Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Tuning By Freddie@SpecOps

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2011, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tuning By Freddie@SpecOps

I had my car tuned by freddie in late september and the car ran well and made great power. Well a few days later I replaced my old Apexi filter with a new Amsoil filter and MAF adapter. As the weather got cooler I decided to start taking logs of the car to see where the AFR's stood at. When the car was originally tuned it was around 80 degrees and the night that I logged was the first night it got down into the high 40's. The car was getting pretty lean and misfiring a little bit. After some research I found alot of people have this issue as the ambient temps go down. I called up freddie on a friday night to report what I had found and see if we could meet up to touch up the fuel map for the cold. He fit me in the next day and we met up to go do some road tuning. On the way out we did one pull on a new map he had worked on earlier that day and immediately my car was returning back back to normal. We spent a few hours doing runs and he ended up making a completely new fuel map for the car. We decided that the filter was a big factor because the apexi was pretty old and significantly smaller. He touched nothing but the fuel map and the boost controller was not messed with at all. In the end my boost increased by 1lb and I made 40 more whp and 30 more wtq over my previous tune. The customer service is a big thing that I think will cause me to keep going back to freddie, along with the fact that he is a great tuner.

Here is the link to my results thread:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...green-e85.html
Old Oct 24, 2011, 05:30 AM
Account Disabled

Thanks for the review Andrew, and I was suprised at how much an Air Filter made!

Last edited by Spec-Ops1; Oct 24, 2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great review for superior customer servive
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:39 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good job Fred

Wow amazing difference in power no doubt, I am sure the difference made the car much more fun to drive
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

I go to Spec-Ops Motorsports for all my tuning and mechanical needs and I always get superior service! Steve is an awesome mechanic and is very knowledgeable on STI's and EVO's
Old Oct 25, 2011, 02:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Andrew I'm glad you are happy with our service. There is a reason why we asked Freddie to come be apart of our team. It wasn't because of his good looks...

If there is ever anything else we can help you with don't hesitate to ask. We all like taking good care of our friends.

Mikey
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

Great review! Freddie is for sure one of the best people to work with, and he won't stop tweaking the tune until he's completely satisfied. I too am thinking about replacing my filter with one of the amsoil units. It is significantly larger than my k&n, and I hope that I pick up a few extra ponies although I don't foresee 40. Nice results!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 06:15 AM
Account Disabled

I love that filter! I have had the HKS, Vibrant, K&N, AFE Power and Perrin. Hands down Amsoil is the best all around filter I have used!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 07:12 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks for the review Andrew. Freddie is a great person, knows his tuning and has awesome customer service! 100% customer service is what we strive to give every customer and thanks for choosing us

-Matt