Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

ETS Review

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2013, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETS Review

About 5 months ago I bought my 2012 EVO X GSR with the intentions of modifying it and potentially bringing it to the track for some auto X. As I was searching the web for review's on products all I seemed to see was ETS and AMS reviews and each one was awesome. After a lot of thinking I decided to give ETS a call and see what they had.

When I spoke with Micheal from ETS I felt that I was in good hands. He told me the options that I had and what he recommend for what I am planing to do with the car and not just try and sell me the most expensive things. I ordered an ETS 02 dump downpipe first because I figured that would give me motivation to get the whole exhaust faster.

I waited another 2 months then ordered the V2 Extreme cat back and the ETS testpipe. I placed the order on Friday and called Micheal on Saturday to see if he could get me a test pipe with the 02 bung for wideband. And he threw that in for me because the order did not ship yet for free!

Every package that I received from ETS was packed with care and everything was there that I needed for the complete install (Gaskets, Bolts, and Clamps). And the best part was the quality of the piece, all the welds were perfect.

As far as the install, when removing the stock downpipe from the car 3 bolts broke on the turbo housing witch was a pain in the butt! But the rest went on like cake. Everything fit perfectly the way the stock exhaust would fit and I was pleased. It took about 1.5 hours to install the whole exhaust after the stock downpipe was off and I had to send the turbo to a machine shop to have the bolts drilled out.

Overall the customer service I received from ETS was amazing and I would recommend anyone to them for what ever product they choose. There was no holding to wait to talk to someone for 15 minuets. Every time I called he picked right up and did everything to help me.

The sound of the exhaust is amazing and the open dump is awesome too. It is clear where I will be purchasing turbo kits from in the future!{thumbu p}
Old Jul 9, 2013, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

I just ordered from these guys yesterday and the speed and quality of service is insane. Plus doing a military discount definetly puts them at the top of the list when it comes to ordering parts. I recommend ETS to anyone wanting top notch customer service.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 08:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Thanks for the reviews!
Old Jul 9, 2013, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ReignMan24
I just ordered from these guys yesterday and the speed and quality of service is insane. Plus doing a military discount definetly puts them at the top of the list when it comes to ordering parts. I recommend ETS to anyone wanting top notch customer service.
Would recommend anyone to them. I just have to buy another rear section because the cops around me already giving me problems so I will just have to order the V2 rear with mufflers.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

ETS ftw
Old Jul 12, 2013, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I received my ETS intake, 3.5" FMIC, and UICP. Overall the items are really good quality. I really only have 3 complaints:

The first is the intercooler was on back order and took a few weeks to receive.

The second, and this is small, is the mounting brackets used a flat head style. For the most part I was able to use a ratchet but on one or two spots i had to get in there with a screw driver. This is probably more of an issue with me and my lack of variety in tools.

My third complaint is I received my intercooler with a bend in it. I'm pretty sure this happend during shipping and doubt it was at fault of ets. But maybe they could wrap some protectant around the ends of the intercooler like they did with the pipes. The only thing around the ends was blue painters tape.

Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Unfortunately, bent in/outlets is very common during shipping, this is one of the many reasons I prefer cast end-tanks. That said, it should be a quick fix with a set of pliars. ETS should be able to submit a claim to the shipper and get you some money back.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kracka
Unfortunately, bent in/outlets is very common during shipping, this is one of the many reasons I prefer cast end-tanks. That said, it should be a quick fix with a set of pliars. ETS should be able to submit a claim to the shipper and get you some money back.
Yah, I just bent it back the best I could. It's not perfect, but I think it'll work just fine. Just think some of that common damage could be eliminated with maybe some bubble wrap around the in/outlets instead of just painters tape.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Indeed, I agree.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kendogg
I received my ETS intake, 3.5" FMIC, and UICP. Overall the items are really good quality. I really only have 3 complaints:

The first is the intercooler was on back order and took a few weeks to receive.

The second, and this is small, is the mounting brackets used a flat head style. For the most part I was able to use a ratchet but on one or two spots i had to get in there with a screw driver. This is probably more of an issue with me and my lack of variety in tools.

My third complaint is I received my intercooler with a bend in it. I'm pretty sure this happend during shipping and doubt it was at fault of ets. But maybe they could wrap some protectant around the ends of the intercooler like they did with the pipes. The only thing around the ends was blue painters tape.
Thanks for your review. We take these type of reviews very serious. Tomorrow our new spray foam machine shows up. This should allow us to foam the end tanks for better protection.

I'm sorry for the back order, we had an unexpected surge of sales. We are now fully stocked and able to ship same day in most cases. Sorry about this.

Thanks!

Michael
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kracka
Cast tanks bend just the same. We actually have cast tanks for several intercoolers in our product line up. Hopefully the new foam machine will help prevent this. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Thanks!

Michael
Old Jul 15, 2013, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

I will be ordering a FMIC and Piping for my next purchases thorough ETS.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Hopefully the new foam machine will help prevent this.
Nice, I'm sure it will!
Old Jul 15, 2013, 02:18 PM

my ets IC was fine... But the couplers you guy use are too large for the end tanks, so large they were totally useless, they had obvious gaps that would cause bootsleaks. And im not the only one to notice this, They just dont come close to matching your end tanks.. Its a small problem, but i had to toss the silicone couplers and buy useable ones..

Otherwise the unit was fine and the prices were fair compared to other mfgrs.. And i had the ets on my mazda as well, so ive used em in the past as well...
Old Jul 15, 2013, 03:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Really? Unless they grabbed a 2.75" coupler. The 2.50" couplers fit over nice and snug. Do you still have the couplers? Could you measure them for me?

Unless you are using your factory lower pipe which is 2.25" on a RA. The GSR/MR is 2.5". So if you don't order our RA specific kit and only the Evo X intercooler the coupler would be wrong for the lower pipe.

let me know!

Michael

Last edited by ETS Michael; Jul 15, 2013 at 03:02 PM.

Quick Reply: ETS Review