Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Need your opinion please read(Atlantic Motor Sports MD)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2013, 02:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need your opinion please read(Atlantic Motor Sports MD)

So below I pasted my emails from me and cory at AMS in gaithersburg, MD

I just would like to know if i am wrong. I am pretty understanding and patient but all he will say is it's all my fault. So i'm confused how would you guys deal with this situation?

Thanks for your help
Old Jun 8, 2013, 06:15 AM

I just wanted to speak with you about some issues I have. I am not one who complains often and I understand mistakes happen but I have spent just under 8000.00 on my car at you're shop. I will start with the first visit when I had a fuel pump, cams, and a wideband installed. It took me 3 days to get a hold of someone to talk to about getting the work done even though I left a message each day. Once I got a hold of someone which was mason I told him what I wanted done and asked what all was necessary to get everything installed and tuned. I ordered everything but the fuel pump through him but then I show up and you look at it for 2 seconds and point out immediately that my BOV will not work that's only 100.00 so no big deal. After all was said and done I was pleased with that visit.

Next visit was 2 months later I came by to pay for the turbo I was ordering and find out what all was needed. It was like no one had time to sit and speak with me about what I was trying to get done so I figured it was because you were busy so again I shrugged it off and went ahead with placing the order. I Tried calling back at least 10 times over the next two days and sent emails to mason asking for him to call me so I could place an order for my o2 housing eventually I got an answer then placed the order. But again I had to keep calling I never got a call back. After a week I call and email mason to get an update on my Fp black after four days of trying to reach him I call Fp myself and had to speak with two people to get an answer. Apparently they called mason to tell him I contacted them and finally he calls me back only to tell me I am not supposed to call Fp. A week later I get a message from Fp saying it shipped so again I try to reach mason over email and the phone and again no answer no returned call. Once he finally answers I let him know it is on the way and ask if he has everything else and if I can make an appointment he said everything was there and he would call me back about the appointment and this time he did return my call and got me in the next day which was great. I came in early like he asked and met Adam and he was on time and very friendly once the vehicle is apart and ready to be put back together he finds out that there were no oil lines ordered the o2 housing isn't even there what makes that worse is the o2 sensor is ceased so I have to buy a new which happens. But now I have to pay to have a o2 housing to be installed at a later date. Then the incorrect fuel injectors were installed which were another 100.00 more and when Adam attempted to put the intake on it wouldn't work with the intercooler piping so I had to spend 486.00 on new piping and you did try to help me by taking the ETS LICP of my hands to make up some of the difference. So on my way home my car stalls when coming to a complete stop I thought it might be a one time thing so I give it a few days and it keeps happening so I try to get in touch with mason again and its takes 3 days and that's only because I called 2 times every hour for all 3 days at that point I pretty much had enough. I know you're moving the shop now but that is no reason to not respond. You answered my email this week but after I responded to you're email I never got a response back.

I had to take my car to another shop and pay another 485.00 to get it re tuned and that's unacceptable seeing how I spent 1000.00 at you're shop to have it tuned. The shop that tuned my car tested it for leaks first only to find the throttle body is leaking. When it was my understanding that you guys tested it both times it was at your shop. It's frustrating knowing that. I'm not made of money and now I had to empty my savings just to get it fixed. I hope you read this and respond because I would like to still use you but I just need these issues resolved.

Thanks,
Travis

I told you to bring the car by.

We are moving shops. How can you not understand we're not answering the phones. We don't even have phones or internet yet as comcast hasn't figured it out yet. I'm emailing you from home. I just got here. It's 10:40 pm. Trying to build the new shop.

You chose to take it to CBRD, a shop that will take any chance they can to bad mouth us and our work.

Throttle body seals are a huge issue with Evo's. We replace them all the time. Yours failed. Seemed to work the day the work was done and car was dyno'd. Wouldn't you agree? So something failed. That isn't causing the car to stall. We could have easily looked over the car. You seem to not get how busy we are moving shops.

I'd prefer to speak to you in person, but at this point I would gladly say I'm sorry for all your troubles with us and best of luck with CBRD.

Cory

You didnt give me a time or day and if I am taking off work to come out there I would like to know for sure someone is there. Did I want to go there no like I said in my previous email. But I keep having issues going through mason he even sold the speed density that already paid for and when I show up he didn't have it so I couldn't have it put on either. So if you think im not understanding you are wrong I like you guys there is just a break in communication. I know it doesn't matter to you that I had to spend that extra money but it is to me.

