Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Vishnu Midwest Dyno Day July 23/24th!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2005, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The shop isn't the issue here. IMHO, Performance Autowerks will be a much better venue than the Porsche Exchange last year... although I don't suppose we'll see a new Carrera GT pulling out of the lot. IMO we just have a breakdown of communication between Vishnu and Smoked. I understand smoked's frustration, I've been in similar situations before.

For now, everyone relax. I just sent a PM to all the Vishnu folks and I will call later.

l8r)
Old Jun 9, 2005, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

Marcus, I have been waiting for Shiv to come to the midwest. I thought he was reallly set on those date so I just bought the XEDE for this event. I don't want to see this thing go down the toilet so let me know how I can help.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gashero
Marcus, I have been waiting for Shiv to come to the midwest. I thought he was reallly set on those date so I just bought the XEDE for this event. I don't want to see this thing go down the toilet so let me know how I can help.
Ditto! I'll be looking at the Utec if this event does not work out. Can't wait for Vishnu forever.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Kevin don't worry about it. Its not you're fault at all. Everyone here appreciates the effort you put forth to put together a kick *** dyno day. We have the shop committed, we have the people....we have the leader to organize the whole thing. Its pretty obviously where we're having a little problem in the line of communication. My guess is that the guys are alittle excited about this auto tune stuff and have put a lot of other stuff on the back burner until they absolutely have to deal with it.

Who knows what will happen......if they back out that sucks.....but at least the autotune will help compensate for it...although backing out would make me a little less excited about spending another $400 for the equipment.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm calming down now!
Old Jun 9, 2005, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation Dyno Day Info

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
Here are the preliminaryspecifics:
pm me to put you on the list.

1. $275.00 for tune (1 map)
2 $ 50.00 For additional map/
3. Add 75.00 - 100.00 xtra for turbo upgrade, as these take longer.

If you purchase a XEDE at this event, or get the X-flash, there is a $100.00 discount on the dyno! (the price above will drop 100.00)

We NEED 10-20 cars per day (sat/sun) or no Dyno!! prices above subject to change depending on crowd!
Ok folks ... I think the above quote pretty much sums it up as far as the costs go.

I just got off the phone with Vishnu and they can make the suggested date (7/23 and possibly 7/24), so that is not a problem at all. However, the key to this whole thing actually happening is for 10+ people to COMMIT to this event. This means that if you want to be part of the dyno day you have to:

1.) Send me a PM, I will add you to the list
2.) Call Vishnu (925) 648-7863
3.) Give them your CC number and tell them you want to make a deposit for the Chicago/Midwest Dyno day
3a) Vishnu will hold a deposit (sorry not sure how much yet, my guess = $100)
4.) Send me a PM and let me know that you have put down a deposit

If we do not get people to put down deposits, then this dyno day will not happen. At the last check, the list was:

SATURDAY JULY 23rd:

Paid?
- N - 1. Smokedmustang 03 Evo (2 maps!)
- N - 2. Killasweep (2 maps)
- N - 3. Syanara 03 Evo (2maps)
- N - 4. Gashero 03 Evo (2 maps!)
- N - 5. Evofreak 03evo(2 maps!)
- N - 6. Silencer 03 Evo (4 maps!)
- N - 7. Evolution8 03 Evo
- N - 8. GBEVO 03 Evo
- N - 9. gtr Evo MR
- N - 10. Pter Drgn (1-2 maps)

SUNDAY JULY 24th

- N - 1. Jspecevo 03EVO
- N - 2. Eroshi?
- N - 3. Ludikraut 03 Evo(2 maps) AMS kit

As of right now we are about 6 weeks away from this. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that we should try to have at least 10 people have their deposits in before the 4th of July weekend. Once we have that, we can then go to see about whether it will be a one or two day event.

As far as the auto-tuning stuff goes. Vishnu would not commit 100% to having it available in time for the dyno day. However, I was told that they will have a definite answer to that at least 2 weeks prior to out dyno day. This brings me to a question:

If the auto-tuning feature is not available in time for 7/23, do we, at that point in time, want to push back the dyno day a couple of weeks?

Alright, that's all for now.

l8r)
Old Jun 9, 2005, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

i'm assuming the deposit is full refunded if the dyno day doesn't work out or something comes up?
Old Jun 9, 2005, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

I would say, as an "outsider" looking in, that if they are that close, you wait till it is done, other wise you have to wait with everyone else to get the Active control system. Why not just get the dyno and the goodies at the same time. Or would that entail money for the dyno tune, dyno-machine, and an extra 400 beans for the active control stuff?? Just my 2c, good things come to those who wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by smokedmustang; Jun 9, 2005 at 07:08 PM. Reason: ....
Old Jun 9, 2005, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

And GREAT JOB Ludi, you must know the "secret" hand shake or code word to get this done, I/we commend you!

P.S., Killasweep, what or where do you get a 274 cam? you mean 272 correct!
Old Jun 9, 2005, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

lets not forget the "strap-down" money for Performance auto werks, of $50.00 per car, I think that was on page 1, but I inadvertently put Grand Rapids Michigan, my fault.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
The shop isn't the issue here. IMHO, Performance Autowerks will be a much better venue than the Porsche Exchange last year... although I don't suppose we'll see a new Carrera GT pulling out of the lot. IMO we just have a breakdown of communication between Vishnu and Smoked. I understand smoked's frustration, I've been in similar situations before.

For now, everyone relax. I just sent a PM to all the Vishnu folks and I will call later.

l8r)
Trust me you all will love our facility. We have had many customers comment that it is one of the best dyno facilities around!

Dave Gilbert
Performance Autowerks, Inc.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

i would say push back and wait for auto tuning to come out.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pwerks
Trust me you all will love our facility. We have had many customers comment that it is one of the best dyno facilities around!

Dave Gilbert
Performance Autowerks, Inc.
I've seen the shop, and it looks good. How much will the dyno fee be from you guys?

l8r)
Old Jun 10, 2005, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

I'm sitting on the fence for this one. Here's my pros and cons.

1) I'm moving to New Mexico the very next weekend so if the event is pushed back even one week I can't make it. It'll be quite a bit more difficult to get to good tuners from albuquerque than here in chicago.

2) I'm confident in the results we'll see from the autotuning features. In particular, I think that the autotuning would be really handy out west where i'll routinely be taking my car to varying altitudes (Albuquerque is at like 6500').I'm also comfortable working with in-development code and features.

3) This is an extremely good learning opportunity. Even if it isn't arranged like a tutorial, people are going to have a hard time trying to stop me from asking a bazillion questions. To me, that's worth the price of admission.

4) I want to see the crazy setup that Ludi's been teasing us with.

On the other hand:

1) Do I want to spend my last weekend in chicago in a garage?

2) At the moment, my car is pretty much stock (even the exhaust). The reason is because drivability so good already. I worried that I may see no gains.

3) I'm not 'strapped for cash' by most people standards, but I will be returning to school this fall full time. Knowing I'm going to be a student for the next 5+ years, it's hard not to pinch pennies.
Old Jun 11, 2005, 01:49 AM

I'm still down as tentative. I'm fairly certain I should be able to make it but it is really going to depend on whether I can get some OT from work soon or not. As I said in a much earlier post, I just had the clutch replaced so cash is a bit tight right now...to top that off, my compressor just went out on my central air at the house and, of course, it's past its warranty. I'll send you the PM soon'ish to let you know for sure. Sorry for the uncertainty.