Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Vishnu Ohlins are here!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2006, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice! I'm certain anyone who buys these will be thrilled.

BTW does anyone know what hood is on that drift car? The intake slot is the reverse of the Gialla hood.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Finally!!! after a wait of 2 years!!! ... Just wish I could ride in someone's car that already has this setup, so I can make up my mind. So tempting
Old Jul 19, 2006, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

I have the newer Ohlins (with helper springs) with stock valving and my own spring rates (500/500). How would the Vishnu valving work with that? Is the Vishnu valving same front and rear?
Old Jul 19, 2006, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Do you guys get them shipped directly to you with the spring rates and valving already done, or do you get them "stock" and then modify them?

Do you get them through Works, or direct to you from Japan?

If you can get me a set of stock off-the-shelf units what would be the cost. I have my own spring rates and valving that I use. Thanks!

EVOlutionary
Old Jul 19, 2006, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

What about custom spring rates which are quite a bit higher (like 800 lb/in frt and 900 lb/in rr) Any extra charge? Revalve?
Old Jul 19, 2006, 02:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kekek
What about custom spring rates which are quite a bit higher (like 800 lb/in frt and 900 lb/in rr) Any extra charge? Revalve?
we can do that, no issues at all other than confirming that that is what you need not just what you want

no extra charge we re-valve them all anyway...
Old Jul 19, 2006, 02:09 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by redvolution
I have the newer Ohlins (with helper springs) with stock valving and my own spring rates (500/500). How would the Vishnu valving work with that? Is the Vishnu valving same front and rear?
First of all stock valving with 500's. I would recommend that you buy a pair of springs, either 400s for the front or 600s for the rear depending on what you want (more sporty or more cushy) then send them to us for a revalve, the charge is $399. The valving is very different front and rear because of the front strut vs. the rear multilink and we need the front and rear to do different things to make the car turn efficiently.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 02:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Do you guys get them shipped directly to you with the spring rates and valving already done, or do you get them "stock" and then modify them?

Do you get them through Works, or direct to you from Japan?

If you can get me a set of stock off-the-shelf units what would be the cost. I have my own spring rates and valving that I use. Thanks!

EVOlutionary
That should work though Dustin would of course have the final word. Are you sure your valving is the way to go(?) if you have your heart set on it we can do anything you want (valving wise) and keep it double top secret if you like...
Old Jul 19, 2006, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

finally!!! might i add i have been running these for about 7 months now, and i must say they are still as fantastic as the day i got them. I love the fact that there are distinct differences in the valving when i adjust the dampers. I can go from luxury car ride to full on race stiff. I have ran the tein flex and teh fic flta-2 and neither of them gave real major adjustments in ride quality. The teins were always too soft and the jics were always crappy.

Glad to see that the suspension is finally out!!
Old Jul 19, 2006, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
A few questions:

1. Are these dampers monotube or twin rube?
2. Are the dampers gas or oil only?
3. Is the valving digressive? I could not tell from the pic with the dyno sheet on the lap top? Can you post a dyno sheet of the dampers?
4. Are these shortened dampers? or stock height dampers? If they are not shorter than stock and we lower the car with the spring perch we will lose suspencion travel.
5. Why aren't these dampers with an adjustable lower bracket and a spring mounting perch. This would have eliminated the need for helper springs and kept the main springs in place.
6. Are they inverted like the stockers?
7. Are the dampers single adjustable or double adjustable? Where are the rebound and compression adjusters located?

Last edited by nj1266; Jul 19, 2006 at 03:33 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Paul, Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, I just placed an order, Dustin told me I should see them at my door step within 3 weeks, can't wait to test out those puppies!!!

Kev
Old Jul 19, 2006, 04:55 PM
cjb
Evolving Member

Are the helper springs for when the suspension is at, or near, full compression?
Old Jul 19, 2006, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
no... they're there to keep the assy together when the assembly is at full sag. they can only use a certain amount of coils packed in a certain gemetry for any given application. this is obviously for compression, but to maintain travel and not have to spring pop off and out your wheel well when you're at full sag is important too.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 05:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by nj1266
A few questions:

1. Are these dampers monotube or twin rube?
2. Are the dampers gas or oil only?
3. Is the valving digressive? I could not tell from the pic with the dyno sheet on the lap top? Can you post a dyno sheet of the dampers?
4. Are these shortened dampers? or stock height dampers? If they are not shorter than stock and we lower the car with the spring perch we will lose suspension travel.
5. Why aren't these dampers with an adjustable lower bracket and a spring mounting perch. This would have eliminated the need for helper springs and kept the main springs in place.
6. Are they inverted like the stockers?
7. Are the dampers single adjustable or double adjustable? Where are the rebound and compression adjusters located?
1. Monotube
2. Gas and oil
3. Valving is digressive though how much is proprietary
4. Same basic dimensions as stock but with much higher quality damping and much higher spring rates than stock shorter travel is not an issue, definitely a case of quality over quantity. I test on the road on the track and on dirt roads (with lots of bumps)
5. I agree that would be cool, the helpers would be still be needed at full droop though because that perch does not change actual travel or spring travel.
6. Inverted
7. Single adjustable located on the bottom with the strut (because it's inverted) and on the top in the rear. With the 26 (and counting) revisions made to the damping we have dialed the compression and rebound at each click setting. As long as you go of off our set-up specs (which are provided) you won't find the double adjustment necessary.

If you have any specific needs beyond what's been mentioned please feel free to ask
Old Jul 19, 2006, 05:17 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kevo
Paul, Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, I just placed an order, Dustin told me I should see them at my door step within 3 weeks, can't wait to test out those puppies!!!

Kev
Can't wait either! If you have any other questions please feel free to pm me

Quick Reply: Vishnu Ohlins are here!