Travis

I didn't force you to spend the extra money.

I didn't give you a time as I told you to come by whenever. You could have emailed me back and said "What exact time?" You did not. I have too many things going on trying to move this shop. You forced the issue to do the work right before we moved. Your impatience is above and beyond the average customer. It's why FP called us and asked us to ask you to stop calling them. We told you to let us move and get that done then install your turbo. You were the last car before we moved. Parts we not here or sold or missing because we were moving. I told Mason to sell anything in the shop so we could move less crap. You paid $100 more and got much better injectors. You wanted to change the intercooler piping. You had the worst piping kit known to man that doesn't fit with anything. Your parts were not going to work.

But the main point of it is you could have easily asked for a specific time to come by. I said just come by. You chose to go to CBRD. I didn't force that. And a stalling issue would have been a couple minute look over and fix and it would have been done. And they can tell you that we overlooked this or that. The car ran well when it left.

We are moving. It's the largest undertaking the shop has ever been involved in. That has been our focus. You knew that before any of this turbo swap happened. Learn some patience and things would work out a lot smoother. Your O2 housing could have been dealt with as well.

There's so many points I'd like to make but it's 10 pm and I just got home from another day of building the new shop.

The break in communication is that you want immediate answers to questions that are not going to be answered immediately. We are moving. We have been very open about this. Multiple builds were put on hold to allow us to move and do the work at the appropriate time. Squeezing you in to do this work was dumb and if I could have it to do again I'd tell you that you had to wait or go elsewhere.

I'm done arguing about this. I wish you luck with the car and CBRD. I'm sorry we could not meet your expectations, but sometimes you have to know when to fish or cut bait.

Cory
Old Jun 8, 2013, 06:16 AM

I want to clarify that the work done there was great and so was the tuner thats not the issue.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
??

Last edited by sandman121383; Jan 25, 2014 at 06:36 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 06:09 AM

Took me forever to re-register as my old account was locked in 2010 and I hadn't tried posting since then.

I want to comment on the coilover concern first:

Sandman, what coils did you order? Who went out of business? We don't stock ANY coils, so nothing was sold to you to get something off our shelves.

The race car has run Fortune Auto's for 4 or so years, I think...

They aren't out of business, they still service all their stuff.

Please explain.

Cory
Old Jun 10, 2013, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by sandman121383
Hey man!
Sounds like you got yourself into a tough spot! I'll say this about AMS. I'm very disappointed in their customer service and frankly their honesty. I got coilovers off of them 2 years ago but prior to ordering they DID NOT inform me that the brand was discontinued and no longer in business. Had they been honest and told me that, they would not have lost the sale. I would have bought another brand. Instead they told me that the coilover i bought was the same on they use on their time attack cars etc etc. shame on me for believing them, I'm now smarter than i was then. But at the time i wasn't building my car in the direction I am now, but I would have appreciated an honest opinion and advice. I feel as though they sold them to me so they would not get stuck with one more set of coilovers sittin on their shelves that they nor anyone will warranty or support parts/service on.

I understand they have a well known name and are still well respected in the automotive community, but I was not pleased that I was mislead by their salesmen/whatever they call themselves.

Maybe they'll read these and make right on their mistakes, however ....lesson learned ...the hard way. Hope your issues are resolved man! Good luck!!!
Yea it sucks for me because they are good guys and I really didn't want to start a thread, but I wasnt getting anywhere through email...
Old Jun 10, 2013, 06:46 AM

Now for Travis and his drama:

Travis calls non stop. All of the same questions have been answered on the phone and in person. He calls every chance he gets to ask the same questions over and over. How many times did we discuss clutch options? A couple dozen if my memory serves right. But it's the same with all of the work done. You call and call to ask mindless questions. I explained to you that emailing me would be that much easier as with the move we'd be less able to deal with answering the phones all day.

I understand customers want help and ask questions. We've been here for 10 years, I know how it goes. Travis calls non stop. All day. Same questions. If we can't answer the phone, he calls again. Yet his emails were answered within the same day. We can't move buildings and answer the phones. Heck, Comcast still hasn't got the new phones up and running. Not once has a vendor ever called and asked us to tell a customer to stop calling them...but FP did with you. See a trend here?

And if $485 emptied your savings, maybe you should stop calling every 20 minutes asking me to sell you that 5 speed and a triple plate clutch.

