Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Public Opinion: Wideband integrated inside XEDE?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2005, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ez76
Why Would I Want This When I Cna Get An S-afc2 And Denzo 720mc Injectors? Seems Like A Waist Of Money To Me Just Myo Pinion
I can't believe you posted that, with over a 1000 posts. If you don't know the value of having a wideband O2 on board, then you may need to read ALOT. It the best way to tell what your A/F ratio is real time. Sure you could log a run, but you'd be doing it with the stock O2, which is a narrow band O2.
Old May 23, 2005, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

why even tune the car at all? just add parts and raise boost with a mbc and call it a day.
Old May 23, 2005, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LT1runner
I can't believe you posted that, with over a 1000 posts. If you don't know the value of having a wideband O2 on board, then you may need to read ALOT. It the best way to tell what your A/F ratio is real time. Sure you could log a run, but you'd be doing it with the stock O2, which is a narrow band O2.
somone doenst understand sarchasm..
Old May 24, 2005, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LT1runner
HEY LISTEN ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS LOOK AT TAILPIPE BECAUSE IF IT'S BLACK PULL FUEL BACK, IF THERE IS ANY RESIDUE AT ALL YOU ARE RUNNING TOO RICH AND NEED TO LEAN OUT EVEN SOME MORE THAN YOU ALREADY ARE RUNNING, LEAN I MEAN

TUNING IS NOT OMPLICATED YUO NEED TO USE COMON SENSE THOUGH FOR EXAMPLE MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THAT MOST OF THE TIME BOOST IS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM WHICH IS WHY THE MBC IS GOOD TO HAVE OPEN AND PLUS THE WAISTGATE NEEDS TO BE OPEN AT THE SAME TIME OR DUH NO BOOST!

**** THIS IS NOT ENGINES 101? PEOPLE NEED TO REALIZE THAT OUR CARS ARE MEASURING AIR NOT FUEL AND BOOST IS NOT FOR FREE UNLESS YOU LIKE SWAPPING YOUR ROD EVERY DAY
Old May 24, 2005, 01:08 AM
Evolving Member

do it
Old May 24, 2005, 04:34 AM
Evolved Member

Edit: I was being a little cruel, sorry...

Oh yeah, this is still an excellent idea and can't wait to hear more.

Last edited by SuperHatch; May 24, 2005 at 07:56 AM.
Old May 24, 2005, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
as long as the people who alreay own an xede can update and get the sensor, i say definetely!
Old May 24, 2005, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

To me, this seems like a no brainer. There's already a spare 5v input available and everyone agrees that a wideband is needed for a safe and reliable tune.

I've been thinking about this ever since I first saw the pinout in the xmap menu. Just addeding support for the sensor to the datalog menu would undoubtedly help quite a few people. From my understanding of the xede protocol, that should require almost no work.

d

Last edited by donour; May 24, 2005 at 06:33 AM.
Old May 24, 2005, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Do that and I will go buy a New EVO just to use it.
Old May 24, 2005, 06:46 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by donour
To me, this seems like a no brainer. There's already a spare 5v input available and everyone agrees that a wideband is needed for a safe and reliable tune.

I've been thinking about this ever since I first saw the pinout in the xmap menu. Just addeding support for the sensor to the datalog menu would undoubtedly help quite a few people. From my understanding of the xede protocol, that should require almost no work.

d
Yes, hence my "snazzy logger" comment. You can log volts right now, but that is just plain "beneath" this platform.
Old May 24, 2005, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I think adding wideband support to the unit would be a very nice feature. I've been debating on getting a wideband kit but I would hold out if Vishnu did decide to integrate wideband support to the XEDE.
Old May 24, 2005, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Eric Lyublinsky
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Do that and I will go buy a New EVO just to use it.
Haha, it was bound to happen Eric....
Old May 24, 2005, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is there any idea on an ETA for this? I would say that the intrest in undoubtably here, we would just like to know if this is a sooner rather then later option. I do however think that some tuner input would be appretiated as far as the setting up an A/F ratio is concerned. There have been several threads before to the point that there is no perfect A/F, it depends on timing, boost, where in the map you are etc. A tuning tool, no matter how competent it may be, is only as good as the person who is telling it what to do. I mean, what kind of boost/load levels are safe for what A/F? I would think that you could run a bit leaner at 19 lbs of boost as compared to 24 lbs, it really seems to come down to cylinder pressure, but I would not know what level would be considered safe. Anyway, I think that this would be a great idea, especially for those who do not live on the West Coast to have easy access to Vishnu or another shop who would be considered competent enough to do the tuning. It would also save the user some money in the long run on tuning expenses.
Old May 24, 2005, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
A wideband 02 sensor would help verify that the map you are using is making your car run the desired AFRs. It would, with the help of the road dyno/datalog software, greatly assist in the user-tuner features of the XEDE. It's basically another tool that one can use to ensure proper tune and safe running. I never tune without one

Shiv
In that case, I vote Yes!
Old May 24, 2005, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

me love you long time