Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Bad experience with Maperformance :(

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad experience with Maperformance :(

Hey everyone,
I was a little hesitant about posting my experience with Maperformance since everyone praises them so highly (the main reason I chose to order from them).

I placed an order 19/04 for some fluids (atf, lsd oil and the Redline cocktail). I am from Canada and have never had a problem ordering fluids from American companies before. On 20/04 I get a call from Kevin @MAP saying that they are unable to ship the fluids via air and also probably won't be able to ship them via ground either. Ok weird.. You'd think there would be something on the website that would prevent international orders from ordering products that cannot be shipped.

Since I live in Vancouver it's not very far from the border. I asked Kevin to ship my order to my PO box in Blaine instead, to which he complied. I never received any order confirmation so I assumed the order was shipped and was expecting it within the next week.

Fast forward to the next week, still haven't heard anything about the order. I email Kevin 28/04 asking for the tracking number. No reply. I email Kevin again 29/04 asking for the tracking number again. No reply. I then send a support ticket on the MAP website asking for tracking and they send me an email saying my order was shipping out today. It took 6 business days to process my order and was not even in UPS possession, only a shipping label had been created. I was pretty upset, who knows how long it would have taken them to send the order if I didn't send a follow up email.

As I'm glancing over the shipping confirmation email I notice that they have not added a component of the Redline Cocktail I ordered. I email them and told them about the missing part of my order and get an email back from Aaron saying that it was out of stock and will have to be shipped separately. Again, they provided zero information saying it was out of stock until I asked. At this point I'm getting mad, now I have to pay double at my PO box to pick up these 2 separate packages; I email Aaron and tell him to cancel and refund my order before UPS picks up the package.

Of course, Aaron does not respond and now the package is in transit. After reading MAP reviews I would have assumed i would have my order within 7 business days, so I went ahead and booked an appointment to get my fluids changed. It has taken them 6 business days for them to even process the order and it has been an absolute nightmare dealing with them. I have honestly never dealt with customer service that is this incompetent and it has left a very sour taste in my mouth; as a first time customer with MAP, I doubt I will be back .
Old Apr 30, 2016, 07:24 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Sorry to hear about all this. I've had this kind of experience with other places, not related to evos and it can be EXTREMELY frustrating. I have found sometimes a single phone call can be worth 100 emails. I don't know what the situation was like over at MAP that caused this, but I have noticed that when things get hectic, email seems to be one of the first things to start falling through the cracks.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is very true especially for a fabrication company. Always call and email. never just stick to one way communication. It fails at times and you could have spoken with a supervisor and explained it all, never know they may have been willing to give you a small discount for your troubles.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn that sucks. All my orders have always gone through fast and emails usually get responded pretty quick too wonder why this happened to you
Old May 1, 2016, 04:25 AM
Evolved Member

You're not alone.

I'm sitting on store credit for their screw up. Ordered a wheel spacer kit and addressed an issue the day I received my wheel spacer kit. Not only did it take a month to get to me I messaged them and asked why the box spacer kit shipped to me had Mazda on the side box. I was told not to worry. Long story short, the wheel studs did not work as they were too narrow. Luckily the shop had some spares.

This has been the only issue I've had. I've ordered from them before.
Old May 1, 2016, 02:52 PM

Unfortunately I was at work when I noticed that part of the order wasnt being shipped and was unable to call them to cancel (work policy - no personal phone calls).

UPS updated the shipping status and it is on its way unfortunately. Looks like my email requesting the order to be cancelled was probably ignored.
Old May 1, 2016, 04:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 350 Likes on 264 Posts
I've never had any issues with MAP. I have had to wait on back orders and custom made parts from them, but that is to be expected as they are a busy shop. Upon reading the title of your thread I thought that you had a more serious problem such as ordering a short block from them and it spun a bearing within 500 miles or something along that nature. Believe me I understand the waiting game is frustrating, but they are a good shop that has been around long enough to prove themselves. Maybe not for yet for shipping fluids to Canada.

