Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Vishnu Midwest Dyno Day July 23/24th!

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2005, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to have to withdrawn from the festivities. I recently torched my clutch and need the money to pay off that and the install. It's either that or try and make it to Chicago on a clutch that won't let me go past 60 mph in 5th, lol. On a side note, I didn't realize that there appear to be quite a few owners in the Indy area. I live in Muncie myself and would be curious to possibly meet a few of you...either that or extend an invitation to you all to come to the Muncie dragway so I'm not the only Evo beating up the domestics and SRT4's. PM me sometime. Again, sorry for bailing but cash is a bit tight now.
Old May 29, 2005, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

So what would the total cost for a custom tune at this event be?
Old May 30, 2005, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by erioshi
So what would the total cost for a custom tune at this event be?
Got to page 1 Eroshi, there is a price-list there, the price could change depending on the size of the crowd. Do you want to custom tune 1 map or what? Are you "returning" to be a Vishnuite again?
Old May 30, 2005, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Ok,
1200+ views and a handful of signups, are there any one out there that has questions about whats going on with the dyno, who should do it, why should I do it etc...? lets open this up to a Q & A, lets get the days BOOKED!
Old May 31, 2005, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
Got to page 1 Eroshi, there is a price-list there, the price could change depending on the size of the crowd. Do you want to custom tune 1 map or what? Are you "returning" to be a Vishnuite again?
Sorry, I guess I should have asked "Does the $275.00 price include both tuning and dyno costs?" My plan would be for one map on 93, but with the posibility of some extra time for Shiv to work through the differences in my car and get to a good tune.

I guess I don't feel that I need to "return" to be a Vishnuite; I'm running an XEDE and XEDE flash along with a number of other Vishnu goodies. The main differences on my car are the Piper cams and custom head work. Depending on how testing goes, I may decide to try out my HKS 280s (more Vishnu parts) again.

Anyway, I'm in the final stages of recovering from some problems created by the shop that did the porting on my head, and hopefully will have the car ready for some custom tuning; I should know more this week.
Old May 31, 2005, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

Wink

Originally Posted by erioshi
Sorry, I guess I should have asked "Does the $275.00 price include both tuning and dyno costs?" My plan would be for one map on 93, but with the posibility of some extra time for Shiv to work through the differences in my car and get to a good tune.

I guess I don't feel that I need to "return" to be a Vishnuite; I'm running an XEDE and XEDE flash along with a number of other Vishnu goodies. The main differences on my car are the Piper cams and custom head work. Depending on how testing goes, I may decide to try out my HKS 280s (more Vishnu parts) again.

Anyway, I'm in the final stages of recovering from some problems created by the shop that did the porting on my head, and hopefully will have the car ready for some custom tuning; I should know more this week.
Hey Eroshi,
My bad, I thought I read you "strayed" from the Vishnu camp, all prices are on page 1. I remember you with those piper cams last July in Chi-Town. We'll see about the extra time with Shiv, Its up to him if he picks you up and burps you, there are alot of cars going to show up with Vishnu goodies, and we'll probably get them tuned first, as the complexities of those cars wont be as severe. you can call Shiv and crew and ask them for the extra time.
I believe I am speaking for everyone else here, that to "work" out your problem(s) can be like you standing in the express lane at the grocery store with 225 items, and all of us with 1-4 items. If Shiv will do it, probably at the end of the day.
Old May 31, 2005, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

I can't believe you "viewers" are not stepping up to the plate and signing up. I guess all the Vishnu guys are out west, or too far out east! I am sure there will be a cut-off date, and if there are not enough people, this event will be cancelled! Don't let this happen, as you dont know what you will be missing!
Old May 31, 2005, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
I'm back on the case, just was under a time crunch and couldn't wait on a "MAYBE", we'll get it done. For those who never got a strap-down dyno, you are in for a treat. I got ca40 AWHP gain JUST by dynoing the car and having Shiv "tweak" it. you owe it to yourself to get the xtra HP and be assured your air/fuel is up to snuff!!

I think we will have a larger showing if its in Chi-town, but would like to do it in MICH., but will have to go where the most people are, looks like Chicago area. will make a few more calls this week to find us the best deal, most central local etc!

List is following: PLEASE SPECIFY DAY YOU PREFER!

SATURDAY JULY 23rd:

Paid
N 1. Smokedmustang 03 Evo (2 maps!)
N 2.
N 3. Syanara 03 Evo (2maps)
N 4. Gashero 03 Evo (2 maps!)
N 5. Ludikraut 03 Evo(2-3 maps!) Bigger Turbo possibly
N 6. Evofreak 03evo(2 maps!)
N 7. Silencer 03 Evo (4 maps!)
N 8. Evolution8 03 Evo
N 9. GBEVO 03 Evo
N 10.gtr Evo MR
N 11.Pter Drgn (1-2 maps)

SUNDAY JULY 24th

1. Jspecevo 03EVO

Of course these are people "interested," tell me if you dont want to go to Illinois, and I will open a space for someone else, but I recommend the drive is well worth the HP gained! I cant submit this list until Shiv's time is paid ( Must be paid 2 weeks before the event) directly to Vishnu, call them for details, and I will call and see how they want to work this! Also pm me how many maps you want to dyno(see tentative price list on page 1). I am not assigning times for your dyno, it was ridiculous last July at the Porsche exchange! the way you line up, is the order you go! pm with questions, and maps to dyno, and if you have a after market turbo or not.

Talk to you all soon,
Kevin
Mr. P.Dragon, will your clutch be broken in for the dyno session? Come on down to Fishers IN., there are alot of evos down here, I go to Muncie to fill up on my 110 leaded all the time! Call Jerry at Family Mitshu at 317-774-2400, he can get ahold of me!!!!!!!
Old Jun 2, 2005, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Are we done filling up the spots?? lets roll fellas!
Old Jun 3, 2005, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Ok, I stopped by Performance Autowerks yesterday and it looks like a nice shop. Got to check out their NASA prepped Evo, which looks AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see what kind of times they can run in that thing.

l8r)
Old Jun 3, 2005, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

I hope we have enough people to do this, I will call today and see how many people we need to pull this off!!! I have 3 down here that might come up, do you know anyone to bring/tell?
Old Jun 3, 2005, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I may give Shiv a call and see if he's able to make the time needed to work with an unfamiliar set-up. As far as scheduling goes I can work with whatever is needed. I'm still not 100% in on this yet; I'm still working through a couple of issues related to my ported head - once those are sorted I'll be ready for a good tune.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

If it's going to be a 2-day event, then I would suggest getting anyone with a Vishnu stage 1+ or less done on the first day, since most of those cars should be pretty easy to dial in for Shiv. The second day should then be reserved for non-staged guys (probably me and Erioshi and ???) who either want more maps or will take more time to get tuned.

It looks like we easily have enough for one day at the moment...

l8r)
Old Jun 3, 2005, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
If it's going to be a 2-day event, then I would suggest getting anyone with a Vishnu stage 1+ or less done on the first day, since most of those cars should be pretty easy to dial in for Shiv. The second day should then be reserved for non-staged guys (probably me and Erioshi and ???) who either want more maps or will take more time to get tuned.

It looks like we easily have enough for one day at the moment...

l8r)
Great Idea, I'm down with that, Eroshi, I hope you get things worked out, I still think we need more people, will call The Vishnu camp today!!! Keep spreading the word! It looks like I would be down for sunday also!
Old Jun 3, 2005, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

We need 20 cars total to make this happen! Lets get more people to commit!!!