Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

New to Vishnu Flashes, v380 issues

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2007, 05:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Read this post:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=201146

Its way more info than you need, but the beginning does give the basics of downloading and uploading ROMs from your ECU.

If you get a Vishnu flash, it will be "locked" which means you'll need to get a piece of free software that will allow you to download/upload it from your ECU. That software is here:

http://www.aktivematrix.com/forum/dl...gory&cat_id=11

Last edited by mrfred; May 18, 2007 at 07:04 PM.
Old May 18, 2007, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Do not buy another ECU. Just flash back and forth yourself between stock and tuned.
+1 the man has spoken.

there are actually a few bad things that could happen with multiple ecu's. just do it right with 1 ecu.
Old May 18, 2007, 11:24 PM

Thanks mrfred! Anyone flash their ECU and then go back to Mitsu for service? Any problems from the dealer? I guess it depends on whether or not your Mitsubishi service center has morons working in it and/or they are d!cks.
Old May 18, 2007, 11:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by TommyIXMR
Thanks mrfred! Anyone flash their ECU and then go back to Mitsu for service? Any problems from the dealer? I guess it depends on whether or not your Mitsubishi service center has morons working in it and/or they are d!cks.
Not sure how often dealers will check/update the ROM on an ECU when a car goes in for routine service, but it is done sometimes. Some tuner ROMs can be detected. Others cannot easily be detected.
Old May 27, 2007, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

I had the v390 installed this week. (Thanks to cajunpower) You will love it. Feels great going through all the gears.
Old May 27, 2007, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Does anyone know the physical limit on # of reflashes a single ECU can take? Is it hundreds or thousands or ?
Old May 28, 2007, 08:49 PM

i had a question about the IX for a v380 flash, if i get the flash from vish... and i need to take it to the dealer but dont have a lappy, would vish reflash to stock for me then flash back to the v380 without charging me for anything? 9i mean obviously shipping... but do they double charge you.
Old May 29, 2007, 07:15 PM

Hey, I'm also a new IX owner and these are some really good questions. I'm not terribly concerned about getting caught since I'm going to get mine flashed anyhow, but I do wonder if they will catch it. My big question is why so much more power for a IX flash vs. an VIII flash? 100 hp at the crank is a lot. I know it may not be exactly 100 given circumstances, but is the IX that detuned or is the claim a little much?
Old May 29, 2007, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stump, I have yet to see any reports from anyone at any level of modding report a dealer detecting a flash and then denying warranty coverage thusly. I've had my car in many times to the dealer, because I still get free maintenance thanks to a promotion they were running in late 2004, and I have yet to hear a word. Last time the car was in, they replaced the A/C wiring that had gotten melted by my aftermarket radiator. Imagine that...

IXs make a lot more power than VIIIs with stg1 mods - IXs are just that much stronger. The 100hp at the crank thing is just a guesstimate. The only thing that matters is WHP gain. For instance, IXs clearly make MORE than 286 crank HP from the factory, so the starting point is skewed from the get-go.
Old May 29, 2007, 07:34 PM

Thanks for the info. I also made my own test pipe and was quite accurate on the position of the oxygen sensor as opposed to the stock cap. Thought it was a good job, but now I got this stupid service engine light. I heard there may be something I can do to fix it. Buying a test pipe is doable, but will I have the same problem? I only made this one because I had spare time.

Last edited by stump; May 30, 2007 at 06:25 PM.