Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Bullish NorCalEvo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2005, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bullish NorCalEvo

http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/view...?p=50853#50853

post plz, tell them what flith buckets they are. and to think i was the original mod on that site.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

You mean they deleted their only post for the day...
Old Apr 10, 2005, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

lol that site is so sad, yet so indicative of the nor cal evo community, everyone is at each other's throats regarding tuners.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Vishnu_Evo8
lol that site is so sad, yet so indicative of the nor cal evo community, everyone is at each other's throats regarding tuners.
come'on everyone? I'm sure as hell not at anyone elses throat over tuners. I could care less who you are tuned by, as long as you are happy! I think a lot of people on the site feel the same way as me.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

That is pretty stupid. Look what I can do on this forum though. Vishnu Vishnu Vishnu Dynoflash Dynoflash Dynoflash Shiv Shiv Shiv!
Old Apr 10, 2005, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

it just seems that the evo community is so segregated.. when ever i go to track days, evo guys group up by tuning companies... where as sti and subaru guys are always such a tightly wound group of friends whether it be the nabisco boys or iclub. i wish there was more comraderie between evo owners up here.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

ahh its been deleted... how typical
Old Apr 10, 2005, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

so whats the problem? Leif, do you have a personal problem with norcalevo and socalevo??? why are you so angry?

nebo
Old Apr 10, 2005, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Vishnu_Evo8
if that site is so sad then please do not visit that site. And the evo owners you're talking about that group together because of the same tuner, I haven't witnessed any of that. Up here in Sac, we all roll together regardless of who did your tuning, and not only that, the STI's and WRX's kick it with us too.

And just maybe on the off chance that say person A gets a certain tune and he is friends with person B. So A recommends B that same tuner, and the progression continues, hmmm lets see so of course those friends who hang together might have the same tuner... ever think of it in that sense? Might be common logic.

nebo
Old Apr 10, 2005, 03:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Nebolic,

With all do respect, i have never seen you at a track day...and that is what Asitha is talking about: The split of people at the track days. Even When we tried to talk to a few other EVO guys, and check out their mods, one warned the other, in german might I add, about who we were. It was almost as if he thought we were trying to steal his ideas for building a fast car or something....so lame.

Even as a person who works at a tuner shop, I think the split is pretty stupid.

And leif is angry because websites like norcal and socal evo promote this tuner split. Frankly it angers me as well. I made one post on Norcal evo about the track day that we ALL went to, and that post was deleted, and I was banned....not because of the post, but simply because of my screen name. In no way was i trying to promote our business, but its nice to say thanks, when everyone else is talking about how fast leif, kim, and myself were. That is where his and my anger come from.

Its been said before, and i will say it again....can't we all just get along.

Originally Posted by nebolic
if that site is so sad then please do not visit that site. And the evo owners you're talking about that group together because of the same tuner, I haven't witnessed any of that. Up here in Sac, we all roll together regardless of who did your tuning, and not only that, the STI's and WRX's kick it with us too.

And just maybe on the off chance that say person A gets a certain tune and he is friends with person B. So A recommends B that same tuner, and the progression continues, hmmm lets see so of course those friends who hang together might have the same tuner... ever think of it in that sense? Might be common logic.

nebo

Last edited by Dustin@Vishnu; Apr 10, 2005 at 03:53 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, it is Rob and Dino's sandbox and they can play in it anyway they choose. I have suggested that Evom have a more specific California forum in the US Regional section. That way we can chat about local stuff and events and no one will be excluded.

Go here to see what I am talking about: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=132029

Last edited by Smogrunner; Apr 10, 2005 at 04:02 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Dustin,

I agree with you in the case that people are being ignorant if they think other "tuners" are trying to steal their ideas etc . . .

To answer your question about track days, yup I've never been out to the track days cause I have other priorities to attend to and i did not buy my Evo to track nor do I have plans to build a track Evo. Different people buy their cars for different reason and I think it's acceptable that I don't track my Evo, for whatever reason I choose.

And for the most part, I do believe members of NorCalEvo and SoCalEvo get along.

Believe or not I am impartial to the whole tuner scene and I do not have problems with Vishnu.

Now that being said, we also have to realize that the boards being owned and admin'd are two different things. Obviously the owners of the board have the final say on what is being done and could be done.

I respect the Vishnu crew for what they can do and what the have done, but to some degree it is pointless to argue about what NorCalEvo and SoCalEvo has decided. If the Vishnu crew feels otherwise you can always PM or talk to the other admins of the site, we are not as stubborn as some people put us to be.

Once again you guys have done great things but there are things beyond the control of the average admin (me) can do. Hope that can clear up whatever questions people have.

For the record also, I know if someone posted right now some bad stuff about Vishnu, the Vishnu crew will take it to heart to a certain extent, and the same goes for members posting to bash NorCalEvo and SoCalEvo.

For those that i'm referring to, you might want to mature up a bit and get over it.

And Dustin, thanks truly for an appropriate and thoughtful response, it is greatly appreciated, and if anyone else decides to respond to this post, I hope they can take after Dustin's professionalism and maturity and not going into anymore bashing.

Nebo
Old Apr 10, 2005, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nebolic
so whats the problem? Leif, do you have a personal problem with norcalevo and socalevo??? why are you so angry?

nebo
other than the fact that you are affiliated with norcal/socal evo and wont let ppl speak their mind, no since i dont know you nor have any personal problems with you, hell i think ive only acutally *seen* you once. but the fact that you are still a moderator and have not left suggests you feel the same way as the people that run the show. ive been ****ted on by dino too many times to be nice about this issue, dustin can be the nice one here.

edit..you: no.
norcal/socal evo: slightly, only dino and the lack of being able to talk about the company ive dumped well over a grand into really.

Last edited by leif; Apr 10, 2005 at 04:18 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear about your problems with SoCalEvo and Dino, but since I do not know what happened between you and Dino, I can't comment on any of that.

I'm still on the site as I have my own agenda to attend to. For the most part, I'm there to organize group events etc . . . sorry that you feel that way Leif, not sure what else I (we) can do to get it all straightened out . . .

nebo
Old Apr 10, 2005, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

^ eh, i wouldn't worry about it, its not your fault.

Quick Reply: Bullish NorCalEvo