You could have brought the car by and we'd have gladly looked it over and resolved the stalling. Why is that hard to understand? I didn't give you a set time to come by as you were free to come by whenever you had time and Dan would have immediately checked the car out. We would not have charged you a dime to check the car over and resolve the stalling. You didn't even give us the chance. You went eslewhere and then blamed us that you had to pay.

And if you had such a hard time getting in touch with Mason why didn't you just email me? We had emailed before.

I bought your ETS pipe from you so you could get the TXS kit (your decision) and have ALL the piping replaced. You know the O2 housing was ordered weeks prior but MAP was out of stock, how is that our fault? You could clearly see your new FP setup was not going to work with your Injen piping kit. I'm the dick for pointing that out? You have a car with a few bolt ons and wanted to shoot for the moon. Other parts need to be replaced to work with your new planned parts.

Travis, what you fail to realise is you're not the only customer. There are many others wanting work done, wanting updates, wanting to order parts. We're a 4 man operation, and sometimes we can't answer the phones. Email is easy, and you ALWAYS got a reply.

Your impatience is out of control. You feel like we owe you something, when in fact we went out of our way, stopping the move process, to get your car done. You arrived early, as did Adam, to ensure the work was completed in one day. It was. Car ran very well other than your stock clutch and 6 speed on a Black. The idle issue could have and would have been easily resolved had you stopped by like we agreed to via email. I'm sorry that the speed density kit wasn't there. As I stated we could have overnighted one and tuned it the next day. You declined. We proceeded with the parts we had and the car turned out fairly well.

Here's your email on the 4th:

9:50 am: "This is Travis Isaacs im having problems with stalling when coming to a stop. I'm just trying to get information about how long until I will be able to get it looked at?

This was the 4th, my birthday, so I wasn't at work that day. My response: "You can stop by later this week for Dan to check it out."

10:52 am: "Thanks for the fast response. Do you have any info on that 5 speed tranny? Or a time frame to get a clutch and speed density installed?"

Did you ask what time you should come by for the stalling? Ask for a specific day or time? NO!!!!

You didn't respond or call and then on the 6th you went ape**** and started this whole thing.

Had you asked, or stopped by, and we declined helping you I would see your point. But we didn't. We were there, all day every day. Stop by, we fix, you leave happy.

Cory
Old Jun 10, 2013, 06:46 AM

I stopped emailing you on the 6th after you posted our emails on here.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by ShopGTR
I stopped emailing you on the 6th after you posted our emails on here.

People wouldn't call so much if you answer the phone and I called Fp two time they weren't upset with me they were upset that you are a vender and get a discount but yet you don't do your job and take car of the customer. Because if you did I wouldn't need to call them.....

You have no customer service what owner in their right mind would email a customer and curse at them???? If I wanted to stoop yo your level I'd post that email.

By the way just to let everyone know I am a war veteran I served in iraq and was blown up multiple times and now have TBI (Traumatic brain injury) which effects the memory I do not mean to ask repeat questions but it happens a lot every since that happened because I can't remember whatbwas said. Anyways cory knows that but doesn't care.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 07:24 AM

You probably shouldn't tell the customer that they have ordered everything they need. It also doesn't help when you point out the piping won't work after the car is already apart.

I forgot to ask then why is throughout that 7 hours I spent there while having those parts installed that I watched mason ignore call after call?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 07:45 AM

Let me paraphrase my cursing to you:

"You posted my f-ing emails on EvoM?!
What the f is wrong with you?"
Old Jun 10, 2013, 07:48 AM

Travis,

We do a ton with Wounded Warriors. Don't act like we treated your poorly as a veteran. We even discussed that you could stop asking for military discounts as were were well aware of your military status.

You watched Mason ignore phone calls? Thank goodness we have voicemail and email. Heaven forbid he missed some solicitors calling the shop. They might be able to lower our CC rates!!

Most of our work is scheduled via email to maintain a paper trail. The phone rings all day. Sometimes you have to let it ring and move on in order to get other work done.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 07:49 AM

Shall we call Amber at FP and get the story from her?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 07:52 AM

Those are curse words are they not?

I didn't even bring up the fact that I paid for speed density and you guys sold that one to someone else and didn't order one to replace it with. So when I get there you don't even have one that's professional.

But anyways I tired of trying to fix this situation. It obviously isn't going anywhere the people who read this can make their own opinions.

You got my money so touché, I won't make that mistake twice.

Last edited by MR05; Jun 10, 2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
it's really sad to read this.guys pls put your **** together.one of you should stop.anger and public forum ain't gonna help.

Quick Reply: Need your opinion please read(Atlantic Motor Sports MD)