-pal215
Old May 1, 2016, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pal215
I've never had any issues with MAP. I have had to wait on back orders and custom made parts from them, but that is to be expected as they are a busy shop. Upon reading the title of your thread I thought that you had a more serious problem such as ordering a short block from them and it spun a bearing within 500 miles or something along that nature. Believe me I understand the waiting game is frustrating, but they are a good shop that has been around long enough to prove themselves. Maybe not for yet for shipping fluids to Canada.

-pal215
I completely understand what you're saying, but this little order has caused a huge inconvenience so far. I was never told that the Redline ATF was on back order, I wouldn't have ordered if that was the case. I also was not told that the Redline ATF would be shipped separately, the email led me to believe that they had simply forgotten to ship it, there was no mention of it being out of stock and shipping separate. Also, who knows how long it would have taken to process my order if I did not send an email. I understand that they are a big company but 6 business days to process an order seems a little excessive.

I have read countless good reviews about MAP and it's frustrating when my emails get ignored by them. I ended up buying OEM fluids from Mitsubishi since now my order won't be here on time for my shop appointment.
Old May 2, 2016, 07:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Leeryanl
Hey everyone,
I was a little hesitant about posting my experience with Maperformance since everyone praises them so highly (the main reason I chose to order from them).

I placed an order 19/04 for some fluids (atf, lsd oil and the Redline cocktail). I am from Canada and have never had a problem ordering fluids from American companies before. On 20/04 I get a call from Kevin @MAP saying that they are unable to ship the fluids via air and also probably won't be able to ship them via ground either. Ok weird.. You'd think there would be something on the website that would prevent international orders from ordering products that cannot be shipped.

Since I live in Vancouver it's not very far from the border. I asked Kevin to ship my order to my PO box in Blaine instead, to which he complied. I never received any order confirmation so I assumed the order was shipped and was expecting it within the next week.

Fast forward to the next week, still haven't heard anything about the order. I email Kevin 28/04 asking for the tracking number. No reply. I email Kevin again 29/04 asking for the tracking number again. No reply. I then send a support ticket on the MAP website asking for tracking and they send me an email saying my order was shipping out today. It took 6 business days to process my order and was not even in UPS possession, only a shipping label had been created. I was pretty upset, who knows how long it would have taken them to send the order if I didn't send a follow up email.

As I'm glancing over the shipping confirmation email I notice that they have not added a component of the Redline Cocktail I ordered. I email them and told them about the missing part of my order and get an email back from Aaron saying that it was out of stock and will have to be shipped separately. Again, they provided zero information saying it was out of stock until I asked. At this point I'm getting mad, now I have to pay double at my PO box to pick up these 2 separate packages; I email Aaron and tell him to cancel and refund my order before UPS picks up the package.

Of course, Aaron does not respond and now the package is in transit. After reading MAP reviews I would have assumed i would have my order within 7 business days, so I went ahead and booked an appointment to get my fluids changed. It has taken them 6 business days for them to even process the order and it has been an absolute nightmare dealing with them. I have honestly never dealt with customer service that is this incompetent and it has left a very sour taste in my mouth; as a first time customer with MAP, I doubt I will be back .
My deepest apologies for the bad experience! I truly am sorry for the way that was handled, and there are no excuses to be made here. Yes we are limited to shipping fluids within the continental United States, though, our procedure for preventing such a haphazard order process obviously failed here.

I will PM you and get you taken care of and make it up to you. I can assure you this will be brought up, and will be discussed as it is unacceptable to receive such poor communication and care. I personally prefer doing lots of forum orders digitally and have very little issues with it but I too love phone calls. Whatever floats your boat should be all we need to make you happy.

Again, I apologize and feel free (to anybody) to reach out and give me a shout if anything is less than satisfactory and I am happy to help!

-Adam