Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

ETS Review

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2013, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine fit fine
Old Jul 16, 2013, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Really? Unless they grabbed a 2.75" coupler. The 2.50" couplers fit over nice and snug. Do you still have the couplers? Could you measure them for me?

Unless you are using your factory lower pipe which is 2.25" on a RA. The GSR/MR is 2.5". So if you don't order our RA specific kit and only the Evo X intercooler the coupler would be wrong for the lower pipe.

let me know!

Michael
First, i went with the ETS 3" and it's with the Oem EVO licp tubing, the adapters are a waste for the RA, the main blockage is from the cramped tubing anyways..

And, it wasn't that large a gap. I've installed these several times, it's basically a reasonably tight fit till you tighten the clamps or even use your hands(where the issue becomes more obvious) then you get a small gap, I'm sure its eventually filled by over tightening the clamps, as most would do, but I tried this with three different sets of couplers I have: OEM(easily best and snuggest fit) Samco(also close to lose) and some tubes from CX racing(oddly the best fitting of the silicones) the ETS logo couplers were just not tight enough.. Otherwise, I wouldn't complain.. If you wanna send me another set, ill retry the fit. But, i sold em 10 mins after I noticed the gap, it was obvious.. I bought both ICs from RPM auto, my mazda turbo vendor.. So, it wasn't bought used or anything.. Like I said, the IC was a fine fit, just not the couplers... And I'm still runnin the IC fine.. Not a major issue.

PS: if you're using the Oem piping with a 3" ETS you can skip the hangers.. The Thing doesn't move..
Attached Thumbnails ETS Review-image.jpg  

Last edited by markspd6; Jul 16, 2013 at 03:31 AM.