Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

AWD Motorsports T-Case issues

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2011, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AWD Motorsports T-Case issues

I purchased an ACD transfer case rebuilt with new rings and pinions from their website in November of 2010. Received it a month later and was installed by English Racing. Daily driven for a total of 4 months due to a motor build taking time so the car sat for a while. Never saw the track/strip.

The t-case went out and car was towed to English to have it inspected.
Fluids were always full, never low or empty. Pictures below were taken by them when they took it apart. There was a missing bearing on a pinion and it basically disintegrated. Contacted Mike at AWD and was told to send it back. Sent back the transfer case to them.

English called them for many weeks after that to see what the deal was and was told they would get back to them. No time frames were given, just told us "we don't have any." I sent e-mails to them with no responses.

Now it has been about 4 months since we sent the faulty t-case to them.
Sent one last e-mail to them before posting on here, again with no response.

Old Nov 13, 2011, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
To clarify, the problem wasnt that it didnt have a bearing. You can see the bearing is there. The problem is there was NO RACE which you can see is missing if you look.

Aaron
Old Nov 14, 2011, 09:39 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Moved to vendor reviews and locked pending AWD response. Remember, these threads should only have comments from those with direct knowledge of the situation, and the posts should be only regarding the facts - no vendor bashing.

Mike - let me know when you want to respond and I will unlock the thread.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:12 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
This thread has been opened for AWD to respond only. No one other than the OP, ER, or Mike @AWD is allowed to respond to anything in this thread going forward. As soon as I can see the thread is responded to, I will close it again.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im sorry but i have not received 1 email from you on this and like i said we were working on trying to figure out what could have happened.. I personally cant imagine how a Tcase with NO RACE could run for 4 miles let alone 4 months and others i have spoken to agreed with that.. However i stand behind our product even though another shop completely tore it down and sent it to us in pieces before ever asking how we want to handle this.. I dont think Shep, Buschur or anyone fixes parts completely taken apart before its reinspected to determine the issue.. I sent you a PM on this but i didnt want to leave this locked so everyone thinks i didnt reply.. we cna handle this thru PM since your now a member and also remember our telephone works as well 5 days a week and we received 0 phone calls from you on this in the last 3 motnhs or from ER & john bradley (cool, thanks guys ) .. Thanks nsomniac for bringing this to our attention..
Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
The race that was missing was on the transmission side. So the Transmission would help support the ring gear. Also the ring gear is pushing it away from this bearing by how it works. So this one bearing could run for sometime with out notice.

You have the case back in your hands and we have called over 10 times and we are always told you will call us back. We can never talk to you directly.

The last Email was sent to mike at AWDMotorsports with 3 pics on July 28th at 5:04pm.

Sorry its come down to a post but this seem to be the only way to get any action out of AWD. I like You guys and have had good dealings in the past. The only reason I am replying with facts is because of the above post saying we did not contact.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been another 6 days now without a response on how to resolve the problem.