Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Flossy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Flossy

I believe that this story should be shared to the members of this forum, mainly because of the length of it and also because you all deserve to know because theres still an active thread for this "Vendor"

Oct 2012:
I sent a PM to Flossy on this forum and the other one about ordering a shift knob. No answer

I sent an email to flossy about ordering a shift knob. No Answer

I sent a message on facebook about ordering a shift knob. No Answer

Follow on instagram, they like my pix, but dont answer questions.

On a Friday night:
Finally I call the number on website to see if I can even talk to someone. No Answer
-But I did leave a very convincing "I want to order a shift knob today" voicemail. I get a call back a few hours later and talk to Chad. Very nice guy to talk to. We toss around a couple of ideas and decide on the shape an color, I just wanted to think/find a design for the top of the shift knob. He tells me to email him what i decide. I tell him that he's not to keen on answering emails or messages of any kind, and he tells me to mark the subject like to get his attention. I tell him I will be emailing him on Monday with my order

Monday:
Send chad an email with my order with something that will grab his attention in the subject line as told.

Weeks go by and still no answer even after leaving voicemails.

Black Friday Nov 2012:
I see flossy post a pictures on instagram of their black friday special. I post on the pictures asking how can one order one of these shift knobs if they dont answer the messages. I was told to call their number. I did, No Answer again. After remembering my last little trick of getting in touch with them, I left a very convincing "I want to order a shift knob today" voicemail. Low an behold, within 5mins I got a phonecall from Chad again. I told him that I've actually talked to him before, ( attempted to remind him of the previous conversation back in Oct.) and that I've decided on my order. Lime green Grip Rod with evo x shift pattern. I wanted to talk to him personally to make sure that my order was placed correctly. However, Chad told me to place an order for a white grip rod and when the confirmation email comes through, reply with my "custom order." I did, and no replay saying that the "custom order" was received.

A couple weeks later:
I have the tracking number and know when it's coming in. The whole time I'm thinking, I bet i get sent the white one. It gets here, I open it up,...its the white one, no shift pattern. Fairly frustrated, but expected, at this point I call Chad. No Answer. I remembered my little trick of the convincing voicemail and I get a return call a short while later. I tell him what my order was, he remembers, and tells me, that he's sorry, he did get my order and knows it was getting made, he'll just send it out when its done.

Christmas comes and goes and I understand that could cause some shipping delay (if an item was shipped)

Jan 4th 2013:
I send an urgent email to Chad asking about my order threatening to dispute the charges if I don't get answer from him about my order. In Flossy fashion, Chad replies right away saying that they were held up with paint and that it will get shipped out this weekend

Two Weeks Later Jan 15th 2013:
Send another urgent email wondering where my shift knob is. No Answer

1 week passes Jan 21st 2013:

I send another urgent email telling him to cancel my order and refund me. Again No Answer.

A few days later:
I contact my bank, which helps me contact paypal to start a dispute. Long story short, they said they would make a dispute case and offer Chad 10 days to respond, if he doesn't respond, then I will be refunded. Well im sure you can guess that he didn't respond and I was refunded via paypal.

I normally don't like to publicly bash companys/vendors, but I know I'm not the only one in flossy's case. Look at the last page of their thread:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...bs-here-4.html

I wish I could have warned some other users from dealing with them months ago, but i needed to see how the whole ordeal played out before i wrote this. Its been a long 4 months waiting for a shift knob. Speaking with Chad, he's a nice guy and it seems like he has good intentions, but sorry bro, you just dont run the business properly. If you are as busy as you say you are with 100s of orders a day, Hire someone, you obviously can not handle it by yourself. I hope Flossy can someday meet the needs of its customers, but till then, I personally dont think they should have a thread in a vendor section if this is how they treat customers and other members.

Last edited by Slay0r; Feb 7, 2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Nicely explained. Makes you appreciate those on-line vendors that really do the job right!!!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear this happened to you! I almost went with them but glad I didn't.

I just picked up a sweet wrinkle black weighted knob from Moddiction! Great price too! Great communication and he returned my call on a weekend and honored a discount not applied when checking out online.

Glad you got your $$ back!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Not sure what happened with these guys.

I got my Flossy Shift Knob and their customer service was awesome.

They are no longer an EvoM sponsor.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Yeh as it turns out, they got banned from -the other evo site- because of their repeated poor customer service

Last edited by Slay0r; Feb 7, 2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

I had a similar experience with these guys and although the shift knob is a good product I just bought a shift knob from Blox(cheaper)and I like it alot better. Ive been thinking of selling the flossy grip rod redhead that I have.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...s-service.html