Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2005, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sell the spiderman stuff to shiv!!
Old Jun 15, 2005, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by donour
Smog: You probably realize this but I don't think that the other readers do.

That's _not_ the first issue of Amazing Spiderman. That's issue #1 of spectacular spiderman, which didn't run very long I believe. Amazing spiderman is worth much, much more.

EDIT:

Not bad though, $250

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/p-issues.asp?t_ID=3343

Correction, it ran for 22 years :-p

d
Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-Man is very much still alive. I believe they renumbered their issues with the start of a new volume sometime back. PPSM #1 may only be worth $50-100 on the street. Ignore the Mile High comic prices since they are overly inflated. The days of making money on comics are looong gone unless you have some very rare Silver/Golden Age comics in excellent or mint condition. The earliest Amazing Spiderman I have is #12. It is in average conditions and may only be worth $100 or so at best

Yay!! I'm a comic nerd!!

Shiv
Old Jun 16, 2005, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, Shiv's a comic fan? Who'd a thunkit?
Old Jun 16, 2005, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

I would have guessed a hot wheels fan.. or pez...

Terry S
Old Jun 16, 2005, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I can also tell you, looking at the cover scans, they will be worth much less than most of the published prices, since there are many rough/worn/torn edges on them, and are far from mint. I am a serious comics geek, and, like Shiv said, comics are worth poopie these days. In fact, they were never really worth anything, unless you were able to hook up with the single other supergeek in the world who had to have that issue (although few comics geeks have the cash to actually buy expensive books). I guess that is easier to do these days (what with that whole "internet" thing I keep hearing about), but even so, your best bet would be to sell them as an entire collection to a comic store for much less than you might expect. Your only other alternative is to hang on to them until some unspecified future date when comics form the foundation of the worlds economy, although that might be a while...
Old Jun 16, 2005, 05:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
^
Now thats funny.

btw, I have that Spectacular Spiderman somewhere + many other #1 issue marvel comics in the garage.

Got all exicited when I saw that 1,200 quote.......This might prompt me to find them now, with all this white bunny / rabbit talk.