Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Evo is shaking

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2006, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo is shaking

I got my XEDE installed and tuned by Shiv back in April and have had very little problems besides a cell. Tonight, after not driving the car for a while, the car started shaking, couldn't get any power and had to pull over. I set my key in the position before start up for a while and then turned it without problems. Is the cold weather affecting the XEDE somehow? I'm thinking of selling it if this will cause my new car to stall.

thanks

Dave
Old Dec 9, 2006, 05:35 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
What codes are you getting? Call Calvin and see what is up.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds like you blew a boost hose off the car. My stock hose came off at the throttle body last night. Terrible shaking, can't move the car faster than 5mph, zero power. Does this sound about right?
Old Dec 9, 2006, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

check your intercooler pipes.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

More details on the problem or problems with the car, is it working fine now? Do the problems come and go?
Old Dec 9, 2006, 11:58 AM

I've gotten the cell code p0300 to reoccur often. I've changed and gapped new NGK plugs. The problem has happened once in the summer and now last night while driving. Once in a while, starting the car it will shake like it's trying hard to idle, but goes away. Should I send Vishnu my XEDE and see if they see a problem?
Old Dec 9, 2006, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

sure no piping came loose?
Old Dec 9, 2006, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I would check your piping before you check you box.. Box might not be the reason why your car is shaking..
Old Dec 9, 2006, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Check piping. I bet its the one that connect to throttle body. It will look on, but use you hand and check it.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

it was probably a hose rather than a pipe.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoSTL
I've gotten the cell code p0300 to reoccur often. I've changed and gapped new NGK plugs. The problem has happened once in the summer and now last night while driving. Once in a while, starting the car it will shake like it's trying hard to idle, but goes away. Should I send Vishnu my XEDE and see if they see a problem?
Seriously I would have your car checked out, I don't think it is piping, because that problem doesn't just go away until it has been fixed. Sh*t my pipes popped loose just two nights ago and I had to pull over and pop it back on. I believe it's another problem. I was thinking it could be your radiator fan also, my radiator fan would cause my car to shake very violently at idle and had to be replaced, but still that wouldn't explain your power loss issue. So please if you are very worried about your car I would get it checked out by a proffesional, they may not be able to answer the question of what excatly is wrong, but atleast they can rule out somethings.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Try checking and repluging the connections to your xede [hanging by the wires, loose pins, etc..]. I noticed that any movement or shock to the xede would make the car sputter and stall like that.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 09:20 PM
m2
Evolving Member

Does the vibration start while driving? I have been having this issue where the car starts vibrating and throws a CEL (P0300 -- random misfire) with complete loss of power. It happens in 5th gear on-throttle and the vibration only goes away if I lift for a few seconds. Staying on the gas just increases the vibration.

Is your situation similar? I've had XEDE for over 2 years but this just started after V3.2 upgrade and clutch install (don't think it's related to clutch).
Old Dec 27, 2006, 09:36 PM

I think it could be the XEDE..Try unplugging the XEDE and replug your factory harness and now try to start the car..If your car starts and runs without shaking or stalling then it's the XEDE.If it is the XEDE is probably because of the map and tune that they used because the temp. over there is different from where you are now the tune is done based on their temperature. So that's why you might have stalling problems when it's cold.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 06:11 PM

Agreed with the above poster...unplug it