Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

New to Vishnu Flashes, v380 issues

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2007, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to Vishnu Flashes, v380 issues

I'm very interested at buying the vishnu v380 xflash. I was just hoping to get some overall information on actual, experienced, and tested HP gains.

1.It claims 0-60 in 3.9 and 380hp but this seems drastic to me. Any comments?

2. I understand you can switch tuning maps using the xede... can anyone explain how its done? Through computer or can you switch the tune over from the car itself?

3. Does the xflash come with some sort of unit attached to the ECU you send in or do they just retune your ECU and send it back? Is there some sort of vishnu attachment (I know theres one for the xede)?

Any other comments or issues please let me know! Thank you all so much
Old Jan 14, 2007, 06:00 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Hey, I'll try to help you out since I have experience with Vishnu v390 Evo VIII and v550 setups from before. Also, I've seen and ridden in lots of IXs dyno tuned by Shiv. I'm looking to the v380 for my new car here in the next couple of months.

The biggest part of the 0-60 time claim has to do with an AWD launch. While obviously possible with the new power, a great launch and 1-2 shift, its something you'd do at the own risk of your clutch.

The map switching on the XEDE is accomplished by two wires. When they are connected, it reads one map bank. When they aren't, it reads the other map bank. Lots of people just put a little $2 switch on these wires so their valet or race gas map is just within reach whever they mount it (mine was to the left of inside the glove box near the XEDE).

The Xflash is simply a reflash. There is a small boost tube you put under the hood and reroute some of the boost hose/line, but its easy.

The XEDE is a physical piggyback that you attach to the ECU. It a little more involved to install, but still very easy. If you want multiple maps or plan on adding mods and changing setup often its the better way to go. If you are a set it and forget it guy who doesn't anticipate modding his car further but still wants great performance, go Xflash.

I hope this helps answer your questions!
Old Jan 14, 2007, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Xede is great!! v390 I believe!
Old Jan 14, 2007, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Also realize that Denver is pretty high altitude and you will be down on power compared to the majority of members of this forum.

d
Old Jan 14, 2007, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

I am planning on getting the V380 for my IX in a few months as well. I really hope that it is worth the money.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joshesh
I am planning on getting the V380 for my IX in a few months as well. I really hope that it is worth the money.
It is. Just listen to the ones who currently have it in their cars!! I am going on 3 years with mine!
Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Come to the Denver/Boulder dyno day (see here for details: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ulder%2Fdenver)

You can get ride with some of us and get an idea of the performance and even talk to the man himself.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:20 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Czubaka
Come to the Denver/Boulder dyno day (see here for details: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ulder%2Fdenver)

You can get ride with some of us and get an idea of the performance and even talk to the man himself.
Sounds like the best suggestion of all by far! If you go there 80210, you can get custom tuned and make even a little more power.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:40 PM
Evolved Member

bump for more responses
Old Jan 17, 2007, 03:55 AM
Evolved Member

xflash here. What do you want to know?
Old Feb 10, 2007, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Apr 24, 2007, 06:54 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and I just got a IX MR. I'm very interested in the Vishnu V380. I was thinking of getting a second ECU because I want to be able to have my car serviced by Mitsubishi without any problems (I'll obviously swap the stock ecu in and the vishnu ecu out). You guys know where I can get a new ECU? Every place I checked online only goes as far as the VIII. I live in NY, so I guess my only option is to mail my ecu to Cali, right? No Vishnu retailers in NY? Thanks.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 07:32 PM
JTB
Evolved Member

ECU swapping is not an easy thing to do as the immobilizer needs to be keyed to the ECU which requires a trip to the dealer. Just mail your ECU to Vishnu and use it -- much easier and not something the dealer will easily detect.
Old May 7, 2007, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do not buy another ECU. Just flash back and forth yourself between stock and tuned.
Old May 15, 2007, 11:20 PM

Thanks JTB, I didn't even think of the immobilizer. Now I know that buying a new ECU is the wrong and expensive route. Hey Warrtalon, how exactly would I do the flash myself? Vishnu would e-mail me the software? Would they also have the cable I'd use to connect my laptop to my car? Sorry for the newbie questions!