Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

SSP Aluminum Under tray

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2011, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSP Aluminum Under tray

About a month ago i was driving in traffic and the car in front of me dodged a cone at the last second. Of course I hit :roll:. I thought it came out cause the car was tracking straight, and i was swerved hard left and right afterwards to see if it was there. i get the turn off for my house which is a little "S" and i decide to rip it and as i cut back after the 1st section I hear pop, i check my side mirror and there's the cone standing up in the middle of the road. FML

I ended up dragging it for ~5miles.

My underbelly was in pieces, the parts covering the oil pan and oil filter were missing and the middle was sagging so low that every time the suspension would travel it would rub the road and be super annoying.

So i finally bit the bullet and got the SSP Aluminum Under tray

Its awesome is all i can say lol pre drilled holes to line up with every factory mounting point. I needed to trim the plastic parts that you keep for perfect fitment and even then 1 bolt hole didn't line up at all. But 1 out of ~30? holes for an aftermarket part isn't that bad lol

It took about 45min to uninstall what was left of my old plastic panels, put this on, and clean everything up. on a difficulty scale of 1-5, 5 being hardest. This is a 1.

Required tools: 10mm socket, Flat & Phillps screw driver and a jack w/ stands.

Next thursday I'm putting the winter tires back on and i'll be all set for some snow and fun the fun time that brings lol

Wanna say thanks to Jeremy and SSP for making an awesome part and super fast shipping. I ordered it on friday the 11th and got it on the 16th and that included a weekend where nothing ever happens lol.

Review:

Last edited by disturbedfan121; Nov 21, 2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 03:35 AM

bump
Old Nov 22, 2011, 04:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats cool!
Old Nov 22, 2011, 05:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
It looks exactly like my BeatRush aluminum under tray! Mine has brake guides etc. though...Congrats & enjoy the 'protection'! Lol.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

I got a question... how is clearance on this undertray for aftermarket FMIC, say compared to Buschur's undertray and what is the price like, + shipping etc?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

The only thing I noticed is that recently I did an oil change/SST fluid change and when I was R&R'ing my under tray I noticed it had a scoop to catch air and direct it towards the SST trans / T-case.

I notice the SSP tray doesn't have this. Is it specific for the GSR model only and if I were to get this would it cause additional heating issues for MR's?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tiggeryellow1
I got a question... how is clearance on this undertray for aftermarket FMIC, say compared to Buschur's undertray and what is the price like, + shipping etc?
Honestly I don't know cause I have a stock front mount, but it should fit fine for any of the direct bolt on ic's it doesn't come anywhere near the intercooler.

I didn't know buschur sold one as well, this was 375+110shipping.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by deanob
The only thing I noticed is that recently I did an oil change/SST fluid change and when I was R&R'ing my under tray I noticed it had a scoop to catch air and direct it towards the SST trans / T-case.

I notice the SSP tray doesn't have this. Is it specific for the GSR model only and if I were to get this would it cause additional heating issues for MR's?
Its not specific to gsr's cause it will fit an Mr, but if ssp chimes in(I think they're on here) maybe there is a reason why there isn't a scoop?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by disturbedfan121
Honestly I don't know cause I have a stock front mount, but it should fit fine for any of the direct bolt on ic's it doesn't come anywhere near the intercooler.

I didn't know buschur sold one as well, this was 375+110shipping.
Yea... that's why I took it there. Buschur makes one because even though his FMIC is a "direct bolt on" you WILL NOT be able to use your stock undertray with it as it's too big (too long top to bottom). Good looking out on comparable price and such though, thanks bro!
Old Nov 23, 2011, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

anytime