Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Alsa Paint Wrap

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Alsa Paint Wrap

Hi All, new to the forum but joined because I wanted to give everyone a heads up. In December we bought some matte black Alsa Corp paint wrap for my wheels, mirrors and Mistsu badge on the Evo. Followed their directions and even kept the car in a heated garage for 2 1/2 weeks after painting it while we did a little engine work. The paint wrap looked great. Two days after getting it back on the road, the paint wrap was cracking, peeling and falling off. I called the company and their customer service sucked. They had no idea why it happened- even told me that it was the nature of the product. Long and painful story short, the company wouldn't return my calls, and when I emailed , the reply was that they had offered to reimburse me for any unused paint that I shipped back - of course I had used it to paint the car. So no explanation why it happened, and absolutely no attempt to make it right.

Just my experience, but sure don't want anyone to go through what I did.

If anyone has any questions about it - let me know before you buy !
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:50 PM

Hello All
Just wanted to post a reply to the above...

This material is a water based latex material, desinged to be peeled of as a film. It is not a standard paint in that regard, and will act a lot differently than a urethane.

While we have no way of knowing exactly what occured in your specific situation, we can report that this material is being used sucessfully in some rather tough conditions, including pro race cars, as seen here.

ALSA warranties the materials against defective product., but we cannot warranty the application of it, as conditions vary wildly in the real world. Having said that, please feel free to call us, and we can replace this material for you, if you want to re-shoot the car. I do not know who you spoke with, but I can have it replaced if you like. Ask for Gary.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
haha first guy signed up to complain, second guy signed up to defend. Great way to get members
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

^ lmfao that is hilarious
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
So sad when people start complaining about "plasti-dip".
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why not just do regular 3M or Hexis Vinyl wrap? Its pretty easy to apply, with the proper tools and pretty cheap and it lasts if you take care of it.

and this stuff is $200 a GALLON, wow.

Last edited by blowngasket; Feb 28, 2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Wow, rip-off much? haha!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

smh!!!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ev0ikon
So sad when people start complaining about "plasti-dip".
If this stuff really is $200 a gallon then that is crazy. Plasti dip is $58 a gallon. Plasti dip is also an awesome product!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

it does come with a 1/2G base coat and 1/2 Gallon top coat for $200 thou, but you need that... and it says it takes 2 gallons to do a small car, The effect paint is $299 A GALLON!!!!! wow, i could get Dupont paint cheaper and that will LAST! The Prizm Paint is 699 a GALLON!!! YEAH RIGHT!

http://www.alsacorp.com/paint_wrap/paint_wrap.html
Old Feb 28, 2013, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Interesting stuff.

What I am wondering is how did this company know the OP was gonna create an account on evom to bash them?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

^^^^ that is weird! Coincidence ? I don't think so.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by RotorGlowGTS
If this stuff really is $200 a gallon then that is crazy. Plasti dip is $58 a gallon. Plasti dip is also an awesome product!
This.

The product mentioned in this thread is not Plasti-Dip and agree Plasti-Dip being a tried and true product that works.

I've used it many times with great success. Looking forward to finally doing a whole car
Old Mar 1, 2013, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Gary at ALSA
ALSA warranties the materials against defective product., but we cannot warranty the application of it, as conditions vary wildly in the real world.
I mean - i get what they're saying here, but in this situation, how would you determine a defect pre-application? Unless there were some serious indicators once you pop the gallon open.

Not that they should be entirely on the hook, but at least meet in the middle somewhere

Last edited by Ace King; Mar 1, 2013 at 06:16 AM. Reason: i make spelling mistakes!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 09:23 AM

Greetings...

We do not really think of this material as competing with PD...they are solvent based, and very limited colors.
We are water based, have tons of colors, and even a few special effects like Glow in the Dark, Prizmatics, and Metalics.

Not to mention PD looks kinda cheesy. In my humble opinion.
I know many will disagree. Thats just MY opinion. It looks like plastic. Thus the name I imagine...

Our material is all nice matte pastels, and looks 10 times better.
It is priced higher than PD that is true, but again, we are not really competing with that market.
Apples and oranges there, frankly.

Gary P - ALSA

Last edited by Gary at ALSA; Mar 1, 2013 at 09:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Alsa Paint Wrap