Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

CBRD. The best radiator on the market & the $26 that changed my mind.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 08:24 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
this. i dont go to shops where evos are no longer the #1 priority. i think other forum members should consider taking a strong stand in this and only do business with shops that focus on evos. i don't go to a nissan dealership to service my mitsubishi & i don't count on shop's past successes for present day service. support shops that support evos or there won't be any more left.

With all due respect, this is hogwash.
If you're a business owner, you'd be wise to service multiple car types so you can keep the lights on. Evos are getting older, and the market for new parts are waning. You have to branch out to stay viable.

Edit: On topic of the actual thread, I have heard from Chad that he and the OP are working on a resolution that will be posted shortly.

Last edited by Noize; Aug 20, 2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 09:37 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
spoke to our client- cleared up some confusion- all taken care of- He will respond if necessary!

cb
Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to hear this is getting sorted out. It would be a shame to lose customers over such little ****.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 01:05 PM
Account Disabled

It was a miscommunication on this- and we resolved it- very simply-

The OP was extremely pleased with his product and delivery time- simply a matter of confusion over what insignia type he wanted- and we clarified-

the other post was completely different!

cb
Old Aug 20, 2014, 01:09 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by grazzo77
Glad to hear this is getting sorted out. It would be a shame to lose customers over such little ****.
and I do agree-

we do make mistakes from time to time-

cb
Old Aug 21, 2014, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I spoke with Chad yesterday. I appreciate the effort that was made to reach out and fix the problem, he handled it exactly the way I would have. Which I appreciate. I myself understand how owning a business works and how things can go from small to out of control really quickly, so I think Chad did the right thing in the end by reaching out and actually calling me rather than sending an email. The person to person connection between customer and business is something that has been lost nowadays, it is also something our business focuses on immensely, so the effort in which is was corrected was commendable, especially because that's what I would have done.

My intention of this post was to never slander Chad or CBRD, they make great products, some of the best in business, truthfully. I voiced my issue here simply because I don't have anywhere else to voice it. In the end, it did turn out to be a misunderstanding that grew into something more, but Chad has taken the necessary steps to correct the issue and the website so it won't happen again. Which is what any good owner would do. No business is going to be perfect, my business isn't perfect, but maybe what's more important than being perfect, is being human and learning, correcting and moving on. That's exactly what a successful business does and it's exactly what Chad did in the end.

So thank you for reaching out to me, Chad. I do apologize if I sounded rude at all, that was not my intention, I just wanted to voice my opinion. However that opinion has since changed and I will continue to support CBRD because of the way this was resolved.

Last edited by .DoT.; Aug 21, 2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One last thing:

I do agree we should all support Evo based shops, but I don't agree that we should expect those shops not to also open their doors to other makes and models, so long as favortism isn't given to one car because of it's value or cost of parts. Personally feel like CBRD is very Evo based and will continue to be heavily involved with Evos.

A business model that was anything but the aforementioned would leave us without that Evo based business in a very short time. This is a time were things, especially from a business standpoint, need to be heavily diversified, or there is quite literally no chance for success.

Last edited by .DoT.; Aug 21, 2014 at 08:47 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 242 Likes on 218 Posts
Originally Posted by CBRD
There are 16 Evo's here now- and 2 GTR's for your reference...

1 GTR motor at the machine shop- 4 EVO motors.... and so on...

its clear where our passion still is- however each and every build gets the same amount of detail here in house (whether its a ford focus, subaru, porsche, GTR, EVO, etc

cb
i stand corrected, and was also not necessarily referring to your shop, but "shops" in general. also just as a general clarification, i said i'll only go to shops that focus on evos/have a main focus on evos, not solely work on evos. of course i understand business and the need to diversify, especially from a dying platform like the evo where the demographic of owners is also changing quickly.

there are shops that do things for several cars and yet still have a strong focus on evos, and some shops that have all but just plain moved on.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:04 AM
Account Disabled

Thanks for the input everyone---

and we appreciate the understanding AND criticism- it keeps us on our toes (me in particular hee he)

We will always love the EVO platform- and continue to develop things as needed!

Sincerely

cb