Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My ETS V2 Quiet Catback Exhaust review

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2011, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My ETS V2 Quiet Catback Exhaust review

Here was what I was looking for in an exhaust for my X:

1. quality fitment and components
2. reliability
3. great power gains but with a dual look
4. a great deep throaty sound but not one that would attraction too much attention/ or obnoxiously loud.
5. clean look from rear, close to stock look with the tips/placement
6. minimal to no drone
7. 3" piping

... and I found EVERYTHING I was looking for in this exhaust system.

I also bought the ETS HFC to go along with the catback. (another great piece but we'll stay on topic)

The install was very straight forward and I am extremely happy with the results and finished product. I am not quite sure if the HFC made any sound difference (as opposed to only installing the catback) as I installed both at the same time. But overall for everyday driving around town and highway, I feel it was the best choice for me. I live in LA, CA and I am not worried about the noise level, however at WOT this thing can scream.
My car has just over 1000 miles on it and I'm sure it will take a few hundred more miles for this exhaust to properly break in so I'll keep you guys/gals posted on how it evolves sound-wise as more time passes.

Issues:

I had only a few issues with the install.

1. In the end result, the mufflers ended up slightly touching the back of my rear bumper (refer to pics) but no so much that it pushed my bumper out, but it has slightly melted where it touches BUT, you can't tell from looking at it unless you get under the car so that's good.
2. Unless ETS forgot to send me one, the stock bolt which holds the intermediate pipe to the rear hanger is too long so my friend fabricated one to fit perfectly from some old scrap bolts laying around his shop. (luckily there was one with the exact threads!)
3. ETS sent me my exhaust a bit later than expected and without the replacement attachment bolts for the install, but I brought it to their attention and Michael graciously overnighted me the bolts free of charge which was much appreciated, so thanks again Michael! The customer service with ETS has always been great no matter who I deal with over there, just an FYI.

My favorite things about this setup are:

1. sound... doesn't sound ricey or cheap, very deep and throaty and not too loud
2. very close to stock looking, my goal with my car is not to make it look raced out, IMO thin super wide tips especially with the burnt titanium look make it look like it's trying to be fast (which is not necessarily a bad thing) but it's just not my style.
3. the quality seems very top notch to me
4. customer service
5. NO DRONE!

So for any of you who are looking for the same qualities as I was in an exhaust system, I highly recommend the V2 Quiet and you won't look back. I intend to make a thorough vid of my setup, and will post as soon as I can.
Attached Thumbnails My ETS V2 Quiet Catback Exhaust review-img_1864.jpg   My ETS V2 Quiet Catback Exhaust review-img_1861.jpg   My ETS V2 Quiet Catback Exhaust review-img_1862.jpg  

Last edited by Horus; Oct 6, 2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

+1
Very good review! I just got this as well, and couldn't have said it better.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:05 PM

Thanks for the review!! This is one of the exhaust I was considering over my Buschar 3" exhaust. I want to minimize the drone in cabin.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Showsol2211
Thanks for the review!! This is one of the exhaust I was considering over my Buschar 3" exhaust. I want to minimize the drone in cabin.
Yea in cabin drone was a big thing for me as I have a 5 month old and a wife and we frequent OC (which is about an hour from where I am in LA) and no drone issues at all. Although we usually take the SUV, I wanted to test it out w the Evo, and it's family approved. Even when I'm by myself, I can comfortably listen to music w/o having to blast the volume.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

There are no pics on here. But if you look at your rubber exhaust hangers, one side of them is longer than the other. Have you tried to adjust the hangers to align the tips more. i had to do this on my CP-E and wound up near perfect center.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by armysoldier1073
There are no pics on here. But if you look at your rubber exhaust hangers, one side of them is longer than the other. Have you tried to adjust the hangers to align the tips more. i had to do this on my CP-E and wound up near perfect center.

ok the pics are up now... the showed up on the preview?? oh well... anyhow, it's not that they are touching my bumper on the top of the bumper... the whole exhaust seems to fit pushed backward just a bit too far where it hits the back of the rear bumper like in the pics... but like I said above you can't tell from looking at it from the back so that's good. And I honestly don't see it being a huge problem. But if something happens I'll let you guys know!

As far as looking aligned from the rear, it fit nearly perfect, so I didn't have to adjust anything there.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Thanks for the review! Glad to see it's family approved. I remember that being a big deal for you. No one wants a mad wife or girlfriend. haha.

- Michael
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Thanks for the review! Glad to see it's family approved. I remember that being a big deal for you. No one wants a mad wife or girlfriend. haha.

- Michael
you guys are A+++ in my books. I've done a lot of business in the past for my 2GB eclipse. Now I have more to buy from you for my 08 X. ALWAYS happy with the quality you give and by far some of the best customer service I have ever seen in the car scene. I will likely be looking for this exhaust in the very near future. right now I am currently waiting on my ETS catted test pipe from you.

Also, I would love to see a vid clip of this exhaust!!!
Old Oct 6, 2011, 01:23 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Showsol2211
Also, I would love to see a vid clip of this exhaust!!!
+1, preferably a drive-by, if you do.

There's quite a few ETS v2 Quiet idle clips on youtube, but the only drive-by clips I've found are with the O2 dump downpipe, which changes the sound quite a bit.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 02:50 PM

I have the reg V2 and I love it. The exhaust hangers were a bit of a b!tch tho.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 08:11 AM

I also noticed the stock bolt for the rear hanger was too long on my v2. I picked up an 8mmx30mm bolt from home depot...problem solved.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by loudpedal
I also noticed the stock bolt for the rear hanger was too long on my v2. I picked up an 8mmx30mm bolt from home depot...problem solved.
Yea... maybe this should be provided in the install kit? What did the rest of you all do?
Old Oct 8, 2011, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Nice review. I love my Quiet V2 as well.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 04:02 PM

Nice write up! Ive been all over the forums looking for someone to finally do this. If you couls try and post up some videos, with the usual incar, out of car, and a few drive bys - WOT, and smooth shifting.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

I'm actually kind of concerned about the fitment on this. Seems like the muffler unit is larger than it needs to be.

Quick Reply: My ETS V2 Quiet Catback Exhaust review