Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Very disappointed with AMS!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:30 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You wont be disappointed with Devin and boostin performance he built my car ands its nasty..
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm honestly disappointed in the response from AMS on this thread...
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

Honestly disapointed their techs don't have six arms each and a cloning machine to make more gun tuners?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

go with kunizze dial in. he's local as well
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by STIKiller4G63
Hopefully you guys change this in the near future...you guys make amazing performance modds and have done a lot for the evo community
We really do appreciate your support!

As Eric stated, once we free up in the future we will re-open the opportunity for tuning again but right now we have too much on our plate to accommodate everyone's tuning needs unfortunately.

Last edited by Andrew@AMS; Jul 31, 2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew@AMS

As Eric stated, once we free up in the future we will re-open the opportunity for tuning again but right now we have too much on our plate to accommodate everyone's tuning needs unfortunately.
I sure hope so, not many proefi tuners around.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew@AMS

I know it's probably not the business of the community to know but I'm going to ask anyway... What do you guys have going on right that won't be happening in the future that makes you think will be able to offer tuning again soon? Is it just a temporary spike in business? Otherwise, wouldn't it make some sense to hire another tuner so that you can continue to serve the community??
Old Aug 3, 2012, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blue91lx
Clearly they're not concerned about you getting a tune elsewhere if they refused to tune it .

I bet they will be concerned when they lose customers who spend thousands on their products go elsewhere.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 04:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Baxtersevo
Up until now AMS has always been good to me. With good parts and the records to stand behind them, this why I have purchased almost all of my parts from them. And have had them tune my car as well. So recently I purchased some more parts from them through a local shop and when ordering the parts it was specifically mentioned that we would want them to tune it when it was done and asked for at least a note to be added to our order. Now after installing the parts, called them up to finalize the tune date and they have changed there policy since ordering the parts and no longer do outside tuning. They only tune the cars that they build in house. So even though we asked for a tune when we order the parts, weeks before they changed there policy, they won't tune the car. Which is shady business and poor customer service in my opinion! Needless to say I will be taking my business else where and to a more service friendly tuner. Sad to see that AMS has changed so much in the wrong direction.*
I don't see much wrong with this as I routinely turn down cars that are built elsewhere if i am either too busy with inhouse stuff or I am uncomfortable with the way the car was built.
Nothing personal directed at you but there are alot of times that cars come here that were built elsewhere and the stuff turns out to be a waste of our time more than anything else, and the kicker is you get blamed afterwards when something you have nothing to do with went wrong. So it's easy just don't get involved.
I am not saying that is the case with AMS but businesses sometimes have to make decisions that suit them.

Sean
Old Aug 3, 2012, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Chef-j
AMS is now more GTR shop. Spend your money to who cares about your evo and support rest of evo shops.
Sounds like this is the word.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 04:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mistaken
Sounds like this is the word.
I Don't agree based on the fact that they are stilll engineering products for evos and we still sell a ton of AMS evo parts.
They can only do what the market allows.

Sean
Old Aug 4, 2012, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by itsmrrizz2you
Evos put there shop on the map and now there more into gtrs it's all a money thing.

As with any business its all a MONEY thing. There is probably more money in the GTR scene so thats where they decide to focus. A great example, and since I am into Toyotas as well, is the Toyota model.

If you look back into their late 80s to early 90s they really catered to the enthusiasts. They were into rally, Formula 1, Formula Atlantic. They spent gobs of money in their racing program. Their TRD catalog actually had performance parts and even hints on how to mod their vane air flow sensor for extra power. Fast forward a decade, the TRD catalog is all shiny accessories. They now see money is into hybrids and the scion scene, and Nascar. Now they are all about going green, and building hybrids because thats where the money is at, not with the racing enthusiast. Back in the day just about everything was either supercharged or turbocharged in their line, now its all going to be battery powered. It was a joke in the toyota scene that for a while their fastest vehicle in their line up was a truck.. I think the FRS might be now. Rant off...
Old Aug 4, 2012, 08:50 AM
Account Disabled

ams is the only shop who been helping me when i need the parts fast
Old Aug 4, 2012, 08:53 AM
Account Disabled

you are 100% right , if something happen on dyne ppl will say he blew my engine but they not going to think who did the work before ,thats why ams is telling ppl this ,
Old Aug 26, 2012, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
Its not that easy. Tuners and GOOD tuners more importantly are very hard to come by. Knowing how to work tuning software and having a great grasp of engine theory are two very very different things.

We already have two dyno's and no more room to put a third. I understand this upsets you and we are sure you will not be alone but sadly we just don't have any other options at this time. The best thing we can do right now is tell people up front that we cannot take them in rather then say we can and pile up cars to upset all of our customers. My sincerest apologies on the recent chain of events. I hope you can get your car taken care of very quickly and we really appreciate your support up to this point. Sadly we are at a time in our company history where we just cant make everyone happy.

Eric
I am sorry but this is not a professional way of responding to the community that actually got your business "booming"....just my .02 cents. Looking at that statement tells me that you cannot handle the busy load.
Btw always respected AMS for having real engineers develop their parts, and do real R&D before selling a part.

Quick Reply: Very disappointed with AMS!