Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

AGT/Art Gennari 62mm ball bearing stock location review

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2024 | 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

AGT/Art Gennari 62mm ball bearing stock location review

So been a while since I was active on this forum, decided to write a little review. A while back I made a review on my Arashidynamics 25g stock location drop in for my evo 8 and it served its purpose for long enough, I got bored of it and decided to go with another drop in turbo while I save up and collect parts for my 2.2LR build and a full frame turbo.

I decided to go with the AGT 62mm because of the performance it offers, the sound and just wanted to be different. I had a brand new FP black I was gonna use but again I decided to be different and since I have dealt with Tyler for quite some time and saw the potential of the 62mm I decided to give it a go.

The 62mm is a good option for those wanting 450+ and a good option for the risky stock block crowd due to when boost comes in. I would place this turbo between the FP Black and the FP zero in terms of airflow capabilities. The compressor wheel has a 62mm inducer, the turbine wheel is a 9 blade TD06HR turbine wheel. The hotsides offered are the MHI twin scroll 10.5 hotside and the Single scroll internally gated .96 ar. For the time being I am sticking to the twin scroll MHI 10.5 hotside and if for some reason I end up building the bottom end and decide to push the 62mm as hard as I can then ill go for the single scroll hotside.

I was definitely impressed with how the turbo looks, nice looking compressor wheel and antisurge cover which was physically smaller than the 25g compressor cover. I don't have any pictures but I did manage to film the unboxing and my first impressions and put it on youtube. Ill take more pictures as I get closer to installing it on the car as I'm waiting for some hardware to come in and a few other things.

Here is the video
Old Oct 14, 2024 | 05:22 AM
NP

Interested in seeing some results and when this turbo hits full boost. Still on a stock block 2.0?
Old Yesterday | 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NP
Interested in seeing some results and when this turbo hits full boost. Still on a stock block 2.0?
Stock bottom end, s2 cams, catless exhaust, o2 dump, 3.5” front mount your basic supporting mods, I believe 27 psi arrives right at 4200rpm in third gear. I have no clue what power as of yet but it’s definitely faster than the old 25g and feels like there is more power in the midrange as well.

I haven’t been driving the car very much as I'm staying busy with other stuff. However I do plan to post another video of my impressions on the street. I really like it to be honest.