Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Evo ECU reflash limit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2004, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo ECU reflash limit

Is there any physical limit to how many times one can reflash the Evo ECU? What exactly is the Xflash reflashing? An eeprom? Has anyone actually tried to reflash it many thousand times?

thanks a million [reflashes]

d
Old Sep 30, 2004, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look to the right of your steering wheel under the dash. There's a port, like a plug that is used for a flash unit and to read signals from the ecu. There is a flashable chip in the ECU.

You can use a flash unit, like the one made by Techtom, to change perameters in boost limit, rev limit, top speed.

I think it works just like a CF card. It's flash memory, so yeah, I'd bet you could flash 1000 times (and I'll bet the God of Power has come close to that number), but why?
Old Sep 30, 2004, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jaylenospoolboy
Look to the right of your steering wheel under the dash. There's a port, like a plug that is used for a flash unit and to read signals from the ecu. There is a flashable chip in the ECU.
This should be obvious to anyone posting in the vishnu forum

You can use a flash unit, like the one made by Techtom, to change perameters in boost limit, rev limit, top speed.
Yes, but anyone interested in one of those would probably be better served by the products offered by vendors on evom.

I think it works just like a CF card. It's flash memory, so yeah, I'd bet you could flash 1000 times (and I'll bet the God of Power has come close to that number)
I certainly don't mean to be rude and I value your input, but I was asking what _exactly_ is the type of chip that gets flashed.

why?
Oh, no warranty voiding reason....

Am I wrong or is the interface for changing ECU mapping parameters propietary to mitsubishi?

d