Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

mitsubishiparts.net

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2013, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down mitsubishiparts.net

Anyone reading this please direct russel or anyone whho works with mitsubishiparts.net to this thread.

I would like to start by saying my previous purchases from these guys has been fabulous. Until now. I ordered a mitsubishi jdm evo ix WW rear from here in february. I waited patiently only calling once to see why they hadnt taken my payment yet.

Well today the wait was over. I get a call from my girlfriend saying it had arrived. Im super excited and then she breaks some horrifying news. It wasnt shipped in a box, just bubble wrap. Im thinking wtf, why would anyone ship anything in just bubble wrap. Especially something thats $600+. Well i hurry home from work, and sure enough it was not in a box. I thought maybe a miracle was in store and some generous fed ex people were extra careful with it since it came from japan and didnt have a box... or did it at one point? I was mistaken. There will always be careless people at any job and it seems shipping people dont give a flying (fill in blank) about anything. I will start by saying being shipped in bubble wrap would have been better. It couldnt be called bubble wrap, just the foam like padding they wrap things with is what it was shipped in.

Needless to say their is a huge and i mean HUGE dent above the exhaust about an inch completelt up to where it curves to the tail light. I can tell in one part it is warped... beyond being able to be popped out.

I immediately took pics and called mitsubishiparts.net and got ahold of russel. He listens to me explains and says ill put you through to the shipping department they will have to handle it. All i get is voicemail. I leave my one and only nice message and this too will serve as my nice message. Someone better be on this first thing tomorrow and i will not pay to ship this back. Mitsubishiparts should be held responsible for all charges and replacing of this bumper since it was their neglectfullness that caused this. Who ships things without a box? I expected russel to immediately jump all over this case guess i was wrong. I will post pics of the damage shortly.

Someone please direct anyone who works for mitsubishiparts to this thread so we can resolve this issue.
Old May 3, 2013, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
They are no longer a vendor here IIRC. Not that Russell won't try to help but not sure any mod assistance can be had here.

Do they drop ship the bumpers or are they shipped from their facility?

either way good luck on getting it exchanged or your money back man
Old May 3, 2013, 06:56 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As stated above, due to the fact that they are no longer a vendor, I'm not sure there is anything we can do for you. Russell is a good guy and I would imagine he would make this right.

Did whomever accepted the package and signed for it list that the condition in which it was received? Or at least have some proof of how it was "packed" and that it arrived damaged? That will help you tremendously in dealing with Mitsubishiparts.net.
Old May 3, 2013, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Yes it was noted and pictures taken. I didnt know they werent vendors anymore but hopefully russel sees this and attempts to make it right. Here is the latest info on this matter.

Just got off the phone with mitsubishiparts.net. im going to start using names so no one has to deal with crap like this. Russel was a bit more concerned this time and put me through to some other guy. I didnt catch his name.after explaining the situation he put me in contact with a woman named dorothy. She said i could exchange it but they are out of stock and do not know when another shipment will be... figures. She then said my next option is to fix itand have a body shop quote sent over but usually they only rrefund 150 to $200. Im pretty sure this will be more than 200 dollars worth of damage i explained and then said so if thats the option you want me to take i will but i will have to be reimburesed for the repair cost in full. Didnt seem like she liked that too much and again explained i could return it and wait who knows how long. Thats no longer an option to me i explained im not waiting anymore so ill go to a body shop and email you guys a quote, and if you cant reimburse me in full on the body shop charges something will have to be done to ship this bumper back and my money refunded in full. She also made the remark that the bumpers came from japan in nothing but that same "bubble wrap". Well this lets me know if thats a true statement they dont check their orders for damage before shipping which is neglectful on their part since if it was damaged on the boat and they inspected it this could have been avoided. Hopefully they may see this and the other threads i have made and work a little faster to resolve this since it seems to me they arent trying to hard. I shouldnt have to put this bumper in a body shop before it ever goes on the car. Now this bumper will have bondo possibly and a weak spot in the plastic. Next step after contacting body shop and seeing what they say after they get a high quote will be thurston county district court for a notice of small claims.

Last edited by awdordie; May 3, 2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old May 3, 2013, 04:01 PM
EvoM Community Team

She's telling a half-truth about the bumper arriving from Japan that way. The factory puts the bumpers in the foam wrapping and does not individually box them But, they do stack about 5-7 of them together and places them in one big box

Either way, they should have known better then to send a bumper with only foam wrap on it. I'm surprised UPS/Fedex even accepted the package. Typically they won't accept those packages unless they are boxed up because they are bound to get damaged.
Old May 3, 2013, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

So the fact she also made the statement if i wanted to exchange it and have them box it up it may take 6 months to get a box big enough to fit it in was a lie too? Get outta here lol. I knew that mitsubishi wouldnt be dumb enough to ship them without a box. If i ship it back for a refund you can bet ill return the favor of the no box, and i wont even be gracious enough to wrap foam wrap around it. Ill just tape a layer of newspaper to it and they can hope and pray it reaches them in one piece. Another member on here had the same problem come to find out except his didnt get dented it got scratched up and according to him they gave him the same go around and the bumper had to be re sprayed. Mine will have to be bondoed in two or three spots and then re sprayed. I already know it will be more than $200.

Last edited by awdordie; May 3, 2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old May 6, 2013, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought one also and it ended up having three big chips in it. Same deal though,no box just wrapping.
Old May 6, 2013, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad I picked mine up in person from them!
Old May 6, 2013, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm planing on getting one maybe better to go threw driveline from the looks of it
Old May 6, 2013, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

i bought mine from them two years ago ww as well and it came shipped in thin wrap but a box as well i am going to assume whatever shipping company they used damaged the box then dident want to deliver it that way good luck in getting it sorted.
Old May 6, 2013, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

No i have talked to Dorothy, and she flat out said thats how they are shipped from mitsubishi japan (a lie) and how they are shipping them out.
Old May 7, 2013, 01:13 AM

Im just waiting on those pics you promised...
Old May 7, 2013, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
I order these OEM/JDM Rear IX Bumpers all the time in bulk. It's true that they only come with a 'foam wrap' and not an individual box(es) as you state. This is why I won't ship them. I do alot of local business and that's it. I meet with my customer and we pull back the big 'foam envelope' that they are in and inspect them right away as I am always worried about any damage. Everytime I place a JDM bumper order, I get them in 6-8 weeks.

Being that Mitsubishiparts.net sells so many of these bumpers, it would be worth it for them to invest in a 'ready made box' for all their customers! Good luck and I hope this gets resolved in your favor!!
Old May 14, 2013, 12:07 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I gave up trying to deal with them, it was a mess.
Old May 14, 2013, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
^ then they won.... Some companies make it so hard to get a replacement in an effort to get you to give up... That is just lost hard earned money, unless the money was just given to you, you should fight for it