They never contacted me when they found this out, I had to contact them. They also didn't seem real willing to own up to their mistake. The best they did was tell me they checked for a cheaper shipping option and couldn't find one so I either had to pay the extra $100 or cancel my order.

I have worked in the retail and customer service industry quite a while now and most companies will just eat some money if the mistake is their own. At the software company I work at we certainly wouldn't tell a customer "too bad" if we made a mistake on a quote we sent them. We generally will eat it in the interest of exceeding a customer's expectations. That can go a long way in getting someone to refer others to you and not post negative experiences as I am. In the grand scheme of things they could have taken care of me as the error was theirs and I could be happy right now and this review could be giving them props, not speaking negatively of their customer service.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, there are lot's-o-threads on here about Lancershop. Avoid them like the plague.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Had no idea they where like that. I just ordered allot of parts from them and they came in a timely fashion. They forgot to send come couplings but all it took was a call and some pictures and they shipped them out... Not a bad experience for me this time i guess..

Originally Posted by bigben
Yep, there are lot's-o-threads on here about Lancershop. Avoid them like the plague.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They sound like clubrsx. I had an issue with some parts I ordered. I received something completely different than what was pictured. When I called to confirm that if it was the correct part or not the lady on the other end was worthless. Sucks they tried to charge you more for their mistake.

Sometimes it is better to do business with a shop you have had positive experiences with even if you have to wait a bit.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by JDMCT9MR
They sound like clubrsx. I had an issue with some parts I ordered. I received something completely different than what was pictured. When I called to confirm that if it was the correct part or not the lady on the other end was worthless. Sucks they tried to charge you more for their mistake.

Sometimes it is better to do business with a shop you have had positive experiences with even if you have to wait a bit.

Tough thing is the other company screwed me over too. I ordered a bumper from this other place and paid to get it painted as well and two weeks later I still hadn't received it or any info on its status. I called them and at that point they went and actually looked and found they didn't even have the bumper in stock. Yet another company that screwed up and didn't take the time to call me and tell me. It took another two weeks to get a refund from them because after telling me they had to give a refund because they couldn't even get the bumper, they then claimed I had never asked for a refund. It was a nightmare with them too. So for an FYI, never buy parts from autobodyfit.com either.

The frustrating part is that mistu doesn't allow people to make aftermarket replacements for the oem bumper. It is a dealer only part so it's either OEM and hard to find or crap fiberglass replicas. Needless to say the process of just replacing the bumper has been a nightmare. No way I am going to a dealer directly to get it or I will be paying like $750 for something one of these other shops can get from a dealer for like $300.

I will just have to hit up more auto body places and see what they can round up.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Did you try Driveline? Lancershop has always sucked. Plenty of other legit vendors who want to earn your business with a track record for excellent customer service.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by HondaIsBueno
I recently ordered a replacement bumper for my evo VIII from www.lancershop.com. The bumper was $80 more expensive than another vendor I had been working with, but they had it available...
[emphasis added]

Stop right there.

My guess: if they said that they had it in stock, then they flat-out lied. They never had it in hand and planned to drop-ship it to you from the start. When they got your money and started the process on their end, they discovered either a change in cost or a change in shipping and tried to pass this along to you.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa999
[emphasis added]

Stop right there.

My guess: if they said that they had it in stock, then they flat-out lied. They never had it in hand and planned to drop-ship it to you from the start. When they got your money and started the process on their end, they discovered either a change in cost or a change in shipping and tried to pass this along to you.
This is unfortunately common practice in this industry with smaller operations. Always check the reputation of the company you're about to hand your money to.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I shopped with them once and never again. Lancershop.com suks balz
Old Jun 30, 2011, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Iowa999
[emphasis added]

Stop right there.

Precisely. Drop ship from California or something and then told me their site screwed up and charged me the wrong amount. They quickly upped the shipping on their site and even by $25 more than what they quoted me the difference was on the phone. Charged me $53, upped to $153, site now says $175.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by JakeTheVIII
Did you try Driveline? Lancershop has always sucked. Plenty of other legit vendors who want to earn your business with a track record for excellent customer service.
Never heard of them. what is their web address? Tried to google it and got like 3 billion options.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 02:25 PM

aren't they a vendor here?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 02:26 PM

3 billion is a lot.

http://drivelinestore.com/
Old Jul 1, 2011, 08:45 PM

Lmao I hate dealing with venders peak boost did my dirty also that's why I just do my own research around where I live and hope for the best deal some times venders charge more then te dealer
Old Jul 4, 2011, 06:25 PM

so which vendors or websites would you guys recommend?...ive found lancershop to be quite pricey.

Quick Reply: Bad experience with lancershop.com