Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Dyno4mance Dyno Day Results - A Little Delayed

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2006, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea i had a test pipe ordered, but received the wrong one prior to the dyno day. a perrin is on the way w/ the o2 bung. i am looking at the alky kit, and a new clutch next. Shiv, had said, on the test drive after he tuned my car, that even though it is a high flow it is still a cat which makes sense. He referenced the 15 whp not sure on what dyno or what circumstances, but I look forward to finding out.
Old May 26, 2006, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO Nathan
. But, my next mod is replacing out my stock rotors. They seem to be pretty worn down. I have 57,000 on them, and I think it time for some new ones.

Nathan
Yup, your next mod should be brakes and suspension. You have made the power but you have to balance the car now. You will be surprised what better brake pads and rotors can do.

also, did you change your timing belt. If not, its about time.
Old May 26, 2006, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Az3ar
Yup, your next mod should be brakes and suspension. You have made the power but you have to balance the car now. You will be surprised what better brake pads and rotors can do.

also, did you change your timing belt. If not, its about time.

The brake pads have been changed, but the rotors definitely are time to go.
And yes, I replaced the timing belt about 15,000 miles ago when I put my cams in.

Thanks man,
Nathan
Old May 26, 2006, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

hmmmm Massive you said. I just won’t feel comfortable running 12 AFR at 4000 at the track for extended period of times. We get some serious load at 4K rpm. Mitus tunes it around 9 AFR stock so 12 is a bit much in my book...
o2 sensors lag rpm by 200-300rpm, especially at the low end where exhaust flow rates are low. So the car isn't really running 12:1 at 4000rpm. A simple steady-state dyno run will prove that.

shiv
Old May 26, 2006, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
o2 sensors lag rpm by 200-300rpm, especially at the low end where exhaust flow rates are low. So the car isn't really running 12:1 at 4000rpm. A simple steady-state dyno run will prove that.

shiv
good to know
Old May 26, 2006, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

shiv

is there anything you dont know, i am really glad you took an interest in cars.

Last edited by joseph k; May 26, 2006 at 03:46 PM. Reason: shiv is a genuis
Old May 26, 2006, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joseph k
is there anything you dont know, i am really glad you took an interest in cars.

Well you have to know that we don’t know every little detail behind our ECUs so everything is said to us we believe it. It’s like your neighbor says he speaks French how you can put him on the spot if you don’t speak French? You got my point?
Old May 26, 2006, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Well you have to know that we don’t know every little detail behind our ECUs so everything is said to us we believe it. It’s like your neighbor says he speaks French how you can put him on the spot if you don’t speak French? You got my point?
Old May 26, 2006, 05:59 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Old May 26, 2006, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

So Flash vs Flash, Would it be fair to say, Shiv can "massage" more HP out of the car than "other" tuner in question here, with the stock ECU? has my long time question been answered? or can I make that assumption?? It would be like if evonathan returning back to Al, and getting a tune, and the first "pull" would show Shivs tune. Would Al's tune yield more HP than Shivs? When it showed up on the dyno with LESS? I don't want a flame war here, but I/we would like clarification on this.

Also, could some one tell me what 30 AWHP on a DD Dyno equate to the "other" dynos. Mustang dyno or Dynojet? I am curious, have a coffee, and some Cheetoes on stand by, so I can wait for an answer. It really doesn't matter what method Al used to tune, wheather "butt-dyno" or normal dyno, the fact is, nathan was driving around with "said" dyno plot for months, in my estimation Down on HP, compared to Shiv's tune, as NO variables have changed. I just find the difference in tunes HUGE, and cant follow or understand WHY, unless it is in the finess or skill of the "tune". Tell me to shut up if you want, I just want to know why the HUGE difference in tunes? Both had the same car to work on, why did one fall short? No Boost leak on this one, thats for sure!!
Old May 26, 2006, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO Nathan
Yeah I put down 303 on pump.
That's it?
Old May 26, 2006, 09:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Honestly Smoked, I would just drop the tuner vs. tuner subject. There is enough information out for people to make up their own minds and honestly I don't want this thread going to crap. Caveat emptor, that's what I say.
Old May 26, 2006, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

Just curious, why does the author of the thread specify octane on all but the Dynoflash tune. It was also on 93 correct?

PS. This could have been mentioned already, but I didn't notice
Old May 26, 2006, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
So Flash vs Flash, Would it be fair to say, Shiv can "massage" more HP out of the car than "other" tuner in question here, with the stock ECU? has my long time question been answered? or can I make that assumption?? It would be like if evonathan returning back to Al, and getting a tune, and the first "pull" would show Shivs tune. Would Al's tune yield more HP than Shivs? When it showed up on the dyno with LESS? I don't want a flame war here, but I/we would like clarification on this.

Also, could some one tell me what 30 AWHP on a DD Dyno equate to the "other" dynos. Mustang dyno or Dynojet? I am curious, have a coffee, and some Cheetoes on stand by, so I can wait for an answer. It really doesn't matter what method Al used to tune, wheather "butt-dyno" or normal dyno, the fact is, nathan was driving around with "said" dyno plot for months, in my estimation Down on HP, compared to Shiv's tune, as NO variables have changed. I just find the difference in tunes HUGE, and cant follow or understand WHY, unless it is in the finess or skill of the "tune". Tell me to shut up if you want, I just want to know why the HUGE difference in tunes? Both had the same car to work on, why did one fall short? No Boost leak on this one, thats for sure!!
I you want to Email me your E-mail address I can forward you the Great Dyno Equalizer program which shows Dynojet/Dyno Dynamics/Mustang it converts it all for you automatically, just put in the number and hit enter. This is from Shiv's old internet site.
Also as far as tuner to tuner. Dyno #'s can have a lot of variable between Dynoto dyno as well as temp and humitity and gas as well as correction factors A/F timing and so one. I think either way you go you cant go wrong both are excellent tuners.
Old May 27, 2006, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Fundamental differences between the two flashes:

Our flash:

- retains both the low octane and high octane timing maps (they are not set equal to each other)
- retains both the low octane and high octane fuel maps. (they are not set equal to each other)
- has ignition advance values that aren't set to "8" just about everywhere below 4000rpm.

Cheers from texas,
shiv
What is the advantage of the dual map?