Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Atlantic Motorsports Clutch Install

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2013 | 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Atlantic Motorsports Clutch Install

Hey everyone -- going to keep this direct and to the point. Im long winded, so bear with me.

Cliff notes for those too lazy to read: Comp Stage 3.5 clutch, Comp LW Flywheel + Atlantic = very happy customer who is back on the road, and back in the Evo game. Big thanks to AMS.

I have had my Evo now for about 7 years. I bought it stock with 18k miles. I just crossed 92k miles. Daily Driven, stock turbo, beast. This car has seen everything from Upstate NY winters, AutoX, HPDE, Philly/DC traffic (miserable) and everything in between.

The only shop to EVER touch my car other than my (unqualified) hands has been Atlantic. I love learning by doing my own work, but lack of a second car, as of late, has me unable to do so. I would drive down from Upstate, from Philly, from DC etc. While there are many of qualified shops in between, many of whom I know personally and have given me great advice over the years (thanks), Atlantic has been the only guys to touch my baby.

I have been somewhat out of the Evo game for a year based on DD duties and lots of work. Well, last week en route to a meeting, my clutch decided **** the bed and leave me stranded on the side of the road 1 mile from base.

After lots of frustration, cursing, and phone calls, I called AMS and told Mason I was going to have the Evo towed to their shop. Per usual, he was incredible helpful and accommodating. By the next day they had the tranny dropped and clutch pulled apart. He explained what happened and told me what I was going to need to fix her. (clutch spring literally broke in half and pin-balled off my flywheel destroying everything....pissed)

Normally, this is the type of stuff I love to do on my own, but its my DD and i needed it back asap. After a couple days of researching, talking to experts (thanks to all for advice friends, and the guys at Comp for the advice), I decided on a Comp Stage 3.5 clutch and LW Flywheel. Remember, this is a dd and occasional track car, so wanted something crisp, easy to drive, and relatively long life. (PM me if you want details on the clutch, love it so far)

Well, Mason had the clutch in the shop within 48hrs, for a KILLER price, and within 3 hours had the clutch installed, fresh fluid, and ready to rock. They did some minor tweaks after doing a full car review, and it was ready to go.

Picked it up last night, promptly got stuck in 2hrs of traffic, and headed home. Perfect way to break in the clutch.

If it wasnt clear already, the guys at AMS did an awesome job on the install (as I have come to expect nothing less from them). Great price, great work, even better customer service. Kept me informed the entire process, went out of their way to accommodate my schedule, and just an all around great job.

Cory, Mason, Dan, Adam and crew are awesome Evo mechanics, and even better people. Anyone looking for work, whether its a battery swap to full build, done to their Evo should do themselves a favor and give AMS a call. I cannot recommend them enough, and they will continue being the only shop for my Evo.

If anyone has any specific questions about the clutch, AMS, pricing, reviews etc, feel free to PM me. Happy to be back in the game; thanks to help from AMS.

Cheers guys

Ryan
Old Dec 20, 2013 | 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Might add this to the Vendor/Shop Review section as well. I haven't heard about this "AMS" for a while but I do remember they bought their silver shop Evo brand new (if they still have it) here in Oklahoma back in 2004.
Old Dec 20, 2013 | 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

wow, I am exhausted. I could have sworn I posted it to the vendor review forum. thats what you get for working ungodly hours and not being on EvoM for a year. Could I get a mod to please move this to Vendor review for me? Thanks for the heads up! Cheers