Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Alsa Paint Wrap

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by blowngasket
and this stuff is $200 a GALLON, wow.
No matter what the product, there's always at least one idiot out there who will buy it...
Old Mar 1, 2013, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am the original poster, so just to clear a few things up...

We tried Alsa beacuse it was water based, and therefore no VOC's to contend with while spraying in our garage. We did not buy it by the gallon, but in the "Killer Cans" and only used it to coat the rims, mirrors and badges. It went on great, but as I said cracked, peeled and fell off.

And Gary (from Alsa), you can talk to your co-worker Jesse, as I spoke to him, or you can talk to Mr Banoun (I am sure you know him, he is the company president). I sent him a detailed email - including pictures of what happened - explaining my dissatisfaction with both the product and the lack of customer service when I called regarding our experience with the product. I am sure he can explain the situation to you. They have my contact information if you'd ike to talk.

Not only did the product not perform as anticipated or advertised, no one was able to explain why it may have happened (one tech told me that the peeling was "the nature of the product") and I was offered refund for any unused product. Unfortunately for us, we used them all.

We're going to respray them with Plasti Dip when it gets warmer.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

There comes a point and time when bad reviews online or just bad publicity in general is worth it. By cutting your losses and giving the guy his money back to have him stop bad mouthing your company may be worth it....It's a customer service thing regardless of what happened....Just sayin.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kracka
No matter what the product, there's always at least one idiot out there who will buy it...

There must lots of them because I see lots of subarus out on the road.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Gary at ALSA
Greetings...

We do not really think of this material as competing with PD...they are solvent based, and very limited colors.
We are water based, have tons of colors, and even a few special effects like Glow in the Dark, Prizmatics, and Metalics.

Not to mention PD looks kinda cheesy. In my humble opinion.
I know many will disagree. Thats just MY opinion. It looks like plastic. Thus the name I imagine...

Our material is all nice matte pastels, and looks 10 times better.
It is priced higher than PD that is true, but again, we are not really competing with that market.
Apples and oranges there, frankly.

Gary P - ALSA
Your apparently not very educated on Plasti dip then. It's application looks cheesy when not installed properly (apparently similarly to how your product cracks and peels with an improper install). Plasti dip has a color creation kit so that you can mix any color you, the possibilities are literally endless with that. On top of that Plasti dip also has three different metallic coats that can be applied, a pearl coat, and gloss. On top of that they have many different colors that are already setup and ready to go.

So before you go about discrediting a product that in most people's eyes in this forum IS a competitor with your product, please at least do your research so you can make educated claims.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by RotorGlowGTS
Your apparently not very educated on Plasti dip then. It's application looks cheesy when not installed properly (apparently similarly to how your product cracks and peels with an improper install). Plasti dip has a color creation kit so that you can mix any color you, the possibilities are literally endless with that. On top of that Plasti dip also has three different metallic coats that can be applied, a pearl coat, and gloss. On top of that they have many different colors that are already setup and ready to go.

So before you go about discrediting a product that in most people's eyes in this forum IS a competitor with your product, please at least do your research so you can make educated claims.
I agree with you anyone in this market is going to compare your product 100% to other products on the market of it's kind.

So to say you are not competing with that market is well, silly. Both are spray on "wraps" that will change the color of what it is being applied to and peel off leaving the surface below unharmed.

Apples to Apples if you ask me.

I'm not down talking your product, I have never used it. Though in the little research I cared to do it does appear to not be as forgiving to work with.

Hell Ive applied plasti-dip with temps in the teens. Just gotta keep the cans warm or it'll start to spatter
Old Mar 3, 2013, 09:19 AM

Just another notation here, not only have I done considerable body work and painting (I worked as a tech in an autobody shop years ago, and since then have painted everything from body parts to complete vehicles in the spray booth we set up in my garage). Most importantly I followed the manufacturer's recommended specifications regarding paint / prep.

Obviously I am disappointed in the results, but it was the lack of customer service that was a deciding factor in my posting on the product/service.