Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Vishnu Ohlins are here!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
700/900 is the highest they offer right now, I think. The normal street/track setup is 450/550, and there's one other combo in between. I got the chance to feel the 700/900 combo the day that I spent at the track with Paul. I rode down from the Springs in the back seat with those springs, then rode on track, and that's what convinced me I could go with the stiffest available. I do daily drive on crappy roads, but any stiffness is welcome in exchange for top performance on track.
Warrtalon, are you running hoosiers or some other slick tire? Just curious since the current 450/550 setup feels just about right on my 255 Toyos. Wondering if the higher spring rate is necessary for the increased grip associated with slicks or if it could be used by Toyos as well.

Thanks
-heeltoer
Old Apr 1, 2007, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
285 V710s, and the combo works great, but I have also used my 255/40 RT-615s for two sessions, and both times, my rears got overpowered by the spring rates I think, because my rear end just slid all the way around uncontrollably on two separate occasions. That could have been just me, but it had never happened before on those tires. Even so, when trying to be more careful, I put down some great lap times on my street tires, which aren't even as grippy as your RA-1s.

Paul also was testing that day on very old, crappy-looking RA-1s, so I think you may be able to do it.

Last edited by Warrtalon; Apr 1, 2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
285 V710s, and the combo works great, but I have also used my 255/40 RT-615s for some session, and both times, my rears got overpowered by the spring rates I think, because my rear end just slid all the way around uncontrollably on two separate occasions. That could have been just me, but it had never happened before on those tires. Even so, when trying to be more careful, I put down some great lap times on my street tires, which aren't even as grippy as your RA-1s.

Paul also was testing that day on very old, crappy-looking RA-1s, so I think you may be able to do it.
appreciate the feedback. very helpful.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Czubaka
17x9, BSP. It may have rubbed, but I'm not sure. The car these wheels were on is trailered and only driven in anger at the occasional autox. He's now running the same wheel/tire setup as you.
Actually no. The car that the Love's own is the '04 Showcase car (Lieber/Tak). It was built as an ESP car with 17x9 FNO1RC's + 275/40 V710s. The rear quarters were rolled, but I don't think there was any rubbing. Of course the car wasn't really that low. It was running JICs FLA2s which, as you know, are now on my car. When they switched to Ohlins (although I think they were actually revalved by ohlins themselves), they had to run spacers in the front to keeps the 285/30/18s from rubbing.

While I'm thinking about it, you may recall that they broke the transfercase in their RS last fall at the last SCCA event. Apparently this is common is BSP cars. I thought LSD ones were rather strong. :shrug:

d
Old Apr 1, 2007, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. My memory was a little sketchy on the details.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by donour
. . .
While I'm thinking about it, you may recall that they broke the transfercase in their RS last fall at the last SCCA event. Apparently this is common is BSP cars. I thought LSD ones were rather strong. :shrug:

d
Navid broke one at the Pro Finale last year too. I had a Quaife in my silver car, but with the new red car we're just going to run the stock RS front diff. Guess I'll keep the Quaife as a backup just in case.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by kekek
Anyone have updates???
+1 .... updates anyone? Just waiting for a revalve ... I drove in an auto-x course with A LOT of transitions on course and I could tell I was losing a lot of time ... (the driver was also partially responsible)
Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Updates? ... still waiting for updates. I've heard a few members have decided to opt for a refund and are going a different route, a real shame. Even Warrtalon is recommending people looking for suspension upgrades go the Robispec route.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=262824

Is there something I am missing?!? ... If I didn't whole heartedly believe in Chronohunter's suspension theory I probably wouldn't be so patient.

I really hope my patience is rewarded ....
Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

There may be an alternative ... I'm investigating right now...

l8r)
Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Unfortunately, we were forced to stop selling the systems. We even had two on order that we were forced to send back, because Ohlins could simply not produce the missing parts. It's a damn shame, but we can't let the rest operation suffer due to Ohlins shortcomings.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dustin@Vishnu
Unfortunately, we were forced to stop selling the systems. We even had two on order that we were forced to send back, because Ohlins could simply not produce the missing parts. It's a damn shame, but we can't let the rest operation suffer due to Ohlins shortcomings.
Horrible news -

I think Vishnu & Paul need to come up with an alternative??
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ludikraut
There may be an alternative ... I'm investigating right now...

l8r)
i smell jrz
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

You guys know the answer already, as Chronohunter has mentioned multiple times in the past. The alternative for quality shocks are too expensive, though I have to admit I'm curious as with which company's products they would choose to go with. Motons?

I specifically bought Ohlins because Chronohunter has put all the R&D into them and supposedly they provide the best bang per buck. Back when the Vishnu spec Ohlins 1st came out, Ohlins were in short supply worldwide. And I couldnt get my hands on one. 2nd hand ones were selling for the same price as brand new ones in the forums. I finally manage to get mine 2nd hand and then supply started to resume world wide. Supply resumed but now parts are missing ... To top it all off no one is available to revalve them after I finally managed to scrounge all the necessary parts. Ironic don't ya think?

I have faith these guys (Vishnu/Chronohunter) will pull through for me ...
Old Apr 11, 2007, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
. . . .To top it all off no one is available to revalve them after I finally managed to scrounge all the necessary parts. Ironic don't ya think?
. . .
If you have a set of Ohlins ready to be revalved, and whoever was doing that for Vishnu is not available, I would think Vishnu would give you the specs on the valving so you could have it done elsewhere. That is if you originally bought them from Vishnu under the pretense that they would be valved to Vishnu/Chronohunter specs.

There are other places in the country besides the west coast that are "authorized" to revalve Ohlins . . .

EVOlutionary
Old Apr 11, 2007, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Would it be worth-while to try revalving Bilstein PSS9's?

Quick Reply: Vishnu Ohlins are here!