Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Very disappointed with AMS!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by erald01
I am sorry but this is not a professional way of responding to the community that actually got your business "booming"....just my .02 cents. Looking at that statement tells me that you cannot handle the busy load.
Btw always respected AMS for having real engineers develop their parts, and do real R&D before selling a part.
I am sure they can handle any busy load. They have 30+ employees that work there. I am also sure that no other shop of this caliber has anywhere near the amount of employees working for them.

Times change and you have to change with them. They didnt forget who helped them become successful, but people have to understand that they are working on a lot of different platforms now.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by brakeboost980
They Won't tune it because ,if the car wasn't but toghter correctly they don't won't to be responsible for your car ..That's smart business to me .
If you're sucking on their *** then sure, you can say that. But the truth as we all know is this. "Doesn't matter who tunes your car, if it blows up, its still the owners fault".

AMS simply doesn't care about evo's anymore, since there is a lot more money to be made on high end/exotic cars, clearly. So them loosing couple hundred on a tune is nothing, when they'll make triple that if not way more by selling an item for a gtr.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.thatvideomagazine.com/new...nny-ten-racing

Check that out, a look from the other side.

Sean
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
^^ LOL. I just watched that whole video. It's an interesting view for sure.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean@Iveytune

Sean
I remember his name from 350z forum. But his vid nothing but saying crap or complain to people. I didnt finish it all vid, but he sounds more like he is pissed at some of his customers.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Plus he dont want anyone to call him!!!
Old Aug 31, 2012, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sean@Iveytune

Sean
Interesting video but I'm not real sure what it has to do with the OP and his original complaint. The OP was trying to do the "right" thing by going to a "professional" shop, buying their qaulity parts, and then was denied when he called back for a "professional" tune. Personally, that's not the kind of service I would expect from a company that is supposed to be a respected leader in this industry.

Last edited by Ian0611; Sep 1, 2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ian0611
Interesting video but I'm not real sure what it has to do with the OP and his original complaint. The OP was trying to do the "right" thing by going to a "professional" shop, buying their qaulity parts, and then was denied when he called back for a "professional" tune. Personally, that's not the kind of service I would expect from a company that is supposed to be a repsected leader in this industry.
Thank you, exactly my point!
Old Sep 5, 2012, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Hey bro look!!
http://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-...3/#post3288260

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/we...tune-year.html

I found a way for you to get your car tuned by AMS... You just need to figure out how to get it to Hawaii by November!!

Last edited by Ian0611; Sep 5, 2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Baxtersevo
... and when ordering the parts it was specifically mentioned that we would want them to tune it and asked for at least a note to be added to our order...
I feel you my evo-brotherin. But about this 'note', was it ever written anywhere (document-wise). You're entering deep waters if it ever was; legal-wise I mean. If there was an agreed-upon written statement, as a law guy, this is a clear breach of contract case.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

All you guys saying ams doesn't care about evo's ect! Grow up and get off the bandwagon of talking crap just to do it! Ams has done allot for this community and probably spent the most out of pocket money on testing and producing parts. All the expensive equipment needed to do these tests and make these parts. Ams has came a long way as a performance company. If they wanted to they could easily cut the evo program and not be effected at all. But they chose to instead only sell quality parts and damn right they should cost more than a used stock crank, off te shelf pistons and rods, and put together by lord knows who. FYI! Ams is working with a very exotic/supercar manufacturer in producing factory cars with there twist and name on it. Hint f1! Ams also has there own software arctype for euro cars which with just a tune is destroying power made by renntech and other Benz tuning companies. And also I have no ams parts on my car at all! I'm only speaking truth! True story bro!
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by houdini_678
I feel you my evo-brotherin. But about this 'note', was it ever written anywhere (document-wise). You're entering deep waters if it ever was; legal-wise I mean. If there was an agreed-upon written statement, as a law guy, this is a clear breach of contract case.
Of course you are from NoVA threatening legal action for such a heinous crime. Makes me so proud to live here...

Go back and read the OP law guy. OP stated he ordered the parts through a local shop, not directly from AMS. How can another shop (not AMS) promise something AMS will do?

JFC... this entire thread is asinine.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sbadlove
Of course you are from NoVA threatening legal action for such a heinous crime. Makes me so proud to live here...

Go back and read the OP law guy. OP stated he ordered the parts through a local shop, not directly from AMS. How can another shop (not AMS) promise something AMS will do?

JFC... this entire thread is asinine.
The fact that people are defending AMS and commenting without knowing all of the facts is even more asinine!
Old Sep 6, 2012, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

AMS is a very professional business and has some of the best mechanics in the world, including one of the best tuners in the world. It is very smart of them to actually not want to tune full engine builds that were not built in shop. There is a lot of guess work involved with an engine that is not built buy them if one runs into issues. I am guilty of this by far and would have been better off having them build an engine than having a local machine shop build it and then end up with issues in the end. They now have to go out of their way to figure out an issue before they can even tune it properly. I am very grateful to have my car at one of the best shops in the country which has one of the best staffs in the country as well! But I will agree with one aspect that it is not right for a small shop to promise a customer that another shop will tune their car.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jrblackSE
AMS is a very professional business and has some of the best mechanics in the world, including one of the best tuners in the world. It is very smart of them to actually not want to tune full engine builds that were not built in shop.
That makes sense if that actually was and always had been their policy all along, but that's not the case. They have a tuning trip for Hawaii scheduled in November for a bunch of cars that they didn't build. IMO, it's extremely unprofessional to tell the OP that they would tune his car when he bought parts from them, then, after the OP got his parts installed, they turn around and tell him they won't tune his car because they didn't build it, but yet they're going to Hawaii in Nov. to tune a bunch of cars that they didn't build

Sorry man but not only does that not make sense. it's also very unprofessional.

Originally Posted by jrblackSE
But I will agree with one aspect that it is not right for a small shop to promise a customer that another shop will tune their car.
That's not exactly what happened but I'll let the OP chime in to straighten that out.

Quick Reply: Very disappointed with AMS!