Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Buschur Racing Underhood Shifter Bushings

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2013, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Thumbs up Buschur Racing Underhood Shifter Bushings

I recently ordered Buschur's Underhood and base Shift Bushings and after much reading on reviews regarding solid bushings. All the reviews looked great to me so I decided to give them a try replacing my stock rubber ones.

They arrived a couple days ago and I was very excited to install them. The machining on these bushings are great which is expected from Buschur. I installed them yesterday evening. The install was pretty straight forward. there is a "How to" on here which shows you exactly how to do it. The hardest part was getting the smaller one out. My wifey actually was the one to get it somewhat lose for me before i pulled it out. For the small one, I used a needle nose pliers and pinched it from the center hole to the outer part of the rubber and just twisted and pulled until it came out. The larger one was way easier. I just held it with both hands and pushed the bushing out from the underside. It came out fairly easy.

I installed the large one first because it is underneath the small one. It will make it harder to install the large one if the small one was already installed and in the way. The install is even easier than removing the stock ones. They fit in perfectly. After the install, I hopped in and moved the shifter around. it felt great. I had my wife do it also just so I can observe the Shifting mechanism with the new bushings in.

Afterwards installed everything that was removed (just the battery and tray) and took it out for a test drive. Shifting felt way more solid. Hard fast shifts were just dropping in to every gear perfectly. I did a WOT pull from 1st-3rd and it felt great. Very smooth shifts. Much like a "expensive" sports car (which is what the evo tends into for most).

I am completely satisfied with the bushings and recommend it to anyone who wants a better driving experience. The BR bushings are definitely worth the 35 dollars spent. The shipping speed was as expected for ground shipping and the only thing was that tracking info was never updated until after the box was on my doorstep which is the shipping company's fault and not Buschur Racing.

I will be installing the base shifter bushings soon and write a review after also to share. I hope this has been a helpful review to all. Thanks for reading and thumbs up to the Buschur Racing Team.

Old Jan 3, 2014, 08:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the review. We greatly appreciate it and please let us know if there is anything you need help with in the future.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 06:06 PM

very helpful
Old Feb 9, 2014, 06:09 PM

very helpful
Old Feb 9, 2014, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also just installed both of these (base and underhood) I really hope I can feel the difference. I didn't mind the shift before but if this is even more crispy I'll be happy.