Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Torque solutions drive shaft mounts

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torque solutions drive shaft mounts

I just bought a set of these from maperformance.com, and I wish I had done it the first day I bought my evo. It makes shifting much smoother, and I already have the aluminum buschur shifter (under hood) and shifter base bushings, blox front motor mount, and ingalls stiffy. It still made a noticable improvement in shifting.

I did notice a slight increase in noise and vibration at certain RPM ranges, but it's not bad at all. I'm not sure if that's due to having all the other drivetrain mods I just mentioned as well.

I can't explain why, but it definitely changed the sound of my exhaust as well. It gave it a more throaty wound, similar to a muscle car kind of sound. I kinda like it

I know the beatrush bushings were reviewed already, just wanted to let everyone know the torque solutions seem very similar, and are probably the best bang for buck mod I've done to the evo so far.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i was looking to get these, how was the install? i couldnt find a write up, how long did it take? did you have to press anything out or could it be done easily by ones self?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Very easy install, all you need are basic hand tools. It took me about 15 minutes to do mine.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Can you give me a link to the product?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.maperformance.com/torque-...ts-ev-dsb.html
Old Aug 25, 2011, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Its easy if the billet pieces fit through the carrier without issue. For some reason one of mine didn't fit so I had to dremel the opening a little to make it go through. Otherwise pretty easy.

I noticed absolutely no difference. At the time I had just a WeaponR engine damper. Idk...
Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by deeman101
Its easy if the billet pieces fit through the carrier without issue. For some reason one of mine didn't fit so I had to dremel the opening a little to make it go through. Otherwise pretty easy.

I noticed absolutely no difference. At the time I had just a WeaponR engine damper. Idk...
were you having any issues with shifting? I could see if you were already shifting smooth you wouldn't notice a change.

I did have an issue with one bushing fitting, and I also used a dremel. Only took a few seconds, and then it slipped right in.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by sujinX
i was looking to get these, how was the install? i couldnt find a write up, how long did it take? did you have to press anything out or could it be done easily by ones self?
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ur-garage.html

The install is exactly the same as this one for the beatrush bushings
Old Aug 26, 2011, 05:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anything you can do to tighten up the driveline slack will help out tremendously.. for 50.00 you cannot go wrong with these..

Mike
Old Aug 28, 2011, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have been thinking about getting a set too. I may just order some tonight!
Old Aug 29, 2011, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dfagod
were you having any issues with shifting? I could see if you were already shifting smooth you wouldn't notice a change.

I did have an issue with one bushing fitting, and I also used a dremel. Only took a few seconds, and then it slipped right in.

I think I do shift more smoothly than the avg driver of an evo. Everyone that I let try my car end up clunking the diff on every freaking shift. But yea one bushing just would not go in no matter how much I tried. I was like eff it and I sanded down the edge of the hole with a dremel to let it slide it snugly.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by deeman101

weird? I had the exact same issue. All of the billet pieces went in smoothly except one. It was one of the ones towards the front of the car iirc. I ended using sand paper and a scotch brite pad to smooth it out little by little.

I did notice more noise transmitted in the cabin from the driveshaft. sort of a whine noise, at highway speeds and especially on decel (from 60+). I dont mind it too much as my evo is already making noises from the tre diff and walboro. I can confirm the torque solutions noise can be heard from outside the car. Last track event while another driver was taking laps on the evo, I could hear the driveshaft whine on decel from where I was standing close to the turn (behind the fence on turn 14 at Thunderhill, and on the bridge). It was making a sound similar in whine to a supercharged car, thought it was pretty cool actually. DD out on the streets probably wont be as exaggerated (sp?) as this was decelerating from 115 mph, fwiw.

on another note, the stock ones have a lot of slop that is designed into them to reduce these noises. Unless your doing for a performance gain Im not sure I would recommend them.

Last edited by TommiM; Aug 30, 2011 at 05:50 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Not to talk any smack, but I bought the Torque solutions for under the shifter base. Every single one was a different height. I wasn't impressed.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 06:18 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
considering that the driveshaft is centered in the carriers by a relatively compliant donut flap, i'm amazed that these solid bushings do anything. when i was pulling on the driveshaft of an evo 9 on a lift at english racing, the donut flap was way more compliant than the factory rubber bushings. i've now read several positive reviews on these things though, so i'm gonna have to give them a try.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
considering that the driveshaft is centered in the carriers by a relatively compliant donut flap, i'm amazed that these solid bushings do anything. when i was pulling on the driveshaft of an evo 9 on a lift at english racing, the donut flap was way more compliant than the factory rubber bushings. i've now read several positive reviews on these things though, so i'm gonna have to give them a try.

I thought the same. Went of the positive reviews and installed it, but for me it did nothing. Not a huge loss time or money wise, it was worth a try.

Quick Reply: Torque solutions drive shaft mounts