Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Terrible service from Evoscan.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 12:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terrible service from Evoscan.

Since monday, I have placed two tickets with them and have received zero replies. I ordered an MMCFlash module, and it arrived on monday morning. The usb key is strictly for security measures, so I put in a ticket to get the download link...and have yet to recieve anything. I have been in contact with the developer of mmcflash, and he says he has no record of my payment, so at this point it looks like Hamish has decided to keep my $300 and provide me with nothing in return.

I would rather have the software, but right now it looks like I have been robbed .
Old Jun 2, 2014, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Was this ever resolved??
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

I ask because my 1.3 cable breaks in a new place every 2 months on average. I've put in numerous tickets without EVER receiving a response. I've just resolved to soldering and fixing it myself, but man, for $130 or whatever I spent for that thing the quality is ridiculously bad and the customer service is even worse. I'm going to order a "vag" cable like you suggested in another thread but I just need to know for sure that the vag cable will work with evoscan and its live tuning feature.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
subscr'd (because I want to know if a vag cable is something to give to my wife for my birthday)
Old Jun 3, 2014, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
FWIW my old school Tactrix 1.3 cable I had to completely solder and re-pin myself. I could not believe when it came and portions of it were butt spliced together, pins fell out soon after

Cables were about $100 then. I fixed it easily and moved on, but damn solder the damn things together at least
Old Jun 3, 2014, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

That's what originally went bad with my 1.3 after having it for 2 months.....its where it plugs into the computer the usb plug fell apart from the wire, literally. The little beads of solder were so small the usb plug fell off. So I chopped the end off of it and found an old usb cable laying around. Chopped that end off of that one too and soldered the internal wires (easy to just match wire colors up and solder) and then I heat shrink tubed it and wrapped that in electrical tape. It worked perfect like that for awhile then 2 months back the flash wire coming out of the obdII plug part of it just fell off. I'm not rough with my things either, these cables are just pure ****, I'm sorry but they are. I had to pop open the obdII plug (not an easy task on a 1.3 mind you) and resolder the flash wire back onto the circuit board itself. ZERO customer service and even less customer support. Terrible quality cables. If it wasn't for evoscan (pretty awesome program even though DTC read and clear doesn't work anymore) I'd say screw that whole company all together. I still need someone to tell me if a vag cable will work with evoscan live tuning though. You can get a vag cable for $20 on eBay. But HANDS DOWN the tactrix 2.0 openport is the absolute best and highest quality flashing and datalogging product on the market. Their customer service is amazing and their new Mitsubishi flash cable adaptor is unbelievable in quality. It's "overmade" (if you see their new flash adaptor you would know what I mean, its totally amazing quality) imho but hey, that's not a bad thing, lol. I think they just wanted to offer the best flash adaptor they could offer, now THAT'S customer service.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

I should be clear, my 1.3 was from Hammish, not from tactrix. There's a reason they moved on from the 1.3 obviously..... 2.0 is the way to go!!!!
Old Jun 3, 2014, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A friend of mine and I both have two 1.3 cables each.. they break so often and we send them for repair and need backups lol some lasting 1 month some lasting 6 months
Old Jun 4, 2014, 03:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
I have sold around 200~ or so 1.3U cables. I prefer the 1.3 over the 2.0 for an evo 8/9 because the 1.3 is faster then the 2.0. The 2.0 is a good cable though, and you must have it if you want to flash an evo X or something along those lines.

I have only had maybe 5 cables ever come back out of as many as i mentioned above, so i dont think they are that unreliable. I've had the same one in my car now for 4 years and no issues. (1.3U).
Old Jun 4, 2014, 03:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa999
subscr'd (because I want to know if a vag cable is something to give to my wife for my birthday)
oh my haha.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
My first Tactrix 1.3 lasted 3 years...my second one last 1.5 years...my Tuner tools 1.3 U last about 3 months apiece it seems. My last Tactrix is starting to have issues after another 3 years.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa

oh my haha.
Lol I just got that. I was thinking birthday gift for days lol

Last edited by jrainwater; Jun 6, 2014 at 10:47 AM.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
My first Tactrix 1.3 lasted 3 years...my second one last 1.5 years...my Tuner tools 1.3 U last about 3 months apiece it seems. My last Tactrix is starting to have issues after another 3 years.
Tactrix no longer makes the 1.3. That's why they come all the way from new zealand now. But you probably knew that, but we can't call the 1.3 a "tactrix" cable anymore because its not them putting those cables out any longer.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
[deleted] too much
Old Jun 5, 2014, 02:57 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by jrainwater
Tactrix no longer makes the 1.3. That's why they come all the way from new zealand now. But you probably knew that, but we can't call the 1.3 a "tactrix" cable anymore because its not them putting those cables out any longer.
maybe they're just fakes then

Evoscan is in New Zealand, and there's no way Tactrix, in California, is still producing an ancient cable for a sole distributor on the other side of the world. Is it actually branded Tactrix though? Maybe it's a Tactrix style cable.

Quick Reply: Terrible service from Evoscan.