Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Thanks MAP and E-Spec

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks MAP and E-Spec

Just wanted to say thanks to all the people at MAP and E-spec industries for taking care of me during my whole Ef4 build experience. These guys really do put up with alot from me. At Map I always drown Nate in questions and he's always helpful. Mason always kept in contact and Chris Chase...... there's no words for the amount that man has taken care of me. Guy goes so far out of his way to make me happy like he knows me personally mean while we've only talked through email. Great bunch, don't need another parts company outside of them ever honestly.

Story is I decided last minute to do a stock block Ef4 setup and take it to Evo vs sti day March 11th at English town raceway in NJ. Map got me all the accessories I needed very quickly and even the turbo that got delayed unexpectedly they shipped it overnight to me to make sure I would be able to make the event. I got the turbo in the mail by 3pm Friday and finished installing it by midnight then I drove the car over to my tuner Erkle at E-spec inc for a tune at 3am!!. Craziest two days I've had in a long time I tell ya.

This story takes a tune for the worse for a little at this point fortunately. So I got to the track and after a huge delay and late start cause some pretty a$$ supra decided it wanted to burst into flames and spray oil from his sump system all over both lanes, I finally get to the line, stage, launch, cut a 1.80 60ft AND...... Car won't go into 2nd or any other gear aparantly.....

Long story short 85 mile tow and and two days later we find out my clutch disc fused to the flywheel on the launch. My own fault really. That clutch masters fx400 disc isn't meant to be babied and since Nov I haven't used it beyond stop and go traffic. When I preloaded the disc at the line it must have heated up and glazed during the launch and stuck to the flywheel. For once my friends were right. I should have done a practice hole shot launch. It probably would have readied the disc.

In total $1400 dollar day for me and alot of stress but the guys at E-spec inc swooped in and helped me out TREMENDOUSLY. They towed my car home from the track (shout out to Rocko and his Dad for that) and replaced the messed up CM disc with an Act disc which is alot more daily driving friendly. They resurfaced my FW and PP, put in a new TOB and C-clip and now I have my car back and I'm happy again.

Way this car pulls on the Ef4 at 27ps with that 1.8 60ft I would have had 11's. I'm going to make my way back to the track after my wallet heals alittle and put this thing to rest finally. But it's just nice knowing if for some reason something else goes wrong I'm sure both these great companies will be there for me to help out. Thanks again guys!
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

Vid of the fail

http://youtu.be/UtYjBTS3fFY
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:37 PM
Evolving Member

damn phil sorry to hear about that (btw this is scott (thxmommy)) i need a ride once shes at full powahhh...my CMC decided to **** the bed today luckcily in my driveway, but what numbers you make. post it here or send me a pm