Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

305whp on mustang dyno: Stage 1 EVO IX Baseline does good

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2006, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hit 322whp on that same dyno back in Aug. on 100oct. I had the stock 05 turbo and 272's on it. My pump numbers are in my sig, so these numbers are nothing to sneeze at.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whitersevo
that is biggest lie.. ever
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=227902

huh?

Last edited by Doogie Howser; Nov 1, 2006 at 02:22 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

how much did this upgrade to stage 1 cost this guy shiv? I know alone stage 1 is 2000, and the V380 flash is like 750, so did you charge him the difference of those two for the upgrade from stage 0 to stage 1 = 1250?

Just wondering if I should get the Stage 1 all at once or get the Stage 0 and then upgrade to Stage 1 later, and if it would be more costly one way or the other.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by atlvalet
Mike Welch from RRE says you do not. Pick your poison.
The funny thing is that in the same thread where Mike W says that the springs are not needed, he posts the cam spec sheet from Cosworth and it specifically says that you need springs. Check it out. Read the last line on the sheet.

Attached Thumbnails 305whp on mustang dyno: Stage 1 EVO IX Baseline does good-cosworth_cam.gif  
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Technically what the specs say is that if you're staying below the stock redline, you don't need springs/retainers...which is what Mike Welch said in the SoCalEvo thread. It sems by the language Cosworth uses in their specs is that they ASSUME you'll be going higher than stock redline with these cams.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by atlvalet
Technically what the specs say is that if you're staying below the stock redline, you don't need springs/retainers...which is what Mike Welch said in the SoCalEvo thread. It sems by the language Cosworth uses in their specs is that they ASSUME you'll be going higher than stock redline with these cams.
You are splitting hairs Who stays below redline anyway? All of us push our cars past the 7000 redline and into the 7500 rpm before cutoff. These are big lift (11 mm)cams and must be revved to the highest possible "redline" inorder to extract the most power from them. Big cams are a trade-off; you lose lower end power in exchange for higher end power and that meams that you must rev the crap out of them to make every iota of power. Revving them to 7k will not get you the most out of these cams.

Cosworth is telling you in the first sentence that "proper operation" require the use of springs. That makes sense to me since w/o the springs you might get valve float and the cams will not operate at the optimal level.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 08:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
I'm not spliting hairs, I'm being "lawyerly."

Based on the graph from Works, these things produce power throughout the rpm band

BTW, can you help me figure out datalogging with my XEDE
Old Nov 2, 2006, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Here is what I think..... I dyno'd 300WHP with the 93 octane V390 map (mustange dyno).

I have since driven a 9 with TBE and flash. There is a noticable difference in delivery of power. The 9 does spool faster and hold boost longer. This guys power curve was wider than mine and it was quite noticeable from both the drivers seat and the passenger seat.

I'm not sure if us 8 guys will be able to increase spool and hold power longer without mivec and 9 snail.

The driveability of a 9 also seems to be better than the eight. There are numberous reasons for that.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

How much more power do you think this car would have made that day if it used the test pipe?

Also, if he added a better air filter like Works or BMC or Green filter woulden't he get even a bit more whp on the dyno.

I am guessing that he could have got like 325 whp or something around there if he had a test pipe and high flow filter, what do you guys think?
Old Nov 4, 2006, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joshesh
How much more power do you think this car would have made that day if it used the test pipe?

Also, if he added a better air filter like Works or BMC or Green filter woulden't he get even a bit more whp on the dyno.

I am guessing that he could have got like 325 whp or something around there if he had a test pipe and high flow filter, what do you guys think?
Not that high. he probably would have put down like 315whp w/filter and testpipe
Old Nov 16, 2006, 07:49 PM

My Dyno At Full Function

Car = Evo Ix Mr

Mods = Garage Hrs CatBack / Perrin Tp / HKS 2.75in Downpipe / Works High Flow Filter / GFB Bov / XFlash /

on 91 octane ( 76 gasoline )

Hello everyone, just got back from Full Function for a baseline dyno and i don't know how to feel right now, but it has made up my mind to buy a turbo kit lol. Now I realatively have the same mods as this other car in this thread exept being my downpipe is 2.75 n his being 3in and i have a Works drop in. Looking over the two charts mines and his, he has 20 more whp as i dyno'ed at 285whp and 278tq and his car dyno'ed at 305whp. But then again I have more AVG. whp by 12whp and more Min. whp both running the same Baseline v400 Map HUH!!!. I hope i choose my mods correctly lol. But at least Sean from Full Fuction said my AFR is just outstanding thank Shiv for that well all in all it was a good day I baselined jus to see were i'm at hopfully i can pick up a turbo kit soon or maybe that 20g-Lt hahaha so many things too little money lol well see

Heres My Dyno
Attached Thumbnails 305whp on mustang dyno: Stage 1 EVO IX Baseline does good-full-function-dyno.jpg  
Old Nov 17, 2006, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Actually your tune is VERY conservative.....it doesn't even lean out at peak torque. It runs fatter than 11:1 in your main powerband.

Dyno #'s between dynos and cars dont mean a darn thing. If it was all about peak power I wouldn't have my cam gears tuned for a fat midrange. I prefer to have more useable power for daily driving.