Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Topspeed Tuned Atlanta no parts and no refund

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry you're having to go through this.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

what scumbags. hope everything turns out ok, which it will.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:28 PM

thats awful to hear man. i guess i'm one of the lucky ones i ordered my block for my sti from them 2 yrs and got everything that i ordered in a very quick amount of time. I hope everything works out cicio seamed like a straight forward guy when i talked to him over the phone.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:39 PM

Update

The update from today is that the saga continues. I called yesterday afternoon and was told by Cicio this time that he had read my e-mail in the morning (took almost a week?) and that the check was in the mail. He said I would for sure have the check today. He didn't have a tracking number for it though because "UPS hadn't put them out yet." So I didn't have high hopes. As it turns out, I should have had even lower hopes. The check of course didn't show up today.

I will have to call tomorrow I guess and try and figure out why the check didn't come.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would look into small claims, having recently done this myself, the process is not as difficult as you might think. You will need to look into whatever the cap might be in your state (mine was $2500). Go to your court and file the paperwork with the court clerk and pay the fee (this will be added to your claim). Then you will send a copy to the last known address of the defendant (certified mail). They have a certain amount of time to respond. If they fail to respond you can file a motion for default judgement. If they don't respond to that you will see the judge and prove your case (show your paperwork). Once you win that, you can start filing motions for garnishment and seizing assets. At this point is when I would contact a lawyer; As the lawyers I contacted were elated to take on my case considering I had already won a judgement.

Nothing gets you a refund back faster than having a notice posted on your door that the sheriffs will be returning to seize assets and freeze/garnish your bank accounts. It worked for me. Good luck!
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thebluesky
Well, the thread I posted there got taken down. Sorry man.
At one point they were a vendor on here. Be surprised if they aren't anymore. The post getting taken down in IA doesn't surprise me. I think they know the owner.

You've been patient. Hopefully there is a good result.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Posting on EVOA might get you results. They are a vendor on there but unless you are speaking ill of a few different shops you might be able to get some traction.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

I have a fun story about Topspeed that will be in my build thread. I would do what you can to get your money back. Best of luck
Old Feb 6, 2012, 01:10 PM

Top Speed has been notorious in the past with having threads pulled from IA. If it is something bad they have the ability to have it pulled down. It used to happen lot back in the day. One shop back in the day called them out on IA about some stuff and it suddenly the other shop no longer had access to IA and many of the people that used them were removed from IA
Old Feb 8, 2012, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

IA is pretty blatant about that kind of stuff. Bills gotta get paid somehow right.

Its actually kinda funny how biased the local forums are here in Atlanta. You have to know someone who's been in the car thing down here for a while and they can give you the scoop on all the craziness that happens here.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Updates on this?
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Did this get resolved?
Old Feb 18, 2012, 05:43 PM

Dude that is some major BS. Its sad that a shop would do that to you.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 06:43 AM

I'm beginning to think this shop is really overrated. Had two cars worked on by them and wasn't really impressed with their business either time. Extremely expensive and not the greatest work.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 07:54 AM

@ thisisboz... Are they the ones that tuned the lancer?

Quick Reply: Topspeed Tuned Atlanta no parts and no refund