Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Very disappointed with AMS!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ian0611
Hey bro! I almost sent you a text the other day just to say hi. Sorry to hear about your experience with AMS. What kind of new goodies did you get? I'm guessing you and I won't be neck and neck at the track anymore
Hey Man! I was thinking about sending you a text too, lol. Finally got some of the same goodies you have; like ic, licp. But mainly trying to go e85, so I got a fuel rail, fuel feed line, fuel pressure regulator kit, and ID 1000s. And a couple small things; shifter base bushings, under hood bushings, and Forge diverter valve.
And you never know as far as the track goes. But my tune is scheduled for the begining of September, first date they had available. So after that definitely hitting the track to see what she'll do!
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Baxtersevo
Hey Man! I was thinking about sending you a text too, lol. Finally got some of the same goodies you have; like ic, licp. But mainly trying to go e85, so I got a fuel rail, fuel feed line, fuel pressure regulator kit, and ID 1000s. And a couple small things; shifter base bushings, under hood bushings, and Forge diverter valve.
And you never know as far as the track goes. But my tune is scheduled for the begining of September, first date they had available. So after that definitely hitting the track to see what she'll do!
Good stuff man!! What IC and LICP did u go with? E85?? You dirtbag!! Jk I just sold off my third set of E85 injectors because I'm still dealing with this slight misfire at idle that gets horribly worse with bigger injectors I've got it narrowed down I think. Just haven't had the time or funds to mess with it. I still gotta get my mani fixed too but I'm hoping to have her ready to go by early September when the weather starts to cool. Looks like we'll be ready to rip around the same time Guess I better get on some E85 by then or I'm gonna be looking at your taillights the whole way down the track.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe they had to many evos from other shops with issues and don't want to deal With the headache??I forgot about the weaver form ,but maybe you guys are right they only want high rollers with gtrs now .lol.Still can't Believe how much thier parts cost for a upper intercooler pipe.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ian0611
Good stuff man!! What IC and LICP did u go with? E85?? You dirtbag!! Jk I just sold off my third set of E85 injectors because I'm still dealing with this slight misfire at idle that gets horribly worse with bigger injectors I've got it narrowed down I think. Just haven't had the time or funds to mess with it. I still gotta get my mani fixed too but I'm hoping to have her ready to go by early September when the weather starts to cool. Looks like we'll be ready to rip around the same time Guess I better get on some E85 by then or I'm gonna be looking at your taillights the whole way down the track.
Lol! I've said I've wanted to go E85 for a long time, just finally doing it now. It's AMS IC and LICP, upper is still stock. Hopefully you can get your issues figured out. So we can tear it up again at the track when the weather cools down a little!
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks! So who's interested in our business right now ? Buschur, MAP, Mellon, anyone else.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 01:26 AM

STM, FIC, ETS, Extreme PSI, few other shops/webstores/vendors out there that love Evo/DSM business.

I've actually run down the strip against an "AMS built/tuned" Evo, was not impressed. I guess the owner wasn't either because it was up for sale about 2 weeks later. Just gonna say this, my stock block A/T DSM walked the evo off the line, had a better ET, and trapped more MPH. Owner claimed to be AMS built, and tuned. Had a lot of AMS parts.

AMS is a business though, I can't blame them for focusing on the GTR and R8 now. Evos were where the money was at for a good long while. Now there are newer/bigger/better things.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 02:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Baxtersevo
Im sure those that can obviously afford a GTR, have a lot more money to put in there cars! Either way, they said they are only tuning cars they build in house. Having the money is one thing, but half of the fun is building it yourself!
very much agree on this i was actually trying to gather the courage to learn to tune a enough to do and e -tune yea that sounds dumb but I'm just scared I'm gonna push the wrong button and boom lol but also really have no idea how to start but i will say theres no greater feeling the going down the track and looking back and saying yup i did that
Old Jul 24, 2012, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Don't they offer remote tuning, That makes absolutely no sense.

Oh well plenty of tuners in your area

GL
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

They didn't say anything about remote tuning.. But as you said there a few other good reputable tuners around here.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Remote tuning is fairly straight forward and makes sense for people who do not have easy access to a good tuner/shop. All you do is enable logging, then e-mail the files. A good tuner can adjust the tables and e-mail it back, then flash and done.

As for AMS and their involvement in the Evo community. It's not a big surprise, in 2009 when I bought my Ralliart they still had products for the 240SX on their site. They have since dropped the 240SX, as they added more products for the RA, Evo X, etc.

They are a one shop operation, it only stands to reason that, as they become more involved in other projects and new cars they just simply can not keep up.

I'm thankful for the stuff they have developed and their impact on the tuning and aftermarket parts industry for Evos.

It is what it is, they are a business. Besides, it's not like they have simply dropped the Evo, like they did the 240SX.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
To the OP I am sorry for what you are going through. We wish we had the resources to tune everyone but right now our workload is severe to say the least.

Due to our current workload we have to look out for our in house customers first. Delivering not only a strong car but one in a reasonable time frame is important. At the current time taking in outside cars simply isn't an option. We have to make sure those customers that are paying for our labor and tuning are taken care of first. Hopefully in the fall or winter this will change but for now we simply cannot bring anymore outside tuning. Please don't take this personally or think we are abandoning anyone, it is merely just a business decision due to lack of resources.

For those in the IL area that need a tune Devin at Boostin is a great option. We have also heard customers that have been happy with Strictly Modified.

Once the schedule starts to free up a bit we will open up the opportunity again. I will keep everyone posted. Thank you for understanding

Eric
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

I was going to say, when is the vendor going to pop on this thread lol
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by khmerguyx
I was going to say, when is the vendor going to pop on this thread lol
lol I wasn't kidding when I said we were busy. It's a whirlwind here right now

Eric
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
To the OP I am sorry for what you are going through. We wish we had the resources to tune everyone but right now our workload is severe to say the least.

Due to our current workload we have to look out for our in house customers first. Delivering not only a strong car but one in a reasonable time frame is important. At the current time taking in outside cars simply isn't an option. We have to make sure those customers that are paying for our labor and tuning are taken care of first. Hopefully in the fall or winter this will change but for now we simply cannot bring anymore outside tuning. Please don't take this personally or think we are abandoning anyone, it is merely just a business decision due to lack of resources.

For those in the IL area that need a tune Devin at Boostin is a great option. We have also heard customers that have been happy with Strictly Modified.

Once the schedule starts to free up a bit we will open up the opportunity again. I will keep everyone posted. Thank you for understanding

Eric
Hire another tuner, get another dyno.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by project_skyline
Hire another tuner, get another dyno.
Open another shop, maybe in Texas.

Quick Reply: Very disappointed with AMS!