Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Xede intermitently not working/1+ low performance

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2004, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sigfried, you need to find out if your 283 number was SAE, STD or uncorrected numbers I've seen as much as 6% Correction Factors here in this hot and humid town.

BTW I can barely tell the difference with my butt dyno from 93 and 100 oct maps and there is a big tuning difference between them.

Last edited by Jorge T; Dec 8, 2004 at 02:57 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by XLR8R
I put down 272awhp on Vishnu's in-house dyno, so I doubt it's something wrong with the product. Maybe there's a leak somewhere on your car? You sure it was installed properly with the right map loaded?
Again, we're not comparing apples to apples here.

Vishnu's dyno will always show lower numbers, but we're not talking about Vishnu's dyno, we're talking about the one in Houston where other cars put down at LEAST 310 and Sigfrid's car is only at 283.

I'm still not convinced the problem lies solely with the XEDE. I'm almost ready to say pull the valve cover and make sure the shop did indeed install the cams you ordered...

Sam
Old Dec 8, 2004, 06:04 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by EvoSam

I'm almost ready to say pull the valve cover and make sure the shop did indeed install the cams you ordered...

Sam
or they put the gears on one tooth off (like they did with my car). Fixing it was worth 29whp!
Old Dec 8, 2004, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

I'm starting to think the basic problem with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I think there may be mechanical issues that we internet mechanics are not privy to...
Old Dec 8, 2004, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
285 with a 1+ on a dynojet????? thats pretty low i thought

i thought ~330 or so was to be expected with a 1+
For more perspective, Stage I cars were putting down anywhere from 260-270 HP on the same dyno, same day. That Dynojet just reads low.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea Smogrunner is probably right.... I've seen cars with cams not installed correctly, or the gears not set correctly, throw down considerably lower numbers than properly running, Shiv tuned cars. (all were Stage 1+ cars)
Old Dec 9, 2004, 12:25 AM
Evolving Member

I know for a fact that there could be some mechanical issues behind all this. The cam and cam gears install was sort of botched from the beginning and that's a big part of Sigfrid's headache (I'm sure he can reccomend a shop in Houston NOT to go to). Everything is SUPPOSED to be fixed now but who knows for sure. I still think the wrong cams might have been put in...I dunno, grasping at straws here.

Sam
Old Dec 9, 2004, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

1+ low power

Cams are correct and installed properly. There is no mechanical issue with the cams. Again, this has been checked by 2 reputable shops and myself. The car feels fine, it just does not feel to me as good as everyone makes it out to be. I tested another 1+ and if the difference between our cars is all that Vishnu makes it out to be, it is not worth my time to search for that extra power cause I ca't even feel it. Jorge said he could not even feel the difference between running the 93 or the 100 maps and there is a lot of difference in those maps. My boost just falls off after 6500 RPM and I am not sure if this is the way it should be or there is something there. Anyway, if there is something way wrong with my car, there is something way wrong with Jorge's car and he did the work and double check himself. I don't think 2 cars could be wrong and feel exactly the same, could they.... My point, stage 1+ is not enough............Thanks all
Old Dec 9, 2004, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

IMO Sigfried coming from a faster car expected more from stg1+, In my case my GTI stg3 on pump was not as fast as my stg1+. So comparisons are all relative to previous experience. My car as is, runs from a roll just as fast as a APR stage 3+ on pump. Anyways I'm going to Dallas on Saturday to dyno mine and see whats really up.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

If the 93oct and 100oct map feel alike then something is wrong with either the sensitivity of the butt dyno or the car's set-up.

Shiv
Old Dec 9, 2004, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

yeah, i know the feeling. i came from a hi hp car as well, and the top end felt like it put me in the hatch........

you gotta try to forget about that, and move on...LOL
Old Dec 9, 2004, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
If the 93oct and 100oct map feel alike then something is wrong with either the sensitivity of the butt dyno or the car's set-up.

Shiv
These are base maps though...not custom tune.

I can tell the difference on the Evo alright, my butt dyno is used to a big difference from the 93 to 104 files on the APR stg 3 GTI. It was more like this...
yeah, i know the feeling. i came from a hi hp car as well, and the top end felt like it put me in the hatch........
I attribute the Evo's traction the culprit of masking the feeling of an otherwise tire spinning, tractionless car that pegs you to the seat once it graps a bit o'traction.

And Shiv please don't take my comments wrong, I'm very satisfied. Just trying to put some logic to perceptions.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Don't get me wrong either. I love VISHNU and love the guys that frequent the VISHNU forum( I might have used love a little much) but anyway. SOme of you guys may have read my post about me getting RAPED by a Turbo Trix flashed car with the same mods as me(ie: cams, TB exhaust.) He has a MBC and an intake and I do not, ANYWAY. I found out that my Cam were not installed correctly and I am going to get that fixed. It just seem that my car is super laggy, kinda hesitates throught 2nd and 3rd, like it pulling timing. I don't know whats going on but will find out. Anyway, I feel you pain. Very discouraging but fixable.

PS BTW my gears were set to -5/-5 would that count for some laggyness?

Tony
Old Dec 9, 2004, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by YEVOVIII
...PS BTW my gears were set to -5/-5 would that count for some laggyness?
Was that with stock camshafts or aftermarket camshafts?

l8r)
Old Dec 9, 2004, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

272's