Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Is MAC Autosport in Colorado any good?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2004, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is MAC Autosport in Colorado any good?

Since Shiv might not come out here for a while, I was thinking of having my XEDE tuned buy the guys at MAC autosports. How is your experience with them? Do you recommend them?
Old Nov 28, 2004, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

I had my Vishnu exhaust and cam gears installed by Nick and the boys and I would go to them again. It's a father and sons team that is very friendly and they did a good job with the install. Any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Danny
Old Nov 28, 2004, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Could you tell me how much they charge for tuning the XEDE? I am also interested eventually to install cam gears and retune.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

When I last went they charged $60/hr and I think it's about the same rate for dyno time. You best call them to confirm but they are the only guys with a all-wheel drive dyno around here I am aware of (I am in Evergreen). These guys know alot about import cars and they don't mind if you want to watch them work. The cam gears DO add some power at the top-end although if you retard the timing to -5/-5 as Vishnu suggest you will lose some low-end torque. I love it thought. It's a blast to drive.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 07:44 PM

Actually wondering the exact same thing-looking for a custom tune and cam gears are coming in next week. MAC is the only thing close----any info on their XEDE knowledge?