Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Vishnu Olins "Gerrard" Spec setup

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2005, 06:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ludikraut
I am very interested in this setup. Is this setup meant to be used with an aftermarket rear swaybar (i.e. hochkis, rre, etc.), or does it come with its own? Also, if anyone knows any alignment shops "near" (read: 200 miles) of Chicago that can give me the proper alignment and corner weighting for this setup, pls let me know.

Lastly ... if I do get this setup I am going to need driving lessons ... are you still teaching, Chrono? If you're ever teaching at an event within 5 hours drive of Chicago, lemme know...
l8r)
Can you get to Denver in five hours ?(should be a test right). I can instruct up to four people a day so if you find 3 friends you can get me out there for a reasonable amount (pm me for details).

BTW we don't need a rear bar to balance the car because we found front grip instead

There are streetable combos that use both front and rear bars but that's just so you can lower the spring rates to gain ride quality and still keep reasonable track worthy roll stiffness. As you can tell I am not a fan of big bars but the have a place on a track day/daily driver.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 12:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chronohunter
Can you get to Denver in five hours ?(should be a test right). I can instruct up to four people a day so if you find 3 friends you can get me out there for a reasonable amount (pm me for details).

BTW we don't need a rear bar to balance the car because we found front grip instead

There are streetable combos that use both front and rear bars but that's just so you can lower the spring rates to gain ride quality and still keep reasonable track worthy roll stiffness. As you can tell I am not a fan of big bars but the have a place on a track day/daily driver.
Paul, if I get a IX ,u need to get out here and teach me how to drive it around corners.If not I might ape it up and end up Drifting it upside down again.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 03:52 AM
Evolved Member

good lord no.. you will never ever take a turn again. follow the LPDE rules.. under no circumstances must you ever accelerate on the track.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Can you tell me (without having the secret service involved) ballpark spring rates?
Old Dec 23, 2005, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Dustin: keep me posted on the Ohlins setup, too.

I can... from Omaha. Seriously, you should consider defecting from the Peoples' Republic of Boulder for a weekend to teach at MidAmerica Motorplex in Iowa next year. There's four of us Nebraska EVO guys that would pay for your experience. Besides, it's a manageable trip for the Chicago owners. The Findtheline guys from Minnesota are always traveling down for a track weekend, and they're generally open to all-comers. Lots of track time.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

^^ I would definitely be up for that.

Denver's a bit far, although I have made the trip almost a dozen times now. To make it in 5 hours, my Evo would have to go 200 mph, though.

l8r)
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:15 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by value
Can you tell me (without having the secret service involved) ballpark spring rates?
on the Touge car (and my car) 450f/550r, nothing radical...
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:17 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by speedomodel
Dustin: keep me posted on the Ohlins setup, too.

I can... from Omaha. Seriously, you should consider defecting from the Peoples' Republic of Boulder for a weekend to teach at MidAmerica Motorplex in Iowa next year. There's four of us Nebraska EVO guys that would pay for your experience. Besides, it's a manageable trip for the Chicago owners. The Findtheline guys from Minnesota are always traveling down for a track weekend, and they're generally open to all-comers. Lots of track time.
get some dates and shoot em' to me
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:21 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by IE Evo
Paul, if I get a IX ,u need to get out here and teach me how to drive it around corners.If not I might ape it up and end up Drifting it upside down again.
I also do "community service" coaching for "challenged" students...so you may be in luck (you know, for the greater good). I want you to start right now by doing 1000 push-ups and sit-ups a day and substitute tofu for beef in you diet (let me know how that all goes )
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:08 AM

Last edited by RACESHOP; Jun 18, 2006 at 03:27 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IE Evo
I guess the Luv word can be misconstrued for Gay Lust. Dustin has no booty and is not my type. Kinda a Michael Jackson physique but Darker. But my Boytoy David already left Vishnu awhile back and boy did Honky Kong have a booty. LOL

Ah - the good 'ole Left Coast We keep it in the closet over here.

BTW - for me: 475f/575r
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

on the Touge car (and my car) 450f/550r, nothing radical...
Wow that reasonable . One more thing, did we not use Ohlins camber plates do to cost ??
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:52 AM
Former Sponsor

The Ohlins rears do not come with an upper top hat, so one must be found elsewhere.

Originally Posted by value
Wow that reasonable . One more thing, did we not use Ohlins camber plates do to cost ??
Old Dec 23, 2005, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

btw the vishnu stage 2 kit performed flawlessly in terms of power delivery and lack of lag. Larry has really built a fine adapter piece for the gt series turbos. Most of the people there didnt understand how a big turbo was on this car being that i have the stock manifold and heatshield. -- RACE SHOP *****ES
Old Dec 23, 2005, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Oh really? That's really tempting as I can make it to denver pretty easily. Besides Ludi, who's interested?

d

PS : I heard through the grapevine that you work with the colorado FSAE team. I'm involved with the local one in Albuquerque. I'm trying to drum up more interest in drivers training with them as well as organize from practice events besides the official competition. It's sad to see the cars from previous years just sorta sit idle.

Quick Reply: Vishnu Olins "Gerrard" Spec setup