Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

More Phenomenal work from Justin @ Detective Coatings!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking More Phenomenal work from Justin @ Detective Coatings!

Throughout my build I was searching for someone trustworthy and skilled enough to take care of all my powder coating needs. I came across Justins powder coating and began explaining to him what I was looking for. After chatting for a bit I felt confident that he knew exactly what I was looking for.

I previously had my valve cover coated by a local shop which missed spots/oversprayed and the color dident even match the car, it was just a bad experience. So Justin redid it and it came out damn near spot on using a silver metallic base then a blue topped with clear!

(First round of coating)

Now onto my most recent experience with Justin. I sent him out my Boostin fab'd intercooler piping to get coated in wrinkle black and my ccw centers to get redone in flat black. Decided to go with the wrinkle coating on the piping because I am not much of the flashy type, also I do not feel like cleaning them on a regular. About a week goes by and Justin contacts me letting me know the parts are all wrapped up and ready to be shipped out!

There is nothing better than coming home to car parts let me tell you! Upon opening the first box each ccw center was thickly wrapped individually in bubble wrap and packing film. As well as the intercooler piping.

What do we have here?

The masking on the wheels is perfect insuring the ccw lips will still fit correctly.

Now just a teaser until they are completely assembled and mounted with sticky tires

Overall I am extremely pleased with the communication, quality of work and craftsmanship and quick turnaround that Justin provides. Anyone that is debating where to send your parts to get coated look no farther! -Jason
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

He did a great job man! The intercooling piping and rims came out flawless. I am really liking the flat black for the centers What tires you planning to put on these again?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
He did a great job man! The intercooling piping and rims came out flawless. I am really liking the flat black for the centers What tires you planning to put on these again?
Thanks bud! Either new nitto 555r drag radials or Mickey Thompson et streets.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks a ton Jason! It's been an absolute pleasure working with you. Thanks for all of the pictures and taking your time out to make this review for me!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AngryEvo8
Thanks bud! Either new nitto 555r drag radials or Mickey Thompson et streets.
With the Nitto's or the ET Streets, the car is going to look sick with them on there. Cant wait to see them mounted on the car
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Fully assembled!

Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

oh wow, these are yours? i just seen this pic on FB
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Oh ya Do you have any pictures of the ugly purple that was on them?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Looks great!
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Those rims look so sweet !!! and Gangsta at the same time!!!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys! Also I do not have any pics before they were coated, wish I did. They were in need of much needed tlc when I got them...but I took care of that

Here are some before and after pics

Once I got the tires off no wonder they wouldn't hold air...fantastic rtv job...

Polishing the outer lips

I will post up a pic with them mounted with tires later.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Detective Coating
Oh ya Do you have any pictures of the ugly purple that was on them?
I had these CCWs awhile back before Jason bought them from someone. I have plenty of pics of them. The purple was a candy purple. I didnt get them coated, the guy I bought them from had it done that color. I def wouldnt say the purple was "ugly" I got compliments everywhere I went with them but to each there own The flat black came out great though!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
I had these CCWs awhile back before Jason bought them from someone. I have plenty of pics of them. The purple was a candy purple. I didnt get them coated, the guy I bought them from had it done that color. I def wouldnt say the purple was "ugly" I got compliments everywhere I went with them but to each there own The flat black came out great though!
When I received them they were rough and whoever did coat them put the powder on super thick and didn't even use a chrome basecoat which is required for candies so they likely coated over the polishing which is why it was so heavy. Not your fault they were like that at all though!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Detective Coating
When I received them they were rough and whoever did coat them put the powder on super thick and didn't even use a chrome basecoat which is required for candies so they likely coated over the polishing which is why it was so heavy. Not your fault they were like that at all though!
Yea I didnt buy them brand new. The guy I bought them from, got them used from somebody then had them re-done. I dont know anything about powder coating lol but I remember when Jason took them apart they were rough. But they came out great, you did an awesome job man. Im looking forward to seeing them on Jasons car

Quick Reply: More Phenomenal work from Justin @ Detective Coatings!