Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

HELP! After mod mayham !

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2004, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
put your stocker BOV back on and see if that helps, also like Andrew says make sure the correct green wire was selected for bridging the boost control solenoid. It is Pin #11 on the large ECU connector.

Last edited by Jorge T; Dec 30, 2004 at 10:19 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 08:50 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bov is a prob. but something else is wrong
Old Jan 1, 2005, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dafarmer69
bov is a prob. but something else is wrong
Check for coolant loss. White smoke and hard starting can result from a head problem. Smoke possibly coming from coolant burnoff? Lumpy idle caused by coolant in the head f'n with the a/f mix?

I've had the same symptoms in a SAAB turbo due to head gasket and cracking problems. Worth a look...
Old Jan 3, 2005, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

You definitely have the wrong green wire - you unhooked the CAS if I remember the pinout correctly, my car did the exact same thing. Make sure you use the green wire from the OPPOSITE side of the clamp release (as shown in that picture - the serated edge of the clip is where you want to be looking).
Old Jan 3, 2005, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Fuel pump.
FYI had a few bad ones in the past
Old Jan 3, 2005, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

dont think its the bov installed my ssq my self and have been running vta for about a month and havent had the car die one time.... has gotten to about 500rpm at the worst ......... and recirc should cure that.. or somewhat close

evoisdream
Old Jan 3, 2005, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Just do this...

With the car (poorly) idling, blip the throttle (don't thrash it) if you see clouds of raw fuel and black smoke belching out of the tailpipe you have the XEDE boost control incorrectly installed. If not remove the BOV and put the stocker back in. If those two suggestions don't solve it then start checking things like your MAF sensor, make sure it is fully plugged in, make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks etc etc.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

have you checked your cam gears? one of mine wasn't tight before and it advanced all the way, i had the same sort of issues that you are having.

also, the SSQ doesn't make one solid woosh sound, it actually sounds like you are choking a retard, especially if its vented back to the intake.

my bet is the xede or your cam gear has spun.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

I got it all fixed today the cam gears where marked weird and they were 2 teeth off but its running good now, i have to remap the boost tommarow cuz iam running 11psi max and iam runnin of the wastegate pressure instead of the XEDE boost , fixing that and iam returing the SSQV put the stock one on and getting the JDM MR taillights.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MITSU16G
I got it all fixed today the cam gears where marked weird and they were 2 teeth off but its running good now, i have to remap the boost tommarow cuz iam running 11psi max and iam runnin of the wastegate pressure instead of the XEDE boost , fixing that and iam returing the SSQV put the stock one on and getting the JDM MR taillights.
Glad to hear you are OK! the cam gear business is tricky, lots of ppl install them and adjust them wrong. You are also right on going with the stock BOV. Those work pretty well most of the time.
Oh yeah, those MR tails rock! Good move