Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Congrats to Smogrunner

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2004, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats Smog, I wish I could have been there to see, might have thrown my A4 out to the wolves. There always is next time, glad to see you hit 11s.
Old Nov 6, 2004, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

Let us know next time ur in No. Cal smog...that way u can maybe drop ur E.T.s even another tenth or two @ Sac...

Great 60's...anybody got a vid????
Old Nov 6, 2004, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice run!
Old Nov 6, 2004, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Great job
Old Nov 6, 2004, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dyno4mance
What did Tom's car put down on 91?
302 to 305 on every pull.
Old Nov 6, 2004, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Nice times Smog. Congrats .
Old Nov 6, 2004, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Nice job Smogrunner. You gave me a hard time about not posting my time slip along time ago. But I wont do the same to you. I don't see why anyone would lie about a time slip.

Next time your in NC, I'll buy you a beer. Ha ha!!!

I have a titanium turbo with 10.5 housing and SSAutochrome manifold to put on after I make one more trip with the completely stock turbo. I just dropped off the manifold for coating yesterday and should have it back by next friday. I hope it will pick me up a little in the quarter like it did you. We will have very similiar mods after I put the new turbo and manifold on. Once again congrats!!!

Brian
Old Nov 6, 2004, 09:21 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Smogrunner
Thanks for the thumbs up Paul. Coming from you, that means a lot. Still working on going around a corner, but it was fun breaking hard to use the first exit on the strip instead the second. LOL...
I can so relate! I actually started out drag racing at the (12 years old) with my brothers 10second drag cars. The most fun ever had was powersliding on the way back on the return road (it had several turns in it) BTW a 1.65 60ft shows you got skilz
Old Nov 6, 2004, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Damn, sick times!
Old Nov 6, 2004, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBODAWG
Nice job Smogrunner. You gave me a hard time about not posting my time slip along time ago. But I wont do the same to you. I don't see why anyone would lie about a time slip.

Next time your in NC, I'll buy you a beer. Ha ha!!!

I have a titanium turbo with 10.5 housing and SSAutochrome manifold to put on after I make one more trip with the completely stock turbo. I just dropped off the manifold for coating yesterday and should have it back by next friday. I hope it will pick me up a little in the quarter like it did you. We will have very similiar mods after I put the new turbo and manifold on. Once again congrats!!!

Brian
Thanks T-dawg. Your point about time slips gave me a chuckle. I'll be posting mine up today though. I still think timeslips are important for a variety of reasons. Often, they point to obvious timing equipment errors (1.22 60ft times, etc.) and they also keep newbies in check who are posting gps-satellite times as the same as being at a track. Obviously though, guys like you and I and several others here on Evom have no track record of lying and/or fabricating stories. Good luck on the 10.5 setup. If you are doing it yourself like I did, I can give you a couple of crucial time saving tips regarding gaskets, washers, and bolts/studs.
Old Nov 6, 2004, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Smogrunner
Thanks T-dawg. Your point about time slips gave me a chuckle. I'll be posting mine up today though. I still think timeslips are important for a variety of reasons. Often, they point to obvious timing equipment errors (1.22 60ft times, etc.) and they also keep newbies in check who are posting gps-satellite times as the same as being at a track. Obviously though, guys like you and I and several others here on Evom have no track record of lying and/or fabricating stories. Good luck on the 10.5 setup. If you are doing it yourself like I did, I can give you a couple of crucial time saving tips regarding gaskets, washers, and bolts/studs.
Your welcome. I thought that would give you a laugh. I remember some of the stange things I have seen on some of the timeslips that people have posted. But oh well. I will never lie about a time.

I saw your post and problems about putting on yours. I ordered the 4 studs and gaskets like suggested. PM me with any other specific suggestions that you can think of. I don't want to hijack this post anymore than I already have.

Go to a better track and see how much quicker you can run, supposedly that track you went to is slow. We have one like that here, it hooks good, but is uphill the last 1/8 mile. Thats real good time on 91 octane also. The FMIC upgrade allows you to run higher boost even on 91 octane.

Brian
Old Nov 6, 2004, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

smog what octane were you running on the 11.9 pass?
Old Nov 6, 2004, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RenoEvo
smog what octane were you running on the 11.9 pass?
c16 = 117octane

They should call it c17....
Old Nov 6, 2004, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

so I'm guessing on 91 you dyno about 300?
Old Nov 6, 2004, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats !!! the 114.97mph shows a nice power increase from 112.xxmph, even the 91 tune is pretty close to the old race tune. That ti 10.5 turbo w/ Shivs tune shows nice gains.

Quick Reply: Congrats to Smogrunner