Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

IveyTune

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They screwed me royally on a Clutch install. Flywheel bolts backed out on the track after about 8 passes. Mind you I have a stock evo8. Nothing special was running high 13s. I went back to Ivey after this happened I left the car there for 2 days after which they called me and said they would not take off the trans to see what the problem was without charging me a full clutch install. I gave them a prompt FU and took it to another evo shop in NJ that I won't name. They happen to have an 8 sec drag evo. I had to paid for a clutch install because they had not done the original work. Upon opening it they discovered the loose bolts and said the clutch job was botched and flywheel bolts don't even back out on their 700+hp race car. Never again with Ivey tune.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Went there for a tune, drove 4 hours, with an appointment. Called well before hand to make sure that there was no strings attached. Showed up and tried to make me pay over $200 for them to do a boost leak test (confirmed via phone that I would do this myself so it wouldn't need to be done the day of), then because my car didn't have an air filter at the time they needed to inspect my car because they didn't trust the craftsmanship, then tried to tell me my whole setup was trash and they wouldn't tune it because I wouldn't pay for a boost leak test and for them to 'inspect' my car (built 2.0/35r/S2s).

Needless to say, I went elsewhere and the car ran flawlessly.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 06:12 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Hi everyone,

If you have an issue with this shop, first contact the them and discuss your concerns. In almost all cases the our vendors will respond to work out a solution acceptable to both. Please start your own thread if you are not the OP. Thread closed, thanks.

Bob