Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Topspeed Tuned Atlanta no parts and no refund

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Topspeed Tuned Atlanta no parts and no refund

Explaining why this is on the evo forums. I own an STI and an Evo X. I am simply posting this hear for the information of anyone who reads it.

This is my situation with Topspeed. I tried to solve it privately but since it seems at this point that I might be just getting screwed out of my hard earned money I should make the info public. Hopefully it helps some people make decisions. This is not a loose cannon post or a hot headed knee jerk response. I gave every opportunity to resolve this without making it known to anyone else.

I ordered a Topspeed SS1 shortblock for my STI last May and paid for it the moment I ordered it. After a couple of weeks I called to check on it and was told that it would be ready and go out soon. I waited patiently for a couple more weeks and then called and was told that it had shipped out. A couple more weeks go by, I call and am told that it must not have shipped out but it also isn't in the shop, they aren't sure where it is but will get it to me as soon as possible. I wait a couple more weeks again and call to cancel my order since they can't seem to get me the product that I ordered.

Sometime in July (I don't remember the exact date) is when I called to cancel my order and was promised a prompt refund. The refund never happened. I started an e-mail train with Cicio (which I still have all of) about my refund and was told numerous times that it was coming. I suggested that maybe if there was a problem refunding the card they could just overnight me a paper check. It was promised multiple times that this was going to happen. Then I sent a more frustrated e-mail and was told that Cicio had a family member pass away. I can understand that, so I said to just sort that out and let me know what the situation was when he got a chance. Weeks go by again. I e-mail and this time was told that due to some sort of international bank theft scam that their bank account was cleared out so they didn't have the money to refund me. This was the last communication that I had from Cicio. The direct quote is below:

“Reed,

I am very very sorry about this. We just had an international customer scam us for over $20k and it has totally depleted our reserve cash. I am in the process of fighting that and building back our bank accounts. Give me a week or so, and I will make this right with you! I have no intention of screwing you or keeping your money I promise you!

I understand your frustrated, I would be too, but I do appreciate you working with us through this, and being as understanding as you have been.

~Cicio
TopSpeed Motorsports”

That E-mail was on November 2nd 2011

I have sent several e-mails since with no reply at all and called the shop several times to be told that Cicio wasn't in. I didn't bother leaving a voicemail because they would be dodged I am sure.

So 9 months after I paid Topspeed Tuned in Atlanta nearly three grand I am still out of the money, my car has been sitting for almost a year not running, and Cicio won't even give me the respect of answering an e-mail.

That is my experience with Topspeed, interpret it however you like.

Cicio, feel free to chime in here. There isn't an ounce of exaggeration, and in an e-mail last summer you even acknowledged that I was being very patient about this but never did anything for me.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:40 PM
Evolving Member

Man, that sucks... I hope you get it resolved soon.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:34 AM

please let us know if this gets resolved. best of luck.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 03:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is there not any kind of legal action you can take here?? that is alot of $$ to get screwed out of
Old Jan 29, 2012, 05:13 AM

Lawyer up. Make an example
Old Jan 29, 2012, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't you just dispute the charge with your credit card company? You have ample proof.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

I agree with the two responses above. Check in to disputing it with your card. If that doesn't work, seek legal council. i would call them and be direct. Tell them they have one week to return your funds in full or you will be going to the courthouse to file a lawsuit and it will be for more than they owed you initially. You should make a demand for payment.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
arent they a vendor on here?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by beetle_orange
I think so. I was going to get a tune from them in the near future.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Reposted this on Import Atlanta. They used to be a sponsor there. Not promising anything, but maybe someone can get you back in contact through there to help you chase down your money.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by beetle_orange
Wrong Topspeed.

Topspeed Tuned is not a vendor here.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Well, the thread I posted there got taken down. Sorry man.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Try evoatlanta.com
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:08 PM

I tried to file a claim through my bank since the purchase was on a debit card. Unfortunately since I waited so long thinking that it would likely get resolved amicably my bank can't go back that far. I already threatened a lawyer and got no response to that either. I was trying to avoid that route but I may be left with that as my last option.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

That sucks man, good luck getting your money back. Sad to say but this type of stuff is happening more often. Lawyer up and I'm sure you'll see the money ASAP

Quick Reply: Topspeed Tuned Atlanta no parts and no refund