Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Ultra Racing rear strut bar cage

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2012, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ultra Racing rear strut bar cage

I was looking for a rear strut bar cage for my evo 9 and since works doesn't make there’s anymore, I wasn't left with much of a choice. It was either GTSPEC one or an ebay one. The GTSPEC I just didn't like the color(light blue) and how there were so many allen screws to connect it. There wasn't much info on the ebay ultra racing one though, only couple reviews but no one with an answer if it fits. So I went ahead and bought one. They have two, one for a evo 4 which does not fit an evo 8,9 obviously, the one that works is the one for the 7,8 or 9. So I paid 150 shipped for it, came in white, so I had it powered coated flat black. The installment is very easy, only part thats sucks is you have to cut the trunk liner so you can get to the rear bolts. And it bolts directly where the rs bar would go, holes match up perfectly but they give you the wrong bolts, which is no big deal, they can be bought at a local hardware store. I can't give reviews yet on how the improvement since my car is off the road for the winter (some winter) but I will report back in a month. Im sure it will help some though.

Here are some pic (also my evo with some new jdm taillights)
Attached Thumbnails Ultra Racing rear strut bar cage-5.jpg   Ultra Racing rear strut bar cage-4.jpg   Ultra Racing rear strut bar cage-3.jpg   Ultra Racing rear strut bar cage-2.jpg   Ultra Racing rear strut bar cage-1.jpg  

Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been running a number of Ultra Racing parts on my car for awhile and have found the quality very good and well priced. I'm running their front strut brace and they even made a custom rear sway bar as the one they offered was too thin. This rear sway bar is now a standard option.