Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My ETS V2 Quiet Catback Exhaust review

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2011, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if possible, i'd love to hear a sound clip...i've been considering this system as well...thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2011, 09:15 PM

Bump this up for a Vid clip!
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:34 PM

I should have a vid up by next week. Getting tuned tomorrow night!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Horus
Yea... maybe this should be provided in the install kit? What did the rest of you all do?
Yes its not like this exhaust is new model. Why cant the vendor provide proper fitment and hardware for 1k? come on.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
The exhaust system was designed to use the factory bolt. We have made a few changes which brings the mounting bracket in a bit to give better clearance and fitment to the under carriage. I'm guessing pushing that bracket in made the bolt stick out a bit farther then most people like. I'm going to include a bolt with the exhaust systems going forward for mounting purposes. We have also made a change to the rear section of the v2 quiet to sit inwards a bit more to clear the plastics. It's threads like this that really help a company fine tune the product. We appreciate the responses good or bad.

Since our X is at the other shop, I will need to order a bracket or get the width from a forum member so we can provide the correct bolt.

Thanks again,

Michael
Old Oct 13, 2011, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
The exhaust system was designed to use the factory bolt. We have made a few changes which brings the mounting bracket in a bit to give better clearance and fitment to the under carriage. I'm guessing pushing that bracket in made the bolt stick out a bit farther then most people like. I'm going to include a bolt with the exhaust systems going forward for mounting purposes. We have also made a change to the rear section of the v2 quiet to sit inwards a bit more to clear the plastics. It's threads like this that really help a company fine tune the product. We appreciate the responses good or bad.

Since our X is at the other shop, I will need to order a bracket or get the width from a forum member so we can provide the correct bolt.

Thanks again,

Michael
Hey Michael,

That is awesome to hear that you all listen to these threads for what they are and actually adjust your product to better fit the needs of the customers. Your customer service/ product quality/ willingness to hear your customers and make a difference is definitely THE best IMO. So while on that note (and not to change the main focus of this thread) after getting tuned by Road Race Engineering last night, they found that (while still very slight) my intake system by AMS was having some inconsistent readings at the very end of the power band (above 6-6500 rpm) where it would dip in power and run rich due to the connection of the piping where the air filter fits right near the MAF sensor housing. Since AMS designed a "lip" at the end of the piping to better fit the air filter, it sometimes throws off the MAF. Then after looking at the ETS intake (with similar type design) you guys have that very smooth connection between the air filter to MAF / intake piping with no lip or dip....... this made me wish I got the ETS one... oh well, I am not bad mouthing my AMS intake my any means because it is definitely a quality piece as well and for some reason not all act this way apparently but mine did and I still feel the need to voice my opinion as this is what there forums are about and if this can help anyone else in the future with wanting to buy parts for their X, than I've done my job. Luckily for me, mine is a daily driver and I'm not much of a track guy so this whole issue shouldn't bother me much, but then who knows what the future holds Anyhow, hope all this made sense to everybody and happy modding
Old Oct 13, 2011, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

ETS is good people. Michael has been very patient with me lately, and I appreciate it very much
Old Oct 13, 2011, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think anything you get from ETS, you will be happy. They have the best customer service, and really nice and well put together parts.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

^
Love my ETS V2 Quiet and HFC, sounds great, fits great and easily passed Colorado Dyno/sniffer emissions test!

Although I didn't need any customer service after the sale, every thread I've seen where there was an issue with fitment, or shipping damage, etc., ETS has made it right--quickly and with no hassle.

Make mine ETS!!
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Thanks Guys!
Old Oct 16, 2011, 04:23 PM

Ok everyone... I finally went ahead and made a video. Now it's not as thorough as I'd like and the footage isn't as good as I wished, but I am limited in the area that I live and time is a huge issue as I have a family so basically what you will see is the best I could do for now... when there's more time and a better location... I'll post a better one, but I know you guys/gals want something for now so HERE IT IS, ENJOY!!!

http://youtu.be/OXLroe2eEFU
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:58 AM

Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to put this together, definitely helped me make my decision.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Thanks Guys!
I sent you guys an email, did you get a chance to read it? Ill pm you the email. Tell me what you think.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:19 PM

Hey guys just ordered my ETS V2 Quiet Catback Exhaust. I am not the type for a loud noisy exhaust..... With that being said I think when I put my foot down with this exhaust I will be able to hear it unlike the dam stock one. But man it's like Mitsubishi missed the boat on the stock exhaust. I mean my dad has a RT neon and his exhaust is louder than mine. I have a 2013 Evo grs , with K&N intake, Mitsubishi mud flaps. 3M tint and hopeful in the next week I can install the blow off valve from HKS with the recirculating kit and ETS V2 Quiet Catback Exhaust. I am hopeful from all the positive reviews you all have posted that I will be happy with the exhaust. I would like to ask you all a couple of regarding the BOV ( yes I know this thread is about exhaust system ) I currently have it here and am Contemplating if it makes sense to install it. What benefits will I get from it ? Will it prolong turbo life. The car is brand new and I don't want any mods that will void the warranty. And in regards to the ETS exhaust will I get gains of 15 to 20 without tuning ?. Please let me know guys as I am a new member and trying to save money on all installs vs going to a shop and paying MADD money. Thanks. Jamaican Evo out.